Page 49 of 61 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    What other games? WoW will just assimilate them like Pokémon, FarmVille, Super Hexagon, Punch-Out!, and Magic: the Gathering.

World of Warcralf-Life 3 CONFIRMED!

XD
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    /snip/Part of the reason for the decline in subscriber numbers is that the game can only change in evolutionary ways, not revolutionary ways.
    What a fucking lame copout.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    Wow, that sounds alot further back than I had thought it would be.
    Yep and postpones my return sadly.

Shame really, love the games lore and such but the character models drive me insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    What a fucking lame copout.
    I agree, the game is in sore need of innovation in order to remain competitive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thegempolice View Post
    When did they start working on new models, as in, put a team on it? If they've been focussed on it for a year already and only 25% done, OK it's terribly disappointing.

If they've just been doing design sketches and concept art and only started the nuts and bolts recently then it could be ready for the next expansion.
    As much as i hate it I have to agree here, we just don't know when they started the development of the new models, for all we know they just started with the alpha modeling when patch 5.4 was being made.

If i remember correctly, they had said there were almost done with Dwarven models a long time ago, did they mean they were "starting" dwarves and it would be easy to finish? If 25% is the best they can do after all this time (I'm pretty sure they had announced that back in Blizzcon before MoP). then that is rather sad, even for a side project.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

10+ Year Old Account
    25% sounds like a wonderful number for what is largely a side project right now. I bet it ramps up from here on out once 5.4 drops and everything. They are tearing down the old models and rebuilding them which will take time. And they said they may release them in bunches rather than all at once. If they're 25% done done as in they got a quarter of the races finished, then there's a release ready for you already.

10+ Year Old Account
    it sounds like it is going from scratch

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    25% sounds like a wonderful number for what is largely a side project right now. I bet it ramps up from here on out once 5.4 drops and everything. They are tearing down the old models and rebuilding them which will take time. And they said they may release them in bunches rather than all at once. If they're 25% done done as in they got a quarter of the races finished, then there's a release ready for you already.
    Were you able to keep a straight face as you typed this?

The blind allegiance and apologist mindset shown by some members towards Blizzard is frightening to say the least...
    "Come, Stormrage, and I will show you what happens to those that betray the lord of the Legion!" — Mannoroth.

Deleted
    lol, this thread is exactly why Blizzard never tells us anything. I bet they're kicking themselves for actually answering that interview question now. Should have just stayed quiet.

50 pages of massive derp and yet none of you actually know how the Blizzard 3d asset team is structured or how many people they have working on this and what kind of priorities they have. Just throwing the blanket "multi-billion company" out there seems to be good enough reason to start foaming at mouth.

I bet we're going to get a lot of meaningful status updates in the future...

Quote Originally Posted by GoldNSilence View Post
    It sounds like a load of bull. They probably haven't even worked on them at all.
    Yeah. This. The comments were so flippant and nonchalant: "Uhhhh, maybe like 20ish? What do you think?"

"Yeah 20ish, 25 even. Yeah. Yeah 25, 20 *mutters under breath* not at all... *cough!* What?? Oh yeah, definitely like 25% approximately, roughly, sort of... Um, next question?" *shifts uncomfortably in seat*

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    25% sounds like a wonderful number for what is largely a side project right now.
    Not really a year and a half for 2 out of 8....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    Not really a year and a half for 2 out of 8....
    2 out of 8? They are doing 10 races, all the vanilla ones plus Blood Elf and Draenei. Male + female on that is 20 models.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Donair View Post
    Yeah. This. The comments were so flippant and nonchalant: "Uhhhh, maybe like 20ish? What do you think?"

"Yeah 20ish, 25 even. Yeah. Yeah 25, 20 *mutters under breath* not at all... *cough!* What?? Oh yeah, definitely like 25% approximately, roughly, sort of... Um, next question?" *shifts uncomfortably in seat*
    Or TC simply doesn't know. He fairly high up the chain of command, can't expect him to keep track on minor details.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ineluki View Post
    This is what they told us when MoP's trademark was discovered prematurely:

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Chilton

http://wow.joystiq.com/2011/08/31/to...dly-overhyped/

Thanks to the D4NNYBOY posting this in the Dark Below trademarked in EU thread it makes me think that maybe they are just full of shit to keep the "surprise" under wraps. They obviously have no problem doing everything short of blatantly lying to lead people off course, so maybe 25% isnt where they actually are..
    Yeah, this quote just gets wheeled out every time Blizz say something the poster doesn't want to hear (and conveniently forgotten/ignored when they say something they do).

10+ Year Old Account
    If they're only updating 10 races (not goblin, worgen and pandaren), 25% done means they've only done 2 races and one of the races's male or female character model including new skeleton, skin texture and hairstyles.

I just hope that if it's not going to be included in next xpac's launch, they'll at least do it before xpac 6.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kobomino View Post
    I just hope that if it's not going to be included in next xpac's launch, they'll at least do it before xpac 6.
    it'd have to be a big feature for the next expansion, given everyone wants it.
    Hi

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Divine Path View Post
    Were you able to keep a straight face as you typed this?

The blind allegiance and apologist mindset shown by some members towards Blizzard is frightening to say the least...
    What's funny is how upset you get at someone who obviously enjoys the game. Character models are cool but the outrage over the delay is hysterical.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    it'd have to be a big feature for the next expansion, given everyone wants it.

Is that you in your Avatar? You look like Edbassmaster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    What's funny is how upset you get at someone who obviously enjoys the game. Character models are cool but the outrage over the delay is hysterical.
    Why would I get upset at somebody for enjoying the game? I enjoy the game, which is why I am still subscribed. It's possible to enjoy something yet still find aspects of it that can be improved upon.
    "Come, Stormrage, and I will show you what happens to those that betray the lord of the Legion!" — Mannoroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Path View Post
    Why would I get upset at somebody for enjoying the game? I enjoy the game, which is why I am still subscribed. It's possible to enjoy something yet still find aspects of it that can be improved upon.
    Blasphemy! The world is black and white!