Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rackfu View Post
    I'm not being a smartass, but I think you misinterpreted my entire post.

Also, I don't think it is just my opinion that hunters are easier to play that many other classes. Just a quick comparison shows we have less to pay attention to (no DoT that has to be manually refreshed on expiration and no secondary resource are the main things) and absolutely no movement penalty greatly favors lower skilled players.

- - - Updated - - -

It is not that simple.

There are basically 4 things that determine how a particular player playing a certain class does on an encounter:

1) Personal Skill level (gamer ability, knowledge of fight, knowledge of class, etc..)
    2) Gear Level
    3) Difficulty of class (some classes require far more awareness than others)
    4) Theoretical Maximum that class can put out at a certain gear level during an encounter

So even if Blizzard can make every class equal on #4, the other 3 things all factor in.

Now, let's say you have two equally skilled players at the same gear level playing two different classes that Blizzard has managed to perfectly balance no matter what gear they are at...

They are still going to vary depending on whether one class is harder to play. And the only way around that is to 100% homogenize classes (which is a bad idea).
    Agree which is why they should stop taking away all the things that allows a good hunter to shine against a hunter of less ability. They constantly take away such things. I'm talking about things like having to weave in shots between autoshots, having to stop moving for a moment for auto shot to fire, having to aspect swap for movement, having to wave shots in between lock and load procs... They just continually strip things from the class and don't really replace them with anything else.

I'd be happy for a more complex rotation or whatever if it meant that max theoretical dps was also higher. An average hunter can do practically the same dps as a good hunter in a lot of situations.
    Last edited by Paulosio; 2013-08-27 at 01:39 AM.