Poll: Are racial abilities in need of homogenization or complete removal? » Pos

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Personally, I think that there are some racials that just need to be removed (EMFH, Berserking, Expansive Mind, Time is Money, WotF, Epicurean etc.), but there are also these sort of fun, gimmicky racials, that don't really affect the performance of your character, and are just a convenience (Best Deals Anywhere, Better Living Through Chemistry, Hobgoblin, Rocket Jump, Diplomacy, Gemcutting, Flayer, Explorer, Shadowmeld, etc.) that don't impact how you do in PvP or PvE as much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

Deleted
    Ghostcrawler said he does not like racials, thus it is likely they will be removed.

Every man for himself is not even that OP, it shares CD with trinket. And serious pvp player will get cc trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post
    Every man for himself is not even that OP, it shares CD with trinket. And serious pvp player will get cc trinket.
    What? EMFH IS a built in trinket. There's no need for a human to use PVP medallions, they can take two dps trinkets.

Racials are unfair and bullshit. They need to be equalized in some way, be it removing them entirely, making them into non-combat stuff or letting people pick racials.

What's that? You're Alliance and what to play a pve hunter that's not a panda? GET FUCKED! You'll never do as much dps as an equivalently geared/skilled troll or orc.

What's that? You're Horde and want to pvp as a non-druid/shaman? GET FUCKED! You'll never be as good as a human.

What's that? You're anything and want to do pve and pvp? GET FUCKED HARDER! You have to choose what to be good at, bitch!

I hate racials so much; at least, in their current state. Homogenization isn't always a bad thing. This is one of those cases where a stupid, archaic mechanic needs to get the shit homogenized out of it.

Voted outright removal as it's the closest to what I want.

I want all Combat-related racials to be removed with Every Man for Himself being made baseline spell like in SW:ToR. I'm fine with flavour racials like +skill in professions or skinning, herbing or surveying faster. They have no effect on combat, so they're fine. They don't unbalance the game by existing and they don't cause another headache every new season when forums explode with "OMG HUMANS ARE OP WITH NEW PVE TRINKETS" or "WOTF IS OP BECAUSE TWO TRINKETS". Continue to add more flavour racials, could easily turn spells like Gift of the Naaru or Blood Fury to a purely cosmetic animation.

Quote Originally Posted by Edx View Post
    Everyone getting everything is what's ruining this game, so no.
    Yes, this has ruined the game in the last 5 years. People constantly asking for removal of this and that and simplification, homogenization, convenience. We ended up with a big pile of dung that doesn't resemble Warcraft anymore.

The Old Republic has purely cosmetic racials and that is one of the reasons why it feels like all the races are just different colored humans.

Of course, the other reason is that they are just different colored humans, but still. Varying game abilities would've gone a long way toward combating that.