Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Game universes you wish occupied another genre?

I have been playing quite a bit of Diablo 3 this month after the announcement of RoS.

But while I was playing, I found myself thinking "Man, I wish they would make an ARPG similar to this but in the warcraft universe". I would play the shit out of that game, I think warcraft would be great in a multitude of genres if done properly, obviously I know that won't happen anytime soon, but the prospect of going through azeroth with my warlock in diablo style, slaughtering hordes of demons is an enticing one.

That got me thinking about all of my favourite video games and what other genres their universes might do well in. What about you guys, you got any favourites that you wish were part of another genre?

10+ Year Old Account
    Mass Effect as an RTS? I kinda hope ME4 is not an RTS, but a separate RTS in that universe would be cool, if done right.

Maybe mix it up a little with having both space combat and ground campaigns.
    Putin khuliyo

The Halo series as RPGs like Mass Effect. I love the idea of Halo but just can't get in to pure first person shooters. With the RPG elements and story choices I think it would end up being one of my all time favorites.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Mass Effect as an RTS? I kinda hope ME4 is not an RTS, but a separate RTS in that universe would be cool, if done right.

Maybe mix it up a little with having both space combat and ground campaigns.
    Hell yeah that would be great if they actually released it on PC, let's not have another repeat of halo wars :P

I have always wished for an in-depth Skyrim-esque RPG/adventure game for the Warcraft universe. Or maybe something that plays more along the lines of Dragon Age...

I also want a decent Aliens vs Predator game that isn't a fucking FPS.

A Diablo RTS would be cool imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll take more Mass Effect in any genre, please and thank you. One of the best gaming series ever, IMO, with some of the best characters in any form of media.

I'd really love to see a Mass Effect game that was more open-world, a'la Skyrim or Fallout.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    Hell yeah that would be great if they actually released it on PC, let's not have another repeat of halo wars :P
    Just imagine being able to control an army of Reapers and completely destroy the galaxy.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope Pokemon can be more like Skyrim

Quote Originally Posted by Ms Andry View Post
    I hope Pokemon can be more like Skyrim
    Skinning pikachus, becoming a werelucario, and becoming the Listener of Team Rocket?

Where do I sign up?!

WoW First person shooter

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'd really love to see a Mass Effect game that was more open-world, a'la Skyrim or Fallout.
    That's probably already in development. EA hinted at it a while ago with their 'bioware will be developing all our mmos now' thing.

If Firefall and Warframe taught us anything, it's that an MMO version of Mass effect 3 is not only feasible but overdue. Hell, if Swtor played like Mass effect 3s multiplayer I probably would be playing it every day.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Skinning pikachus, becoming a werelucario, and becoming the Listener of Team Rocket?

Where do I sign up?!
    Were-houndoom. Gawd.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    Were-houndoom. Gawd.
    Even better.

Not I'm sitting here wishing someone would make a Skyrim mod just for that...
    Last edited by unholytestament; 2013-08-30 at 01:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    That's probably already in development. EA hinted at it a while ago with their 'bioware will be developing all our mmos now' thing.

If Firefall and Warframe taught us anything, it's that an MMO version of Mass effect 3 is not only feasible but overdue. Hell, if Swtor played like Mass effect 3s multiplayer I probably would be playing it every day.
    As fun as ME3's MP is, I'd have absolutely 0 interest in a Mass Effect MMO, even a F2P one. The lore, presentation of story and characters are what made ME such an amazing series for me - don't think those things would have quite the same effect with a couple hundred thousand idiots running around spamming 'LOLSCRUBZ' and anal jokes in 'Citadel' chat. Hopefully, EA ultimately getting burned on TOR will discourage it.

With Blizzard games I have two. WoW reskinned to the Starcraft Universe and Starcraft engine/gameplay with the next Warcraft chapter (or a prequel). Essentially a World of Starcraft and WC4.

EVE's MMO aspects with a Star Wars universe. The Sims based in the old western era.

Star Wars in a Skyrim-style game.

StarCraft as MMORPG made by Blizzard.
    Rufflesaurus <Huhuholics> Tarren Mill EU

I'd really enjoy a Diablo game set as an MMO. Though not in the Warcraft style. More like Guild Wars 1.

A lot of the play systems of D2 & D3 could work well in an environment such as GW1. GW1 being a very ARPG-ish MMO in it's time.

Mass Effect as a Western RPG

Leauge of legands as an RPG game, seems like it has wonderful lore, I just suck at MOBAs and would like a way to expirence the lore and get invested in it.