Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I'm not ignoring it. On the contrary, it's that difference that makes them important. You're the one ignoring the fact that High Elves have had, and continue to have a much more influential role in the Alliance politically and militarily than Worgen, Draenei and Gnomes. Yet for some perverse reason we can't play them, even though we can see them in action more than we see those other races that we can play.
    Because they are individuals on the human organizations, not an established nation.

This is the mentality of probably 80% of the people that want high elves as a playable race.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Haytham; 2013-08-27 at 02:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    if Alliance got high elves, it would totally throw off the balance of hot races per faction. they would have one more hot race than us, and we simply cannot have that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because they have had, and continue to have an important role within the Alliance.

I'm not ignoring it. On the contrary, it's that difference that makes them important. You're the one ignoring the fact that High Elves have had, and continue to have a much more influential role in the Alliance politically and militarily than Worgen, Draenei and Gnomes. Yet for some perverse reason we can't play them, even though we can see them in action more than we see those other races that we can play.
    Oh this one I can rebut.

To counter that the High Elves play a greater role inside the Alliance than the Worgen, Draenei or Gnomes I give this piece of evidence.

http://youtu.be/Hp2eUemSyI8

This is from the meeting of the Leaders of the Alliance just prior to the Cataclysm striking. All the leaders of the major Alliance races are present. We've King Varian leading the discussion. King Magni Bronzebeard is there on behalf of the Dwarves. High Tinker Gelbin Mekkatorque is there on behalf of the Gnomes. Tyrande Whisperwind represents the Night Elves. Prophet Velen is there to represent the Draenei. Lady Jaina Proudmoore is there to voice the interests of Theramore and the High Elves, this major player in the Alliance, is represented by...well nobody because the High Elves aren't a major player in the Alliance. They weren't asked to send a representative as there was no unified organization with enough clout to be asked.

At this point Dalaran was officially neutral, so the Silver Covenant (THE de facto last stand of the High Elves) wasn't going to get involved in Alliance problems. Any High Elf still remaining in the Alliance at this point were probably the scattered exiles in the one or two lodges that remained, the survivors of the hundred to two hundred who went through the portal and the smattering who remained in Stormwind and Theramore.

Now if this meeting were to be held today I have no doubt Veressa would be there to represent Silver Covenent interests. Which are identical to Dalaran interests. Because even though they are the last real High Elf organization on Azeroth, the Silver Covenant are merely a sub-faction of the Human Kingdom of Dalaran and not an independant player in their own right.

As to seeing them in action more than the other races, well thats a matter of opinion. The reason you saw them in 5.1 and 5.2 was that the storyline involved Dalaran and the Blood Elves, and so using the High Elves within that story was logical. In other Warcraft media, such as the books, these 'neglected' races do get a lore more screen time so to speak.

However I do agree that they shouldn't have received the focus they did, considering they aren't a player race.

I would give Blizzard many years of Subs and countless amounts of $ in character changes if I could have the Belf models as an Alli character.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    I would give Blizzard many years of Subs and countless amounts of $ in character changes if I could have the Belf models as an Alli character.
    Basically this. Give me my damn Elves!
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    And the reason the Silver Covenant interests are identical is because they were sufficiently influential and able to ensure the Sunreavers were removed from Dalaran when the opportunity presented itself.

Even so, it wasn't just during 5.1 and 5.2; they were omnipresent for the entirety of Wrath of the Lich King.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Because they are individuals on the human organizations, not an established nation.
    For now... Alleria is comming and "Greenwood" still is a closed zone...

Quote Originally Posted by Haytham View Post
    This is the mentality of probably 80% of the people that want high elves as a playable race.
    I do not know if the percentage is so high, I sincerely hope not.

When we say we want the High Elves in the Alliance we do not say just by their appearance...

Quote Originally Posted by tornado shanks View Post
    if Alliance got high elves, it would totally throw off the balance of hot races per faction. they would have one more hot race than us, and we simply cannot have that.
    Blizzard is a very competent enterprise, sure they can do anything, I trust fully in Blizzard.

One thing is clear, the High Elves are one of the founding races of the Alliance and their importance does nothing but become apparent expansion after expansion.

The overwhelming majority of the Alliance wants the High Elves, is a popular clamor for years, but Blizzard has the last word ...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    For now... Alleria is comming and "Greenwood" still is a closed zone...
    Alleria is a Son of Lothar, a human organization.

"Greenwood" doesn't exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    And the reason the Silver Covenant interests are identical is because they were sufficiently influential and able to ensure the Sunreavers were removed from Dalaran when the opportunity presented itself.
    Uh, the purge was entirely on Jaina, the SC were just her tools to carry it out. The Silver Covenant's complete lack of political sway was a plot point in ToW.

Anyway, playable HEs are a crap idea (at least as anything more than a sub-race) and I look forward to it not happening for the like ninth year running.

Because they have had, and continue to have an important role within the Alliance.
    That is your reason? It changes absolutely nothing to be honest, they are essentially exactly like the pandaren, so I see no reason for them to get their unique models, it is utterly unnecessary.

- - - Updated - - -

Even so, it wasn't just during 5.1 and 5.2; they were omnipresent for the entirety of Wrath of the Lich King.
    The silver Covenant had no political sway in Dalaran, that became quite obvious in ToW Vereessa wanted the Sunreavers out of the city and the ruling council ignored her entirely.

10+ Year Old Account
    For now... Alleria is comming and "Greenwood" still is a closed zone......
    Oh look it's your Greenwood fantasy again with the prancing Unicorns and the brave, stalwart High Elves and the roleplaying guild on Moon Guard who are fascinated by it. But your link brought me to a page called 'Northern Lordaeron', not Greenwood where it turns out the only evidence for your extra super special AND secret High Elves is the Warcraft RPG. The same RPG declared as non-canon.

Northem, Greenwood is bullsh!t. If we have to bring this fanfiction of yours to a close, all the High Elves there just suddenly died one day, leaving the sad half finished hovel we can find there today if anyone bothers to swim in that direction.

I do not know if the percentage is so high, I sincerely hope not.

When we say we want the High Elves in the Alliance we do not say just by their appearance...
    Yes we know you are in the 'Give the High Elves a separate model brigade'. After all the current Blood Elves are, how did you put it again, so 'gay and lasvicious' they offend you. You want your super manly super elves and by god Blizzard better comply. After all, when you get your elf out on his unicorn, you don't want other players thinking you're 'that way' now do you?

Blizzard is a very competent enterprise, sure they can do anything, I trust fully in Blizzard.

One thing is clear, the High Elves are one of the founding races of the Alliance and their importance does nothing but become apparent expansion after expansion.

The overwhelming majority of the Alliance wants the High Elves, is a popular clamor for years, but Blizzard has the last word ...
    Italy was one of the founding nations in the central powers before the First World War alongside Germany and Austria-Hungary. Didn't stop them changing sides though. See thats the wonderful thing about stories. Things aren't static, they change. Like how the Elf race changed from Blue to Red except for a few stragglers.

I trust Blizzard also. I trust them to have better writers and ideas than those found in your atrocious self-publicising fan-fiction. Or would you care to regale us once again how Queen Mary Sue Calia is going to save Lordaeron and have Varian's babies (Queen, warrior, mother, lover. Is there anything she can't do?)
    Last edited by Obelisk Kai; 2013-08-27 at 03:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    That is your reason? It changes absolutely nothing to be honest, they are essentially exactly like the pandaren, so I see no reason for them to get their unique models, it is utterly unnecessary.

The silver Covenant had no political sway in Dalaran, that became quite obvious in ToW Vereessa wanted the Sunreavers out of the city and the ruling council ignored her entirely.
    Then 'Oh wait, they were right. Let's purge'. Without the Sunreavers there, it's pretty obvious they have much more influence now as they lead the charge on to the Isle of Thunder.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rumaya2000 View Post
    Italy was one of the founding nations in the central powers before the First World War alongside Germany and Austria-Hungary. Didn't stop them changing sides though. See thats the wonderful thing about stories. Things aren't static, they change. Like how the Elf race changed from Blue to Red except for a few stragglers.
    The thing is he is even wrong about the High Elves being a founding race. No, they joined the Alliance after the Amani attack.

High Elves would have been great for the Alliance, if there were no Night Elves and Blood Elves. Basically, three playable Elven races is too much, two that would look almost identical is too much, and two in the same faction is too much. If Night Elves had been unplayable or part of some third faction, maybe; if BE were unplayable, maybe, but with the current set pf races the High Elves do not fit anywhere except for as a minor NPC faction loyal to the Alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Furbolger View Post
    High Elves would have been great for the Alliance, if there were no Night Elves and Blood Elves. Basically, three playable Elven races is too much, two that would look almost identical is too much, and two in the same faction is too much. If Night Elves had been unplayable or part of some third faction, maybe; if BE were unplayable, maybe, but with the current set pf races the High Elves do not fit anywhere except for as a minor NPC faction loyal to the Alliance.
    "Too much" is an opinion.

In reality, nothing forces you to roll a High Elf or even acknowledge their existence beyond your own scruples.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    "Too much" is an opinion.

In reality, nothing forces you to roll a High Elf or even acknowledge their existence beyond your own scruples.
    it's a reasonable opinion though, redudancy is quantitative.

OOOOH. I know!!

for competing the last tier of an expac prior to it being nerfed into the gound for the casual populace you are awarded the ability to level a heroic class toon.

For alliance it is a high elf.
    For horde it is an ogre.

While playing on this class your account will be like a trial account. You cannot trade with people or purchase anything. You will have to level it based solely upon your effort. And it will only gain experience towards leveling from killing raid bosses once you reach level 60.

HERO class. pft.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Then 'Oh wait, they were right. Let's purge'. Without the Sunreavers there, it's pretty obvious they have much more influence now as they lead the charge on to the Isle of Thunder.
    It is a coalition mustered by Jaina, not the Silver covenant, they might have more volunteers, yeah they have more political influence now obviously, still their influence has clear limits, you can see that quite well during the confrontation at the bloodied crossing Vereesa gets reigned in once more. The Silver Covenant is nothing more than a part of the Kirin Tor forces, not independent, or self sustaining. They have no member on the council as such they can't really influence the important decisions.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2013-08-27 at 04:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    Ew no :P
    I d much rather be set with some evil draenei or something XD
    Oh that's not a bad idea, Eredar who betray the Legion and join the Horde. As long as they make the males look better than current male Draenei.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.