Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Will you be getting T16 set bonus?

Will you be getting the Tier 16 normal tier set? We've opted to give it to other classes since T15 shadowblades is quite good.

Are you guys doing the same in your guilds?
    Last edited by Jaxxsonp; 2013-08-21 at 05:58 AM.

Depends. If Combat becomes better than Sin, then no. If Sin stays strongest, I'll probably pick it up, but I'd have to take a look at some of the math a bit more. As far as I can tell, it will probably be best thanks to reforging at least until you get warforged gear in enough places that you lose your set bonus.

The numbers I've seen put t16 2pc above t15 4pc. The t16 4pc is pretty bad though. (Assassination; I don't think Combat has a chance)

Passing all normal tokens on week1, gonna try to get 2pct16 on week 2, if I'll get at least 1 heroic token.
    Bloated ilvl (+upgrade) is worth giving up set bonuses (+31 ilvl for heroic tokens, + 16 ilvl for normal) plus there's perfect stats (and gem slots) on helm, chest and gloves.

Does the 2P change the weight of critical strike ?
    With the haste RPPM nerf, will it be better than haste ?

Talking about assassination.

idk t16 bonuses seem medicore at best not very excited about getting t16
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

-kaluna

Its pretty safe to say the value of crit will increase with the 2 set but the size of the increase is questionable, plus with the meta gem + cape proc continuing to scale with haste if im not mistaken then the values will probably stay at mastery>haste>crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Koji2k11 View Post
    idk t16 bonuses seem medicore at best not very excited about getting t16
    They're most probably our best set bonuses of this expansion as far as Assassination is concerned.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

Quote Originally Posted by Fluorescent0 View Post
    They're most probably our best set bonuses of this expansion as far as Assassination is concerned.
    best doesn't mean they are cool at least we didnt get anything like TotT increases reduces x amout of y

best doesn't mean they are cool at least we didnt get anything like TotT increases reduces x amout of y
    Mediocre though has nothing to do with mechanics and everything to do with performance as far as wording is concerned, and that's not the case.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

Playing around with the PTR ShC, my stat weights were crit > haste > mastery in H SoO gear (though all within .2EP). It doesn't look like this happens until well into SoO gear. At certain points, gemming pure crit was optimal. I don't know how accurate PTR ShC is yet, but that would actually be really nice. High crit + 2pc speeds your rotation up quite a bit. Plus, seeing crits is fun.

Either way, the 2pc seems so far and away better than all our other bonuses that getting it ASAP is a good idea. The 4pc is not looking very good; BiS may be just 2pc and HWF in other slots.

I need to look at my BiS list again and not just pick everything that's haste+mastery. sssssiiiiiigggghhhhh
    Last edited by Squirl; 2013-08-21 at 07:03 PM.

Also doesn't mean they're even good.

The T16 2P artificially boosts the value of Crit, but Haste will be more valuable because:
    1. More abilities means more abilities that might Crit.
    2. Haste would provide more reliable damage (Crit comes with too much RNG).
    3. The T16 4P boosts the value of Haste significantly, and when we have that setpiece AND Assurance of Consequence...

And yes, I'll be getting the T16 set bonuses. Did you see the stat balancing on our Tier? 3 pieces are Haste/Mastery, with all Red gem sockets! You have no reason to NOT take the tier pieces, especially if you look at the rest of the off-piece gear.
    Carp - Illidan-US
    I wish I wish I was a fish.
    My rogue

Yes, some1 was wrong:
    i bet the next tier 2 or 4pc bonus will be something with tricks like every end tier expansion sets

Quote Originally Posted by Carp The Fish View Post
    The T16 2P artificially boosts the value of Crit, but Haste will be more valuable because:
    1. More abilities means more abilities that might Crit.
    2. Haste would provide more reliable damage (Crit comes with too much RNG).
    3. The T16 4P boosts the value of Haste significantly, and when we have that setpiece AND Assurance of Consequence...

And yes, I'll be getting the T16 set bonuses. Did you see the stat balancing on our Tier? 3 pieces are Haste/Mastery, with all Red gem sockets! You have no reason to NOT take the tier pieces, especially if you look at the rest of the off-piece gear.
    1. More crit rating also gives more crits. This is why our stats scale together.
    2. Crit doesn't really introduce a lot more RNG after a few minutes. There will be extreme cases either way, but it's a fairly stable stat for rogues.
    3. The 4pc is pretty bad either way. Even with Assurance, ShC is giving me ~1k EP while the 2pc is worth 2k+ and all the way up to 3k at full HWF. Also, it doesn't look like Assurance will even be BiS.

Haste+mastery might actually be suboptimal itemization, which is why I suggested BiS might be sans 4pc (also, WF ilvls will easily make up the 4pc EP).

Again, this is based on PTR ShC. I don't know how accurate it is yet, but if someone who works on ShC could chime in (someone here does, right? I think someone here does...) about how much we can take away from it, that would be nice.
    Last edited by Squirl; 2013-08-21 at 07:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    [list=1]Again, this is based on PTR ShC. I don't know how accurate it is yet, but if someone who works on ShC could chime in (someone here does, right? I think someone here does...) about how much we can take away from it, that would be nice.
    The guy who updated it this time posted on EJ. Perhaps send him a PM and let us know what he says?

I feel like an idiot posting this question, but how do I get to the ptr version? I can't find it anywhere.

I also haven't been able to find if there is an option to disable set bonuses.

EDIT

Nevermind about switching to the PTR version, I found it. But I still don't know if there is an option to disable set bonuses.

I managed to get Combat to about 43k and Assassination to about 35k.

Only concern about Combat is that you won't be able to actually hit that 43k, because it uses the t15 4set and is propped up by that and the CDR trinket. It's almost impossible to max out efficiently during Shadow Blades.

I was able to get about 489k out of a combat build, but here is the most telling aspect about the combat build.

The dps breakdown on the advanced tab looks like this:
    Code:
    Sinister Strike        87290.2
    Main Gauche            74847.4
    Eviscerate             66601.2
    Shadow Blades          55198.8
    Killing Spree          46770.4
    Autoattack             37497.9
    Deadly Instant Poison  34818.6
    Multistrike            21643.6
    Lightning Strike Meta  19257.5
    Deadly Poison          15690.4
    Fury Of Xuen           12388.6
    Rupture                 8555.3
    Stormlash               6231.7
    Revealing Strike        3190.2

Note how far down the list autoattacks are--simply because of cd uptime.
    Last edited by shadowboy; 2013-08-21 at 09:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowboy View Post
    I was able to get about 489k out of a combat build, but here is the most telling aspect about the combat build.

The dps breakdown on the advanced tab looks like this:
    Code:
    Sinister Strike        87290.2
    Main Gauche            74847.4
    Eviscerate             66601.2
    Shadow Blades          55198.8
    Killing Spree          46770.4
    Autoattack             37497.9
    Deadly Instant Poison  34818.6
    Multistrike            21643.6
    Lightning Strike Meta  19257.5
    Deadly Poison          15690.4
    Fury Of Xuen           12388.6
    Rupture                 8555.3
    Stormlash               6231.7
    Revealing Strike        3190.2

Note how far down the list autoattacks are--simply because of cd uptime.
    i smell nerfs comming for combat :P