Thread: Tinker Class

Page 36 of 63 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    We had both in TBC. No Demon Hunter class.
    Direct result of the game not ready to have any new classes. The only new classes we got was sharing Paladins and Shamans between factions, which was the first step towards class homogenization. Most of their current classes were unbalanced, and they rolled out 'Class of the Month' patch changes instead of addressing them all equally. Class design was also very tricky due to their bloated talent system.

With the new spec and talent revamps, designing any new class would be much easier than ever before. No bloated talent trees, no adherence to a Hero-class system, no limitations to what gameplay each spec could offer.

So yes, it would be an ideal time to revisit a Demon Hunter class concept.

Based on armor, class type, remaining WC3 heroes, remaining unique archetypes, and the game's age, it very well could be.
    'I have no proof of the 12th class being last. I just think the game is old'

So credible, Teriz. So credible.

I'm saying that Tinkers have shown that they can use supernatural/magical tech that can do what Titan technology has done in the past.
    Tinkers have shown that they can use supernatural/magical tech? The only Tinker we know about is Gelbin, and he hasn't shown those abilities at all.

Beyond that, who would be interested in a Titan-tech using Tinker class? It makes little sense in the context of WoW, and the unfamiliarity would detract players from being interested in them. I mean Ulduar was cool and all, but playing a tech-based class that uses Titan tech? Too much.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2013-09-09 at 12:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The sea witch wouldn't work for a variety of reasons. Here's 3 of them;

1. The name. The male version of witch is warlock.
    2. Its magic based. All ranged weapons in WoW are agility based.
    3. Significant overlap with Hunters, Mages, and Shaman.
    1. They could use a different name
    2. Wands say High, stR bows and guns say hi
    3. I do not see a overlap

The Alchemist wouldn't work either because Monks took their crafting method. The Alchemist hero is more than likely going to be folded into a Tinker class.
    Again I see no over lap with Alchemist.

Also if anyone is curious as to how a Tinker could be physical range;

Problem solved.
    Problem with tinkers is the Rockets were taken by the goblin racial

Quote Originally Posted by But I Hate You All View Post
    And stuff like mortar and the glove enchant. This arguments pretty redundant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also Monks fit in with the theme of mop and Dks fit in with the theme of WOTLK.

So If we have a Sea/naga Xpac Sea witch would fit in to it perfectly

if its the Burning Legion than Demon hunters fit perfectly

The Tinker/Tech class would have to fix in the Xpac's Theme, So Don't see them coming

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Riarden View Post
    And stuff like mortar and the glove enchant. This arguments pretty redundant.
    Right but he seems to be in denial about it

demon hunter.
    melee/ranged pure dps class.

plate int wearer.

im callin it.
    it wont be tinker. i just have a feeling blizz doesnt buy into it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Not Againnn View Post
    demon hunter.
    melee/ranged pure dps class.

plate int wearer.

im callin it.
    it wont be tinker. i just have a feeling blizz doesnt buy into it.

Right but Teriz is going rebuttal with no DH are not coming, its going be Tinkers and they will wear mail

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Direct result of the game not ready to have any new classes. The only new classes we got was sharing Paladins and Shamans between factions, which was the first step towards class homogenization. Most of their current classes were unbalanced, and they rolled out 'Class of the Month' patch changes instead of addressing them all equally. Class design was also very tricky due to their bloated talent system.
    If Blizzard wanted a new class in TBC, there would have been a new class in TBC. Aren't you the one who always argues that Blizzard does what it wants to do?

Additionally, we have Demon Hunter themes being pushed into the Warlock class. Also they introduced DKs in the bloated talent tree system. So that argument is silly.

'I have no proof of the 12th class being last. I just think the game is old'

So credible, Teriz. So credible.
    I listed the proof. Read again.

Tinkers have shown that they can use supernatural/magical tech? The only Tinker we know about is Gelbin, and he hasn't shown those abilities at all.
    See the WC3 Tinker hero. The source of the WoW Tinker class is more than likely going to be the WC3 hero, not Mekkatorque. Why? Because the WoW classes are tied to WC3 units and heroes.

- - - Updated - - -

1. They could use a different name
    2. Wands say High, stR bows and guns say hi
    3. I do not see a overlap
    1.Really? Like what?
    2.The Sea with didn't use wands. She used a bow. And yeah, there's STR bows and guns, but no INT-based weapons.
    3.Mana Shield= Mages. Frost Arrow= Hunters (concussive arrow), Forked Lightning= Shaman

I'd also like to add that the Sea Witch really didn't have a theme to it. It was like a mish-mash of different archetypes.

Again I see no over lap with Alchemist.
    Monks craft potions/brews/teas while they fight. That would have been a core component of an alchemist class.

Not the same ability. The Tinker ability is an AoE stun with damage. The Goblin racial is a single target attack.

meh either class will HAVE to will wear mail until 40 then get plate. shamans have a gear monopoly on int mail and holy paladins have one on int plate.

think about it. DH and Tinker will end up using the same armor types anyways so this isnt even an argument lol

they may even let you use BOTH.

No reason not too... DH get same benefits from wearing mail or plate and clean up both of those gear niches in one class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Not Againnn View Post
    meh either class will HAVE to will wear mail until 40 then get plate. shamans have a gear monopoly on int mail and holy paladins have one on int plate.

think about it. DH and Tinker will end up using the same armor types anyways so this isnt even an argument lol
    Nonsense. There is no INT bows/Xbows/guns in the game. So how could a physical ranged class use INT plate?

Mail gives us more options to work with, since it is AGI/INT. So it can use the physical ranged weapons in the game if necessary.

10+ Year Old Account
    1.Really? Like what?
    IDK but do you think blizzard lacks the creative ability to come up with a name?

2.The Sea with didn't use wands. She used a bow. And yeah, there's STR bows and guns, but no INT-based weapons.
    And monks just used staffs in WC3 and DKs just used twohand swords.

3.Mana Shield= Mages. Frost Arrow= Hunters (concussive arrow), Forked Lightning= Shaman
    Mages have mana Shield but dks and warlocks both have death coil, Hunters have concussive arrow not Frost Arrows, Shmans have Chain lighting not Forked lighting.

I'd also like to add that the Sea Witch really didn't have a theme to it. It was like a mish-mash of different archetypes.
    Kinda like every neutral hero in WC3

Monks craft potions/brews/teas while they fight. That would have been a core component of an alchemist class.
    Monks have brews and teas while alchemist have Healing Spray, Chemical Rage, Acid Bomb, Transmute. so no overlap

Not the same ability. The Tinker ability is an AoE stun with damage. The Goblin racial is a single target attack.
    sure its not the same The Tinker ability sound way overpowered
    Last edited by But I Hate You All; 2013-09-09 at 12:35 AM.

Nonsense. There is no INT bows/Xbows/guns in the game. So how could a physical ranged class use INT plate?

Mail gives us more options to work with, since it is AGI/INT. So it can use the physical ranged weapons in the game if necessary.
    The sea witch and dark ranger concept is unused in wow. I dont care what the names of abilities, the playstyle of the two isnt represented. Blizzard can add int ranged weapons, its not your game mason. They can do what they want. And they can add a ranged class that isnt tinker. Frankly the whole tinker concept is terrible. And pretty whimsical.

If Blizzard wanted a new class in TBC, there would have been a new class in TBC. Aren't you the one who always argues that Blizzard does what it wants to do?
    Blizzard does do what they want, we just don't know when. They wanted to offer Pandarens as a playable race since TBC, and they finally did with Mists of Pandaria. It goes to show that their intentions, even back then, may simply be stifled by appropriate timing.

I listed the proof. Read again.
    You listed patterns, not proof. Perhaps you do not understand the meaning of the word?

See the WC3 Tinker hero. The source of the WoW Tinker class is more than likely going to be the WC3 hero, not Mekkatorque. Why? Because the WoW classes are tied to WC3 units and heroes.
    Never stated the contrary. Like I've said before, I'm pro-Tinker in concept.

What you provided was a convoluted theory that Tinkers would use Titan technology to satisfy its place in a Legion-based expansion. That's just plain ridiculous, like most of your theories.

who said anything about bows or guns? lol. physical range classes can still use intellect. they just have to have the stats weight correctly for the class. not very hard... think mistweaver

10+ Year Old Account
    IDK but do you think blizzard lacks the creative ability to come up with a name?
    I don't believe that Blizzard ever intended to make the Sea Witch into a class, so no.

And monks just used staffs in WC3 and DKs just used twohand swords.
    Those are melee classes. We're talking about physical ranged here.

Mages have mana Shield but dks and warlocks both have death coil, Hunters have concussive arrow not Frost Arrows, Shmans have Chain lighting not Forked lighting.
    Concussive arrow works just like Frost Arrows.

And the DK version of DC is nothing like the Lock version of DC.

Kinda like every neutral hero in WC3
    Wrong. Brewmasters had a solid Monk theme. Beastmaster had a solid Hunter theme. The Goblin heroes themes were very solid. The Pitlord was a solid Demonic theme. The Firelord was completely an Elemental theme.

The Naga Sea Witch was a mish-mash of various themes, and those various themes would have too much overlap in WoW.

Monks have brews and teas while alchemist have Healing Spray, Chemical Rage, Acid Bomb, Transmute. so no overlap
    You're not seeming to understand; An Alchemist's main purpose is to brew potions. Monks have that ability, so now an Alchemist class wouldn't be able to use it. So what would be the point of this class?

sure its not the same The Tinker ability sound way overpowered[
    It doesn't do the same thing, it doesn't have the same icon, it doesn't even have the same name.

How is it the same?

The Tinker ability is no different than the Warlock's Shadowfury.

He still hasn't answered me has he? Silly Teriz.

BTW if Blizzard wanted a class in TBC they could have done it, then again who knows, they could have known that at some point they would be re-addressing the Burning Legion and would have other opportunities for things like Demon Hunter when the maturity model of the game had expanded. Who knows? Certainly not me, but just as importantly Teriz, certainly not you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard does do what they want, we just don't know when. They wanted to offer Pandarens as a playable race since TBC, and they finally did with Mists of Pandaria. It goes to show that their intentions, even back then, may simply be stifled by appropriate timing.
    I know one thing Blizzard doesn't like to do; Repeat what they did in the past.

You listed patterns, not proof. Perhaps you do not understand the meaning of the word?
    Patterns are proof. Maybe you should look up the meaning of the word?

Never stated the contrary. Like I've said before, I'm pro-Tinker in concept.

What you provided was a convoluted theory that Tinkers would use Titan technology to satisfy its place in a Legion-based expansion. That's just plain ridiculous, like most of your theories.
    How is the theory that you can harm a titan with their technology convoluted? How is a technology class being able to use a variety of technology convoluted? Maybe you need to look up that word as well?

Patterns are proof. Maybe you should look up the meaning of the word?
    Proof: The alcoholic strength of a liquor, expressed by a number that is twice the percentage by volume of alcohol present.

That's not what a pattern is.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't believe that Blizzard ever intended to make the Sea Witch into a class, so no.
    I don't believe that Blizzard ever intended to make the Goblin Tinker a class either, so no

Those are melee classes. We're talking about physical ranged here.
    Point is they don't have to just use 1 weapon

Concussive arrow works just like Frost Arrows.
    Lots of abilities do the same thing.

Wrong. Brewmasters had a solid Monk theme. Beastmaster had a solid Hunter theme. The Goblin heroes themes were very solid. The Pitlord was a solid Demonic theme. The Firelord was completely an Elemental theme.
    Well by those standards sea witch would be a solid theme as well

The Naga Sea Witch was a mish-mash of various themes, and those various themes would have too much overlap in WoW.
    Wrong, its a sea witch I don't see a mish-mash

You're not seeming to understand; An Alchemist's main purpose is to brew potions. Monks have that ability, so now an Alchemist class wouldn't be able to use it. So what would be the point of this class?
    an alchemist uses Chemicals while a monk has Beer and tea. that's the same as Apple = Orange

It doesn't do the same thing, it doesn't have the same icon, it doesn't even have the same name.

How is it the same?

The Tinker ability is no different than the Warlock's Shadowfury.
    Cluster Rockets are in game http://www.wowhead.com/item=21741

Also Cluster Rockets would have a overlap with the warlocks Shadowfury and with http://www.wowhead.com/spell=69041

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kensim View Post
    He still hasn't answered me has he? Silly Teriz.

BTW if Blizzard wanted a class in TBC they could have done it, then again who knows, they could have known that at some point they would be re-addressing the Burning Legion and would have other opportunities for things like Demon Hunter when the maturity model of the game had expanded. Who knows? Certainly not me, but just as importantly Teriz, certainly not you.
    That's his tactic ignore and cherry pick

10+ Year Old Account
    Proof: The alcoholic strength of a liquor, expressed by a number that is twice the percentage by volume of alcohol present.

That's not what a pattern is.
    I hope you aren't being serious...

proof
    pro͞of/Submit
    noun
    evidence or argument establishing or helping to establish a fact or the truth of a statement.
    The patterns would be the evidence.

I hope you aren't being serious...

The patterns would be the evidence.
    Didnt someone use a pattern against you for addition of a tinker class? Hes banned now i dont remember his name.