Looking for advice on an alt to level

Hey guys. I currently have one PvE toon, and she is pretty much the only toon I play. She's a 13/13 Fire mage. However, with the new raids and the option of flex and all of this, I really want to level an alt to play with. I love BG leveling, and would like to go into this thinking that the main goal will be PvE, but also BGing on this toon for fun. I did a little research and I was thinking maybe Hunter or Warlock, but I've never really played more than a mage or warrior so I don't know what each class has to offer. I realize this is a someone loaded question, I'm just looking for some constructive feedback on fun of class, recent changes coming to note, personal opinions/experiences..etc. Thanks for your time =)

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd suggest Hunter over Warlock, just because you already have a cloth caster. Hunters are currently really good in PVP, especially in levelling BGs, but Shield Slam will hit you like a truck, verging on oneshots. Not going to lie, I do find Destro Warlock really fun, Chaos Bolt and Shadowburn bring some nice numbers, and using embers offensively or defensively is good.

Have you considered other armor types and roles? Paladin may be of interest. Option to Tank, Heal or DPS. Plate armor. Fairly different to a mage
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry, but "help my choose my class/realm/race/faction/spec" threads aren't allowed here. It's just not something we can choose for you and is too subjective for any real discussion.