Deleted

Stone guard heroic solo

After seeing the monk solo stone guard heroic I remembered trying this as prot pala about a month ago, but couldnt meet enrage so i had to take a rogue with me for more deeps... Easily doable though with vengance being so OP I have a video of us 2 manning it and will definitely be going back to yolo it :P

any other prot Palas tried it?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt you'll make the enrage - why not just embrace it and outheal it?

Quote Originally Posted by Khiyone View Post
    I doubt you'll make the enrage - why not just embrace it and outheal it?
    I don't think you are outhealing Stone Guard's berserk...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    I don't think you are outhealing Stone Guard's berserk...
    On normal mode, at least, the enrage can be tanked through for 40s+, I imaging on heroic you'll squish though -- if I recall correctly they hit a fair bit harder on heroic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Choice View Post
    Next tier on the back end I guess we'll probably have enough DPS running a build with some crit.
    While you'll gain a lot of stats passively via +30 ilvl you'll lose on the vengeance side from the nerfs* coming along 5.4 - actually i'd expect multi target fights to become even harder to beat if you already struggeled with the enrage, especially for a class/specc like a prot paladin which doesn't gain to much from ie a new weapon compared to druid/monk/dk.

1) 1.5% instead 1.8% of the unmitigated damage translated into additional attackpower
    2) no vengeance from standing in (persistent) aoe effects
    3) DR while fighting multiple mobs, progressively less attackpower

Deleted
    The DR won't matter that much, as most of the Veng came from "Rend Flesh", the bleed they put on you. And that doesn't stacks. But in 5.4 the new GC + legendary proc would be golden on solo-tanking them.

18% left for me and enraged :? Could have probably done better, but its not very possible to do it atm as a prot pala.. maybe if you just way to lucky with crits and feather procs line up with cds and execute sentence. Survived about ~10-15s at enrage (bubble included)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Safyra View Post
    18% left for me and enraged :? Could have probably done better, but its not very possible to do it atm as a prot pala.. maybe if you just way to lucky with crits and feather procs line up with cds and execute sentence. Survived about ~10-15s at enrage (bubble included)
    Won't LH be more dps than EH if you're hitting all 3?

How do you manage to kill the Enormous Stone Quilen trash solo? With 7.3M health and about 45 seconds before you get petrified it doesn't seem doable with only 40-50k vengeance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tuesday the paladin View Post
    How do you manage to kill the Enormous Stone Quilen trash solo? With 7.3M health and about 45 seconds before you get petrified it doesn't seem doable with only 40-50k vengeance.
    Most likely have to tank all the trash except that single enormous stone quilen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=102351 Will make all the things possible come 5.4

Deleted
    I saw the video, was quite impressive. Especially when he outanked the enrage...
    Tried stone guard heroic myself once als prot-pala. But I can't see any chance to meet the enrage-timer in 5.3-gear. And I can't imagine to survive the enrage longer than 4-5 sec outside of bubble!
    Hell, I even have problems killing stone guard normal before the enrage, when there is no amethyst around for extra vengeance via standing in the pools^^

Quote Originally Posted by tuesday the paladin View Post
    I just respec to retri for these 2 guys, blowing all cd's and killing them in about 30 sec. Then go back to prot for the rest of the trash and the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Brael View Post
    (wont let me post link) Will make all the things possible come 5.4
    Nice!!!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Happypaly View Post
    After seeing the monk solo stone guard heroic I remembered trying this as prot pala about a month ago, but couldnt meet enrage so i had to take a rogue with me for more deeps... Easily doable though with vengance being so OP I have a video of us 2 manning it and will definitely be going back to yolo it :P

I got in there for the first time to solo last week and planned on attempting it this week, but I doubt I'll get around to it... QQ

Quote Originally Posted by Animma View Post
    Won't LH be more dps than EH if you're hitting all 3?
    LH its very dependant TBH there.. most cases you are moving with tiles. So i do believe that throwing LH only when you done with the tiles (not using on cd) its just a huge loss.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Happypaly View Post

Was bored 2 or 3 months ago, tried it one night and got them to ~8%. Could last ~30 seconds through beserk. Pretty easily doable tbh, just gotta think it through and min-max like hell.

I'd kill them before 5.4 hits if you really want to solo it. You won't be killing them once 5.4 hits.
    Last edited by mmocd3985e150a; 2013-09-08 at 09:09 AM.

Deleted
    Wow, gz Choice! Can't wait for the video.

Deleted
    Interesting posts, I'm sure it's fairly easily doable with a little patients on the topic of soloing has anyone tried abusing the prot paladin 4 set for t15? I managed to survive the entire of P2 on ra-den without any healers alive doing this xD

Nice one Choice! was ur ilvl what it shows on armory? kinda wanna try this now when i see this vid, but dunno if my gear is good enough (just around 540mark).

what i thought :P. god i love those soloing movies! cheers anyhow! ^^

Just got Heroic Stoneguard down myself right now. Uploading it to youtube atm.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/51u8cykc8toss8xp/ there working logs of the kill lol only took 13 trys not bad
    Until video is up...there is that
    Last edited by Jellospally; 2013-09-10 at 05:41 AM.