Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe at the end, Anduin or Velen or someone will go up to him and force him to experience all the pain and sorrow he has inflicted on others with priesty magic and he will explode or be reduced to a pile of blubbering madness.......

Or has that been used too many times.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    So, he dies ... the question now is how. Do we kill him ? An NPC ?
    I'm guessing it'll be us considering blizz feels that Thrall overshadowed us a bit too much in dragon soul. It's also the safest thing to do politically with the players. Say 'the players' killed Garrosh and not Thrall or Varian or Jaina or Vol'jin and there's no 'faction bias' perceived or otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    I'm guessing it'll be us considering blizz feels that Thrall overshadowed us a bit too much in dragon soul. It's also the safest thing to do politically with the players. Say 'the players' killed Garrosh and not Thrall or Varian or Jaina or Vol'jin and there's no 'faction bias' perceived or otherwise.
    I think it would be pretty cool if he doesn't die in the actual encounter, but rather is captured and his execution is ordered and carried out on the spot. But I don't see him being captured alive.

Oh, another question: will normal and heroic have different endings, such as Firelands Ragnaros (where in normal Rags escaped, but died in heroic) ? I don't see how the normal-mode version could end with him escaping and us calling it a day. I guess they could, 'cause him leaving after we'd destroyed his forces would mean we'd taken Org and the Horde. But that would feel really damn cheap and empty.

Actually, I do maybe see him being captured and executed ... only way normal and heroic could both segue directly into the cutscene, unless the cutscene includes a time jump / doesn't take up immediately after Garrosh's death (the previous two end-boss cinematics did not include a time jump). In heroic, he's captured and brought back to Org for execution.

Man, however it goes, I just get more and more pumped to find out what happens.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can only hope no, if so my rage will be felt on the blizzard forums about it

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It should be quite clear to everyone at this point that Garrosh won't be walking away from this.

I think it would be pretty cool if he doesn't die in the actual encounter, but rather is captured and his execution is ordered and carried out on the spot. But I don't see him being captured alive.

Oh, another question: will normal and heroic have different endings, such as Firelands Ragnaros (where in normal Rags escaped, but died in heroic) ? I don't see how the normal-mode version could end with him escaping and us calling it a day. I guess they could, 'cause him leaving after we'd destroyed his forces would mean we'd taken Org and the Horde. But that would feel really damn cheap and empty.

Actually, I do maybe see him being captured and executed ... only way normal and heroic could both segue directly into the cutscene, unless the cutscene includes a time jump / doesn't take up immediately after Garrosh's death (the previous two end-boss cinematics did not include a time jump). In heroic, he's captured and brought back to Org for execution.

Man, however it goes, I just get more and more pumped to find out what happens.
    I don't think Blizzard will want to lock up the lore for such an important event in heroic mode. They've gotten away from that in MoP, fighting Ra-den wasn't really vital to the narrative of the Throne of Thunder, and while the Sha of Fear had very different mechanics in heroic mode, he still died in normal and LFR. I would be astounded if Garrosh didn't die in all difficulty modes from LFR to Heroic.

I also don't think there will be a separate cinematic played only on heroic mode. We are already getting separate cinematic for the Alliance and Horde, having ones specific to difficulty would mean a whopping 4 cinematics. That might be a tad much for one patch, especially if we want each one to be unique and interesting.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Orgrimmar was merely a setback! -Garrosh, some years from now

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's the effect of the Vision of Time. It isn't properly working yet, and the scene throws the question why Kairoz would be there. What isn't he telling us?

My theory is that Garrosh swallows red matter from Star Trek and a black hole sucks his body into the Twisting Nether to suffocate.

Quote Originally Posted by Falrinn View Post
    I don't think Blizzard will want to lock up the lore for such an important event in heroic mode. They've gotten away from that in MoP, fighting Ra-den wasn't really vital to the narrative of the Throne of Thunder, and while the Sha of Fear had very different mechanics in heroic mode, he still died in normal and LFR. I would be astounded if Garrosh didn't die in all difficulty modes from LFR to Heroic.

I also don't think there will be a separate cinematic played only on heroic mode. We are already getting separate cinematic for the Alliance and Horde, having ones specific to difficulty would mean a whopping 4 cinematics. That might be a tad much for one patch, especially if we want each one to be unique and interesting.
    Yeah, at most Garrosh might die in a slightly different way, but I don't expect to see anything drastic like with Rag where he only dies on heroic mode. Blizz could get away with a secondary villain like rag doing that, if they did it for an expnasion finale boss where only the elite raiders got to see the 'real' ending people would be very upset.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    Yeah, at most Garrosh might die in a slightly different way, but I don't expect to see anything drastic like with Rag where he only dies on heroic mode. Blizz could get away with a secondary villain like rag doing that, if they did it for an expnasion finale boss where only the elite raiders got to see the 'real' ending people would be very upset.
    I agree, but that's my point -- in normal the fight ends beneath Org, and in heroic it ends in Stormwind harbor. How do we get to the same cutscene if he dies in different places ?
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think its due to him explaining some things or actually being there to tell you what will happen IF we win or he wins for the patch.

I hope more Caverns of Time instances are in the game honestly, and I would love to see the Infinite Dragonflight once more, but as a plot twist its the remains or alternate version of them from a conquered Azeroth and they want the world of Azeroth to be changed like their paradise.
    For the Horde!

Why do people have such a hard on for bosses not actually dying? Especially key characters. I mean ..... NOBODY ever dies that is a real character. I wish they would kill some main people off, it would be much more interesting and give springboards for much better stories going forward. Taran Zhu should of died on that bridge, but no....... we have to heal him in the raid probably. Garrosh needs to hack someones head off, someone HUGE, like jaina or Baine or someone extremely important, it would make his death that much more meaningful and make him a true villain. They did a good job showing just how apeshit he has gotten in that cinematic.... I hope they don't stop there. Turning bad guys into good guys is so cliche and overused.

Blizzard has so many great characters they never touch and it would be nice to get rid of some of the fan favorites for the shock factor and pave the way for some new rich progression of great characters like Velen or bring back Turalyon/Alleria, something unexpected and epic to build off of. Just seeing Thrall in that vision of Garrosh's demise makes me sigh, I'm so sick of having Thrall forced down my throat.

I dont know why anyone really cares since they never really developed his character all that much for me to really care if he was good or bad. Garrosh just seems like a character that fulfilled a need to have a main/known villain in MOP and nothing more. However Nazgrim has been there the whole time we have been in MOP and they are killing him off, which I ask why, if anyone he should have lived or come to some rational realization of the situation. To me the story just sucks and its been sucking for 2 xpacs now, with no to little story theres going to be very little emotional engagement. For blizzard to learn how important story is to a game they should youtube readlettermedia's comical destruction of the star wars prequels. He gives great insight into what makes a great story.

I agree, but that's my point -- in normal the fight ends beneath Org, and in heroic it ends in Stormwind harbor. How do we get to the same cutscene if he dies in different places ?
    I'm assuming when he's killed the heroic raiders will just port back to the org throne room, having escaped the vision.

10+ Year Old Account
    Live or die, as long as it doesn't end with us beating his chin up, then I'm ok with that

No matter how epic or boring the fight is, I'm mainly concerned that this will be another 10-11 month wait. 5.4 seems like a really great patch but is it enough to keep people interesting for 11 months as most end-expansion patches last?

It would be nice if they feinted with what looked like an NPC going in for the finishing blow, just like always, but he just kills them outright.

Deleted
    The whole of Azeroth is out to get him, do you honestly think he's going to survive

10+ Year Old Account
    It seens he survived these encounter (see MMO champ main page)

Quote Originally Posted by KBWarriors View Post
    Live or die, as long as it doesn't end with us beating his chin up, then I'm ok with that

No matter how epic or boring the fight is, I'm mainly concerned that this will be another 10-11 month wait. 5.4 seems like a really great patch but is it enough to keep people interesting for 11 months as most end-expansion patches last?
    Well, it at least has more bosses than Dragon Soul, or even ICC. Also Timeless Isle to go with it, and it may not even be that long anyway if blizz makes good with the pattern of getting patches and expansions out faster, and assuming that they're about ready to open up the beta of expansion 5 shortly after Blizzcon.

all my years of playing this game i cant remember the last time i was this excited for new cinematic to come out