Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    lol if there was a non tip movement when they got fired and replaced same would happen to the next crowd? Doubt it, what would likely happen is some changes would begin to be made.
    If there was a non-tip movement, then maybe things would change, but 2 or 3 people just bitching about tipping on mmo-champ is not a movement, it's just cheap ass people making excuses for not tipping.

Because if people were really that passionate about it, then a movement would have already been started and underway, and change would have already come, because this system has been around a very long time.

I am talking about delivery there. I have only never tipped perhaps four times, including a 1 penny tip.
    That's good. And honestly, if you are unsatisfied with service, make sure you talk to a manager too. Especially if the issue was food and not the service (since a server usually has little to no control over cook times and food quality), a manager will often discount your meal or write off your bill entirely, and you can still leave a few dollars for the server if you felt as though their service was sufficient.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Or tell your boss to pay your right and what is required by law.

Once again most places already charge a delivery fee it is not our responsibility that you get payed right that is your job.
    Then I guess it's not my fault if next time your pizza comes with a little extra toppings on it and/or cold?

You are getting paid right which is required by law, you as the customer should however be complaining you are having to even pay a delivery fee in the first place. Why would you want to pay more to a company who is doing nothing extra for you? No place is required by law to issue the delivery fee as your tip. If you don't tip everytime I deliver I will start spitting in your food, simple as that. I'm here to make money not waste it.

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    A non-tip "movement"?

Christ haha. This just gets better and better.
    Did I say there should be? I said if there was. If there was a non-tipping movement would the waiters not complain to someone? Or would they just put up with their low wages? Wouldn't they pressure their employers for higher wages because now they're making practically nothing?

Darkrulerxxx, in my honest opinion, you can get a lot more for your money if you purchase food from the grocery store and cook it at home. Even if you don't have access to certain kitchen appliances, there are cheaper options at the grocery store that don't require a lot of preparation or equipment (i.e. sandwiches). Not only are your limited funds going to get you further, but you're also not offending a waiter who would have to serve you at a restaurant. Even a nice meal at a restaurant, like steak, corn, potatoes, and soda would cost you half as much at a grocery store.

I do believe in the phrase, "If you can't afford to tip, you have no business eating out." It definitely applies in America where waiters are barely paid more than $2/hour. Even a $1 tip is acceptable.
    “You have died of dysentery” – Oregon Trail

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I've never done any of that stuff. Millions of other servers do it on a daily basis though. I have plenty of friends who work in the industry and I'm just telling you the reality of the situation. The fact that you're reacting this way says more about you than me though. Not surprised you don't tip considering how much of an ass you're being. And I'm wouldn't be surprised if every meal you've had delivered was filthy food. Just saying.
    I live in an area where deliveries are only to places that are close, since it is so densely populated. I am not talking about "servers"I am talking about delivery drivers. Also your friends deserve to be in jail, they're scum bags for doing that to peoples food.

"You didn't tip me! Oh yeah eat my snot, my spit, my cum, eat my balls."

What the fuck is wrong with people like this? Don't get a tip throw a fucking hissy fit and commit a crime?

Quote Originally Posted by hawtlol View Post
    Then I guess it's not my fault if next time your pizza comes with a little extra toppings on it and/or cold?
    And if that happens I just report you and your work place and you lose your job. I bet that 2.15$+all the tips you did get looks a lot better then zero don't it.

Once again you seem to ignore that it is required by law they pay you in the end after tips the federal minimum wage of 7.25$.

So after tips they make up the diffence if you refuse to stand up and say something its your own fault.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Did I say there should be? I said if there was. If there was a non-tipping movement would the waiters not complain to someone? Or would they just put up with their low wages? Wouldn't they pressure their employers for higher wages because now they're making practically nothing?
    I'm sure people making $2.13 an hour will have the patience required for such a movement to effect their income in a positive manner. Unless of course you think it would be an instant change, but you wouldn't be that oblivious, would you?

And if that happens I just report you and your work place and you lose your job. I bet that 2.15$+all the tips you did get looks a lot better then zero don't it.
    This isn't Super Troopers, you will never notice the spit in your food. That's why i always make sure i try to be nice.

Lol, you're a scumbag for expecting someone to deliver you food for free because you're too "tired" to get it yourself. Stop being so damn lazy.
    For free? Where did I say I didn't tip why don't you fucking read?!!!! Why do people do this!!! I clearly said I tip between $2 and $6 and sometimes 1 lol.

oh yes how dare I work 14 hours and not walk for my food?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sure people making $2.13 an hour will have the patience required for such a movement to effect their income in a positive manner. Unless of course you think it would be an instant change, but you wouldn't be that oblivious, would you?
    There wouldn't be instant change already said there would be sacrifices.
    Last edited by Themius; 2013-09-03 at 12:28 AM.

His other argument is they can just quit, and find more meaningful, better paying jobs. Not understand people might not have that option.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anyaka21 View Post
    I'm not crying about how much I make. I'm arguing with people that think they work harder than me. Some people that say they lift more than me, et...

It's a butt hurt whiny argument. I make $2.13 an hour and rely on people to tip me. They make $14 or so and lift boxes. Arguing about it is stupid. Besides, the argument is about tipping.

And the $14 an hour person says he doesn't tip because he works harder than me, lifts more boxes and weight than I do, etc...

My arugment is that if you don't tip, don't go to a place that you are expected to tip. There are millions of places to go where it's not expected.
    But you don't make $2.13 an hour if you do your job. I know waiting isn't easy or less demanding than most other jobs but you do have more than minimum pay/hour if you do your job, just the same as everyone else. The only difference between your job and my job is that I still get paid even if I just do a mediocre job. I have more security than you but you also have the possibility to earn my weekly pay in an evening if you are lucky and good at it. I have a risk of dying at my job and you have a risk of not making rent. Pros and cons that equal out in my book.

I am sure there would be an outrage if suddenly owners gave waiters a fixed pay rate at $14/hour and kept all tips for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Åmbulance View Post
    This isn't Super Troopers, you will never notice the spit in your food. That's why i always make sure i try to be nice.
    Don't you realize how ridiculous this is

"Be nice to your waiter or they may commit a felony and spit in your food."

Oh yes what character that person has.

Once again you seem to ignore that it is required by law they pay you in the end after tips the federal minimum wage of 7.25$.

So after tips they make up the diffence if you refuse to stand up and say something its your own fault.
    I don't understand. Do people really believe they have this much influence over people's job security?

Quote Originally Posted by Åmbulance View Post
    His other argument is they can just quit, and find more meaningful, better paying jobs. Not understand people might not have that option.
    That was never "my" argument

- - - Updated - - -

I don't understand. Do people really believe they have this much influence over people's job security?
    If there's any proof of a person doing that to your food, yes... it not only affects their job security but their life as they can land themselves in jail as it is a felony.

For free? Where did I say I didn't tip why don't you fucking read?!!!! Why do people do this!!! I clearly said I tip between $2 and $6 and sometimes 1 lol.

oh yes how dare I work 14 hours and not walk for my food?

- - - Updated - - -

There wouldn't be instance change already said there would be sacrifices.
    How nice of you to sacrifice more money into your wallet while servers sacrifice paying their bills, eating, and living in general.

So brave.

I tip based on the service i its good i will tip over 15% and if it is bad i have been know to leave a 30 cent tip on a 40 dollar meal but that card has only been pulled three or four times. I always tip the pizza guy too as long as my pizza arrived in a reasonable time and warm to hot.

Don't you realize how ridiculous this is

"Be nice to your waiter or they may commit a felony and spit in your food."

Oh yes what character that person has.
    I'm not condoning the action at all. Just saying i tend to be nice, to avoid issues like this.

Well its ether I report him or he gets a bat to the face....I rather report him.

If many people report something will be done because its easy to replace said driver.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    You should pay for their 10 minutes of gas, wear and tear on their car, the risk of an accident, the fact that they are bringing you food OUTSIDE of their place of business and it's still fresh when it gets to you... If you don't want to pay for those things then yes you should go get it yourself. That's the way the system works, if you don't like it you can always cook your own food.
    But I did pay for those things, the premium fee you know. A fee that is added when you demand an extra service such as getting your food driven to your house. What else am I paying a premium fee for? I didn't get shit extra on my Pizza, it's exactly the same as if I would eat it in the restaurant.