Playing WoW with Just the Music On

I have recently found a new appreciation for playing the game. I usually turn off all sounds and just watch miscellaneous youtube videos to pass the time while farming/leveling an alt/doing dailies. Unfortunately I can watch videos a lot faster than people who make them so ran out of things to watch in the background. This led me to turn on just the music and leave off all other sound effects (no voices, error messages or spell/battle sounds).

And you know what? When you don't have spell explosions and character grunts and a thousand other sounds going off constantly you really begin to appreciate the music and "natural" sounds that compliment each zone. Some zones become really tranquil and relaxing.

Give it a try if you are leveling an alt through a zone you have played a hundred times before and see how different it is.

Deleted
    Well I always played with the music on, and sounds too. Trance music for battles!

Music is great and all but personally, I've always hated how Voices and battle sounds are all just "Sound". I know I'm sort of going off-topic, but the thread doesn't have much context anyways so WHAHAHAHAAHAH YOUR THREAD TOPIC IS MIIIINE.

It's not so bad if you're a ranged dps or a healer, but all I play is Rogue or Warrior and when you're that close to the boss/whatever, all you hear is fighting sounds spammed way louder than the voices. It's kind of annoying and ruins my precious boss fight immersion.

I second that. The Music set on "loop" and nature sounts of each zone are great. I tend to turn them on while at home and the TV is not working and keep sound effects to minimum just to know if things are happening and it's great relaxing mathing the enviroment surounding you

It's like a different game tbh

10+ Year Old Account
    I always play with game music on, can honestly never understand the people who play their own music in the background. They are missing out on a major part of the game, it's like if someone would turn all colors off and make everything pink - sure, pink might be cool, but missing out on all the beautiful designer work? No thank you...

I am slightly disappointed. I came in here thinking this was a thread about playing wow without pants (or anything else), as in cooking in the kitchen with just the radio on, but musics a good topic too.

It really depends on what I'm doing and the area that I'm in. When I'm on the AH, its youtube or pandora while posting. If its questing I listen to the in-game music, if its raiding it could be either or none. Keeping on topic with the original post, maybe I should switch that up to see if it can help a bit of the repetitiveness that I seem to be getting bogged down with lately.

I like my music loud and my weed strong when i do bg's so no, Azuremyst Isle and vanilla wow theme song is the ones i can listen to they are very nice. Did not play during vanilla but the theme song is miles better then the rest of expansions.
    Do you hear the voices too?

10+ Year Old Account
    i like to listen to wow music when i am out hiking or doing grocery shopping.

it makes things so epic.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    this is literally why i own every WoW soundtrack. sure they are missing some of the music added in later patches of each cycle but the music that comes on them is simply amazing.

cataclysm and mists are some of my all time favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by JimPaladin View Post
    Music is great and all but personally, I've always hated how Voices and battle sounds are all just "Sound". I know I'm sort of going off-topic, but the thread doesn't have much context anyways so WHAHAHAHAAHAH YOUR THREAD TOPIC IS MIIIINE.

It's not so bad if you're a ranged dps or a healer, but all I play is Rogue or Warrior and when you're that close to the boss/whatever, all you hear is fighting sounds spammed way louder than the voices. It's kind of annoying and ruins my precious boss fight immersion.
    Agreed. If it was possible, I'd love to have something akin to the following: Music: 60%, Voices: 100%, Sound: 40-50%. But nope... in order to hear voices the battle sounds are all WAY TOO LOUD. D:

Deleted
    If there was a setting to allow you to listen to just the music and boss dialogue, i'd be all over that.

Deleted
    I only have sound the first time I level in an expansion, after that I mute sound and listen to music instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    i like to listen to wow music when i am out hiking or doing grocery shopping.

it makes things so epic.
    QUEST ACCEPTED. GATHER MILK FROM THE MARKET AND SLAY ANY WHO TRY TO STOP YOU.

No but really, the WoW music is far to underrated; the only time I'll turn off the in-game music is to play the actual WoW Soundtrack to the area. Especially the MoP soundtrack, its incredibly good.