Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Ettan View Post
    Most people just don't care.
    Why try to win a battleground? There is zero point in trying to do so.
    People queue random bgs to have fun and dominate others.
    Because winning is fun??

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I go into random BGs with a couple of mates to stomp noobs. That sometimes is helpful on certain BGs and sometimes is not. I don't care if you want to win, I don't need anything there. I'm just going along to smash random Horde for a laugh and you should be grateful for my presence.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoGhost View Post
    i pay my 15$ a month do what i want!!! do you like being told what to do?
    I really don't know the best BG strategies. When I join a BG and someone posts a strat, I tend to just do whatever they said. It's not being told what to do - it's taking advice.

It seems from what normally happens in randoms its either the solo players that are practicing and warming up for the day, bots, trolls that are bored and have nothing to do or the vet player gearing an alt. you are always gonna have the bad apples but 70% seems to be a extreme number lol.. regardless, you wanna try a strat bring in a team of your own, or try it in an OQ premade.

I've noticed over the last year or so a steady increase in the number of aggressively nasty people playing and specifically in PvP.

Just recently I took a break of several months and came back.

In my first week back I had no fewer than 4 opposing faction players log horde site to give me abuse after a bg. 1 horde side player took exception to my "rogue like" tactics (ie stealthing around looking for an opening or a ninjacap) and yelled abuse at me all the way through an AB and even tried to encourage horde players to report me AFK for being in stealth.

Then this morning at the start of a Twin Peaks bg, a priest from some Portuguese realm starts picking on players gear levels with "WTF R U DOING HERE WITH THAT SH*T GEAR GO AV".....then proceeded to whine and abuse people all the way through the bg and at one point deliberately gave the flag back to the Alliance.

It seems some people forget that we're playing a GAME.

Quote Originally Posted by redderz1 View Post
    I've noticed over the last year or so a steady increase in the number of aggressively nasty people playing and specifically in PvP.

Just recently I took a break of several months and came back.

In my first week back I had no fewer than 4 opposing faction players log horde site to give me abuse after a bg. 1 horde side player took exception to my "rogue like" tactics (ie stealthing around looking for an opening or a ninjacap) and yelled abuse at me all the way through an AB and even tried to encourage horde players to report me AFK for being in stealth.

Then this morning at the start of a Twin Peaks bg, a priest from some Portuguese realm starts picking on players gear levels with "WTF R U DOING HERE WITH THAT SH*T GEAR GO AV".....then proceeded to whine and abuse people all the way through the bg and at one point deliberately gave the flag back to the Alliance.

It seems some people forget that we're playing a GAME.
    It's sad and unfortunate. I think there are a lot of people who just enjoy the fact that they can be douchebags to people without any sort of repercussion. Of course then there's someone like myself that would enjoy nothing more than to run into those people irl and say hello.

While cross-server BG queing really helped que times, it pretty much trashed random BGs (much the way LFD trashed 5-mans).

In the olden days, if you were a jerkwad, it would get around the server and you'd soon find yourself ostracized. There were always jerkwads of course, but they carried around that rep as a jerkwad so people treated them accordingly. Also, the people who didn't want to be perceived as jerkwads had a big dis-incentive to rage and be jerkwads themselves.

Remove all that, and pretty much most of the players in random BGs either run around aimlessly, or are jerkwads.

Yes ques are faster, but is the experience better? To me it's the difference of eating at McDonalds and eating at a Gordon Ramsey restaurant. Frankly, I'd rather wait.

OT - Listen OP, random BGs are a lost cause. If you think most of the people are there to win and relate to them as such, you're going to be sorely disappointed. Reset your expectations.