Poll: Which Expansion would you prefer?

Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Naga Themed Expansion vs. Burning Legion Themed Expansion

At this point, its all speculation, but heres how I see both of these possible expansions shaping up to be:

Naga Themed:

2 New Races -

Naga: A splinter group of Naga formerly under the control of queen Azshara breaks off and becomes loyal to the Alliance. They were formerly night elfs and now have to prove their loyalty and gain regain trust with the night elfs and the alliance. Could be a shakey alliance out of convenience too (sort of like goblins)

Ogres: The ogre tribes band together and oust a group of ogres they see as inferior to their clan. This ogre mound now ousted by their own kind turn to the horde to take them in. With Vol'jin now the new leader of the horde, the ogres are welcomed in and become an asset to the now shattered horde.

1 New Class (Maybe):

Tinker - Look to all the discussion surrounding the tinker and possible abilities.

Environments:

South seas, and oceanic. Would be hard to pull off as there are already so many beach environments in the game, but they could probably fathom up something out of thin air like they normally do and pass it off as content.

Big Bad Baddie Boss:

Either Queen Azshara, or the Avatar of Sargeras. One of the zones that could be in the game could be the tomb of sargeras as a raid zone?

Legion Themed:

2 New Races-

Etherals: Convinced that the burning legion now poses a much more imposing threat to their money cartel existence, a faction of Etherals form a union with the Alliance out of convenience. They other etherals remain neutral NPCs and are spread out around various locations in the Legion's home world.

Ogres: Read the same as above. The splinter faction of the ogres want to now prove their worth to the horde and show they are the dominant mound by entering the home world of the burning legion to help fight the true threat...

1 New Class-

Demon Hunter, OR Tinker: Both have potential for a burning legion themed expansion. Demon Hunter would be harder to pull off imo, but it could be done.

Environments:

Homeworld of the burning legion with all the various new goodies (art assets).

Big Bad Baddie Boss:

Sargeras himself.

Which expansion do you think will happen?

At this moment, I really don't know what could be next. Wrathion's quote implies we have some time before the Burning Legion comes back.

What I HOPE what's next is Azshara expansion.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Deleted
    Well i'm hoping for a burning legion expansion personally, but not the way you've described it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    At this moment, I really don't know what could be next. Wrathion's quote implies we have some time before the Burning Legion comes back.

What I HOPE what's next is Azshara expansion.
    Why do you want an Azshara expansion over a Burning Legion expansion? Just curious as to why.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Why do you want an Azshara expansion over a Burning Legion expansion? Just curious as to why.
    I've been a huge fan of the Naga since WC3. Their talk, buildings, everything about them were just so interesting to me. I guess that's partly why I loved the underwater zone, compared to everyone else disliking it (mostly everyone else).
    Also I'm a lore jockey. Everything about Azshara just excites me.

I'm torn. Mostly, I want naga.

I'm more interested in the Naga because I still have a soft spot for them and their assets since WC3. I'm more interested in Azshara's story because it's more connected to the main race that I play. Also, I'd rather see more of Azeroth than a totally new Outland-style world that has no real impact on the face of Azeroth.

On the other hand, I loathe underwater zones, and an Azshara-based expansion would be likely to have a few.

Both the Legion and the Naga are enemies we've fought before, and both have stories that have been built up since the War of the Ancients with prominent historical figures and events involved.

Really, the only reason I'd want Legion over Azshara is because there probably wouldn't be much underwater questing.

Deleted
    I'm personally wanting a Burning Legion expansion, just because of the Epicness of taking the fight to them in an Army of Light with dragons and shit.

But, I wouldn't mind a Naga/N'zoth expansion either. Although I Do not want playable Naga.

Infact next expansion I want no new classes or races.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been a huge fan of the Naga since WC3. Their talk, buildings, everything about them were just so interesting to me. I guess that's partly why I loved the underwater zone, compared to everyone else disliking it (mostly everyone else).
    Also I'm a lore jockey. Everything about Azshara just excites me.
    I like your reasons, I too also love the naga very much and would love to see them as playable classes someday. I just fear if they do a naga expansion that it will feel too much like pandaria. A burning legion expansion would shift the mood and direction into a darker place.

IF the dark below is somehow real, it will most likely be naga based because the big octopus that takes the last boss in the throne of tides has the title of the "fiend of the dark below"

IF the dark below is somehow real, it will most likely be naga based because the big octopus that takes the last boss in the throne of tides has the title of the "fiend of the dark below"
    Oh trust me, I've been telling everyone that since the trademark. But some people still thinks the non-cannon lore of the "dark below" (demon place) is still relevant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harmonious View Post
    I'm personally wanting a Burning Legion expansion, just because of the Epicness of taking the fight to them in an Army of Light with dragons and shit.

But, I wouldn't mind a Naga/N'zoth expansion either. Although I Do not want playable Naga.

Infact next expansion I want no new classes or races.
    Its almost guaranteed to have either a new race or class. Thats been the trend with every expansion so far. And an Azshara themed expansion is almost guaranteed to have naga as a playable race.

While I do firmly believe that the "Dark Below" is referring to a certain area under the ocean, I would not go so far as to say that it will be "Naga themed" I think Nagas will have their part to play but there is going to be a lot of other interesting lore points going on.
    Normal is the name for the mental disorder present in the majority of humanity.
    Xinjun

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh trust me, I've been telling everyone that since the trademark. But some people still thinks the non-cannon lore of the "dark below" (demon place) is still relevant.
    I just dont see how people dont get the connection. Big octopus that poses a threat now goes missing after taking the water elemental god, with a title of the fiend of the dark below. Pretty obvious that it would be linked to an underwater / naga themed expansion.

I still think its a hoax, but they could just have done all that trademark crap to throw people off and it really will be.. who knows?

Deleted
    Okay, to sum it up, you want ogres, tinkers and to fight Sargeras. I'd think the Naga x-pack would be more about Old Gods

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xinjun View Post
    While I do firmly believe that the "Dark Below" is referring to a certain area under the ocean, I would not go so far as to say that it will be "Naga themed" I think Nagas will have their part to play but there is going to be a lot of other interesting lore points going on.
    Well yeah.

Of course there will be. They cant make a full blown expansion just by focusing on the naga storyline. Im sure other forces will be at work if this actually is an expansion.

Deleted
    Nagas: Can't wear boots or pants, can't mount. I just can't understand why people are still speculating about this.
    No more underwater zones please.

Azshara expansion, was my dream expansion before MoP came out. Would be awesome if they actually went on and made it.

Naga theme.

If we go and kill Sargeras himself then what will happen with all the other enemies we have? I just want us to deal with everything on Azeroth first before we go chasing Sargeras.

Quote Originally Posted by GuniorBinda View Post
    Nagas: Can't wear boots or pants, can't mount. I just can't understand why people are still speculating about this.
    Many playable races don't wear boots. They can easily wear pants, just have it wrap around their lower body. And can't mount? What gives you that impression? Their tail can simply wrap around the mount, or just have it tuck to the side.

I just can't understand why people are still making these terrible "arguments".

Quote Originally Posted by GuniorBinda View Post
    That doesn't mean anything at all. Blizzard can make them mount if they want. Draenei and Tauren also don't wear boots so I don't see the problem here.

Well yeah.

Of course there will be. They cant make a full blown expansion just by focusing on the naga storyline. Im sure other forces will be at work if this actually is an expansion.
    Well for that reason, I can't choose an option in your poll. To me, it is more like "N'Zoth themed." And Nagas just happen to be one of his many races of minions.
    Normal is the name for the mental disorder present in the majority of humanity.
    Xinjun