Blizz just randomly paypaled me $34?

So got a ping notification on my phone, two e-mails from paypal both telling me that Blizzard has sent me money totalling out to just over $34.

I have NO IDEA what its from...? I haven't touched D3 in months so it can't be that, and it seems weird that they paid it to me at 2:47 AM

And before anyone says anything - I'm always skeptical about this sort of thing. It doesn't seem normal and this sort of thing can come back to bite you in the ass.

Why are you posting this in a fan site and not Blizzard's?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure how the RLAH in D3 works, but maybe you tried selling something there and there was a problem with the payment that was just recently resolved.

I've never played D3, so I'm just speculating. I don't actually know how any of that works.

Quote Originally Posted by Saffa View Post
    Why are you posting this in a fan site and not Blizzard's?
    Posted on both, but later in the night im more likely to get responses from other people on here. People who might have also had a similar experience.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    I'm not sure how the RLAH in D3 works, but maybe you tried selling something there and there was a problem with the payment that was just recently resolved.

I've never played D3, so I'm just speculating. I don't actually know how any of that works.
    This is really the only possible reason I could think of for recieving a legitimate payment, but I find it hard to believe I would've sold $34 worth of items that I didn't get the payment for with out noticing.

10+ Year Old Account
    A mistake made by the bank in your favor.
    You receive 34 dollar.
    Go to Start.
    Go Directly to Start.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    You receive 34 dollar.
    Go to Start.
    Go Directly to Start.
    I'm just don't want to be held accountable for not reporting it as a possible mistake >.> Pretty sure thats illegal. I know it isn't much, but my conscience...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    I'm just don't want to be held accountable for not reporting it as a possible mistake >.> Pretty sure thats illegal. I know it isn't much, but my conscience...
    Just ask Blizz about it, they'll be happy to help you out

Buy companion pets with it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JimPaladin View Post
    I like this post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I think it's only the D3 group that may use PayPal for the RAH? Rest of Blizzard doesn't.

If you dislike the money, I'll gladly take it? ^^
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JimPaladin View Post
    I agree with this.

If it was a mistake on Blizzards end, would they get mad at you for trying to support them? It would be funny to see their reaction.

Deleted
    You have one legal option which is to contact Blizzard support and ask them (Standard procedure when you're unsure why you recieved a payment from a company). The outcome, however, could go three ways;

1: It was intentional, you keep the money and they tell you EXACTLY why you got them.
    2: It was a mistake, but they follow a kind policy and allow you to keep the money.
    3: It was a mistake and they ask you kindly to repay the money to an account they will specify for you. Failing to do this may result in legal disputes.

The third outcome is, however, the least likely as $34 is rarely something a major company will worry much about. Assuming, ofcourse, this is a small scale mishap and that you're the only one, or among a few, it happened to. Either way, do the right thing and contact them. Can only benefit you and honesty never hurt. Activision Blizzard is known to be really, really lenient when it comes to legal matters and general mishaps so if it was an accident, your honesty could likely just learn you $34. If it was intentional it'll also clarify exactly what you got the money for as they keep logs of transfers.

Have a good one!

- Kasperio

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    I agree with this.

If it was a mistake on Blizzards end, would they get mad at you for trying to support them? It would be funny to see their reaction.
    Yeaaa I don't play WoW anymore, so thats going to be pretty pointless. Maybe I'll spend it on Hearthstone when I get access to that.

10+ Year Old Account
    "You´re a swell fella, so we´re gonna pay YOU for playing our game!"

Deleted
    Don't do anything.

Don't let your bank account go down to below 34$ balance.

I'd say the chances are higher that it's intentional than not, but who knows.

You can of course try to ask Blizzard to trace the transfer by whatever reference-number is attached to it.

So got a ping notification on my phone, two e-mails from paypal both telling me that Blizzard has sent me money totalling out to just over $34.

I have NO IDEA what its from...? I haven't touched D3 in months so it can't be that, and it seems weird that they paid it to me at 2:47 AM

And before anyone says anything - I'm always skeptical about this sort of thing. It doesn't seem normal and this sort of thing can come back to bite you in the ass.
    Hi Alcsaar, if you'd like us to check this out for you in more detail, please take a moment to submit the ticket to us with the inquiry. Also, once that's submitted, you're welcome to send me the ticket ID# and I can also try to see where we're at with this. Cheers!

Deleted
    Hehe same happened to me. Got a "Blizzard Entertainment SAS sent you €41 EUR" email without any explaination.
    If you figure out what it is about let us know! :P

Posted on both, but later in the night im more likely to get responses from other people on here. People who might have also had a similar experience.

- - - Updated - - -

This is really the only possible reason I could think of for recieving a legitimate payment, but I find it hard to believe I would've sold $34 worth of items that I didn't get the payment for with out noticing.
    More likely someone else has your account now and sold your stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    You receive 34 dollar.
    Go to Start.
    Go Directly to Start.
    Do not pass Go. Do not collect $200.
    Normal is the name for the mental disorder present in the majority of humanity.
    Xinjun

Deleted
    Hm, Alcsaar, I have a high suspicion that you need to drop this ASAP if you have linked your paypal on more than one accounts in the past...
    Especially if you don't or... can't play one of accounts these any more... :P

I hope you get where I'm going with this. :P *wink*wink*