High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Question Potential Return to Wow - Last Played through Cata

Hello all,

It's been since before the end of Cataclysm that I've spent any time in Azeroth (started with Vanilla, raided hard through TBC/Wrath, tapered off 3/4 through Cata). I have, however, kept up-to-date with in game changes, the launch of Mists, etc. Main reason I stopped was lack of time to dedicate to endgame raiding---simply cannot keep up the 3-4 hour nightly grind with odd work schedule/steady girlfriend/"real world" responsibilities.

Big question is, at this point with the huge changes coming with 5.4, will the time commitment required to level from 85-90 be so great for an admittedly casual player, obtaining solid enough gear in slogging through quests/ heroic dungeons, etc, be so great that I'd not have a chance to experience SoO while it's still the big thing to do? I doubt I'll be able to find groups for the older raids once it drops, so that's not even a HUGE concern. Not looking for achievements, or even a hardcore endgame experience, just the chance to experience what looks to be a super fun raid, and it's what is making me reconsider activating my long-dormant account.

tldr - time sink required to catch up, while still enjoying storyline aspects of Mists, too great to actually get in on SoO?

Thanks!

Deleted
    All in all, we can't tell you, different people feel different things

Take the 10 day free trial and take a taste for yourself

If you like it and like the pace, re-sub and enjoy

If you don't, then you dont

And don't worry SoO is gonna be around for quuuuite a while

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Follow up question then, if you don't mind!

Any personal experience with updated LFR system? Thoughts? I can't see myself jumping in with any guilds right away, but in keeping up with the development of Flex Raiding I'm thinking that may be the best path for somebody in my position.