Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Skygoneblue View Post
    Well obviously, but that's not what the thread is asking... lol
    ummm read the last line of the OP -- particularly the last five words " what about the bosses before ?"

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    You need to defeat Thorim to get to Yogg.

Anyone saying this hasn't done ulduar for at least a few months...

No glitching/ hacks etc, just kill the rest and the door opens :P
    (Obviously thorim won't appear in yogg's chamber, but if you're going for the mount it won't matter)

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Extraordinaire View Post
    Anyone saying this hasn't done ulduar for at least a few months...

No glitching/ hacks etc, just kill the rest and the door opens :P
    (Obviously thorim won't appear in yogg's chamber, but if you're going for the mount it won't matter)
    Odd I tried that and Veezaxx wouldn't spawn. I had to port out to Dalaran, come back and beat Thorim in order to go any further. This was last week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you need to do all of the bosses in ICC 25 on heroic before LK heroic or can you just swap it before fighting him?

Quote Originally Posted by Supakaiser View Post
    Do you need to do all of the bosses in ICC 25 on heroic before LK heroic or can you just swap it before fighting him?
    You can clear 11/12 10normal and then go out, change to 25 and then go in and swap to 25hc.

Quote Originally Posted by Supakaiser View Post
    You can actually do all of them on regular 10 man, then do heroic 25 man Lich King

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm guessing the same does not apply to Ulduar 25 Yogg-0?

If it does this will be double awesome!

The easiest solution is to use an alt to get you a lockout to save and extend weekly for your main(s) who can solo the encounters you wish to obtain mounts from. In my experience with doing the 10 man normal ICC to heroic 25 extend is that you want a 10/12 lockout rather then an 11/12 lockout, because for whatever reason after you kill LK25H a few times that way you start being told that 12/12 bosses are dead. However with Ulduar you can just kill vezax and extend weekly since there is no heroic difficulty of ulduar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pharm View Post
    The easiest solution is to use an alt to get you a lockout to save and extend weekly for your main(s) who can solo the encounters you wish to obtain mounts from. In my experience with doing the 10 man normal ICC to heroic 25 extend is that you want a 10/12 lockout rather then an 11/12 lockout, because for whatever reason after you kill LK25H a few times that way you start being told that 12/12 bosses are dead. However with Ulduar you can just kill vezax and extend weekly since there is no heroic difficulty of ulduar.
    How do you go about doing that exactly? Do the clearing with an alt and use that alt to keep extending for your main or?

I've been soloing Al'Akir, Alysrazor, Lich King, and Yogg for various amounts of time now.

Al'Akir is really easy. You can solo council as well, but it's annoying and requires good gear. Once I solo'd it, I just used an alt to extend the lockout every week. Al'Akir is really easy and requires nothing special.

Alysrazor can be done by either going up in the air and doing rings to 1 phase her, or doing it by staying on the ground and killing everything. I prefer the air strat because it's faster. If you do the air strat, go SV and despawn the pet or it will aggro casters and cause bad things to happen.

I've been doing LK for a long time now and it used to be annoying with enrage kiting. With 545 gear I can kill him with 5 minutes left on the enrage. Go BM for this one and taunt him in p2 so you don't get carried off by valks. Weave the taunts in between infests. Here's a stream video from me killing him this week. http://www.twitch.tv/undergallows/c/2878119

I've been doing Yogg for 3 weeks now. The first kill took a while to get, the 2nd kill about 5 attempts, this week I one shot it. The fight seems really random, but you can counter a lot of the random with the appropriate approach. It's a dynamic fight, and the way you beat it will depend on how the fight spawns tentacles/which brain rooms it gives you. The goal is to get to p3 without any tentacles up. One mistake I made when I was first trying to solo it was the idea that I had to kill the brain in 1 phase. You don't have to do this, and most the of the time you won't want to do this. The 2nd brain phase is a good time for brain killing, but I've done transitions in 3 or even 4 phases before. Some big tips. When you transition to p2, deterrence and feign at 28 sanity. It'll stop you losing sanity from random sara malady. If your pet is stuck in the brain room/up top, just toggle passive/assist a few times and it will port to you. Once I learned this I killed the fight in a few attempts. You can use the pet "pet stuck in the brain room/up top" to your advantage /tar brain or /tar corrupter or whatever and set your pet to kill it while you're busy doing other stuff. You can handle p3 in one of 2 ways. You can turtle tank the adds and kill yogg before 3 beacon phases, or you can do what I did and just burn Yogg. Last week I tried the turtle strat and it worked fine, but the dps pet strat just goes faster and requires less thought. With siege gear, the burn strat will be the way to go. Here's my first kill video. I go insane at the end but the boss dies. http://www.twitch.tv/undergallows/c/2791902 I suggest muting sound unless you want to hear my friend talking about random crap.

I've also done ragnaros once or twice this expansion, but I don't seem to care for his mount so I don't bother. Nothing special about that fight beyond just needing decent gear.

I haven't done ultraxion because I think the mount is ugly, so I don't know how easy that is.
    Last edited by Foodchain; 2013-09-06 at 02:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Foodchain View Post
    I've been soloing Al'Akir, Alysrazor, Lich King, and Yogg for various amounts of time now.

Al'Akir is really easy. You can solo council as well, but it's annoying and requires good gear. Once I solo'd it, I just used an alt to extend the lockout every week. Al'Akir is really easy and requires nothing special.

Alysrazor can be done by either going up in the air and doing rings to 1 phase her, or doing it by staying on the ground and killing everything. I prefer the air strat because it's faster. If you do the air strat, go SV and despawn the pet or it will aggro casters and cause bad things to happen.

I've been doing LK for a long time now and it used to be annoying with enrage kiting. With 545 gear I can kill him with 5 minutes left on the enrage. Go BM for this one and taunt him in p2 so you don't get carried off by valks. Weave the taunts in between infests. Here's a stream video from me killing him this week. http://www.twitch.tv/undergallows/c/2878119

I've been doing Yogg for 3 weeks now. The first kill took a while to get, the 2nd kill about 5 attempts, this week I one shot it. The fight seems really random, but you can counter a lot of the random with the appropriate approach. It's a dynamic fight, and the way you beat it will depend on how the fight spawns tentacles/which brain rooms it gives you. The goal is to get to p3 without any tentacles up. One mistake I made when I was first trying to solo it was the idea that I had to kill the brain in 1 phase. You don't have to do this, and most the of the time you won't want to do this. The 2nd brain phase is a good time for brain killing, but I've done transitions in 3 or even 4 phases before. Some big tips. When you transition to p2, deterrence and feign at 28 sanity. It'll stop you losing sanity from random sara malady. If your pet is stuck in the brain room/up top, just toggle passive/assist a few times and it will port to you. Once I learned this I killed the fight in a few attempts. You can use the pet "pet stuck in the brain room/up top" to your advantage /tar brain or /tar corrupter or whatever and set your pet to kill it while you're busy doing other stuff. You can handle p3 in one of 2 ways. You can turtle tank the adds and kill yogg before 3 beacon phases, or you can do what I did and just burn Yogg. Last week I tried the turtle strat and it worked fine, but the dps pet strat just goes faster and requires less thought. With siege gear, the burn strat will be the way to go. Here's my first kill video. I go insane at the end but the boss dies. http://www.twitch.tv/undergallows/c/2791902 I suggest muting sound unless you want to hear my friend talking about random crap.

I've also done ragnaros once or twice this expansion, but I don't seem to care for his mount so I don't bother. Nothing special about that fight beyond just needing decent gear.

I haven't done ultraxion because I think the mount is ugly, so I don't know how easy that is.

Great videos, did you do HLK with a stam flask on? I noticed your HP was pretty high. I have a 542ilvl and I'm probably gonna give it a try this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by ihatepeople View Post
    Great videos, did you do HLK with a stam flask on? I noticed your HP was pretty high. I have a 542ilvl and I'm probably gonna give it a try this weekend.
    Nope, just used an agi flask. The high HP is due to the ICC hp/damage/healing buff. With 542 you'll easily be able to do it and beat the enrage. I used to use ancient hysteria twice on the fight as well. Once at the pull, and again after a shadowmourne room phase, but now he dies before sated falls off. You can do two bloodlusts if the fight goes longer than 10 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    What? Are you even awake? Obviously that is directly in line to what the thread is asking, because if you cannot even get to the boss, then you have zero chance of ever getting the mount.

Tried to be a smartass and failed, You lose, You lose.
    it's important that you can kill every boss before yogg, but it's ultimately useless if you can't kill yogg himself...i think that's what he was trying to point out

Quote Originally Posted by Foodchain View Post
    Nope, just used an agi flask. The high HP is due to the ICC hp/damage/healing buff. With 542 you'll easily be able to do it and beat the enrage. I used to use ancient hysteria twice on the fight as well. Once at the pull, and again after a shadowmourne room phase, but now he dies before sated falls off. You can do two bloodlusts if the fight goes longer than 10 minutes.
    Ahh ok yea I forgot about that, I might just see if I can get better trinkets after patch day (my guild will probably do one last heroic clear after normals) so it's a little easier. Thanks for the tip.

Quote Originally Posted by Skygoneblue View Post
    Well obviously, but that's not what the thread is asking... lol
    Quote Originally Posted by rauta View Post
    I have soloed some basic and easy bosses to get mounts I want. I'm wondering if all pre-MoP mount bosses are soloable for hunters?
    I'm interested about DW mounts, South wind drake, Ultraxion's mount, Mimiron's head and Invincible. Atleast Lich King,Yogg-saron and Al'Akir are all soloable but what about bosses before?

Thanks.
    Actually that does seem to be what the thread is asking.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    Actually that does seem to be what the thread is asking.
    Yeah, that's what I asked for.

Anyway, I can now clear to every bosses I want alone but DW and Al'Akir. I can't use extended lockout because I don't have any alts.
    I saw video where hunter killed conclave but he had better gear than I do (Hunter vs Conclave). Anyone found other way to kill those without having good gear?

Also to answer the OPs question.

You can solo all ulduar bosses on 10 man, and then swap to 25 man for yogg. I do some black magic stuff I learned from a youtube video with throm to kill him.
    You can solo everything in ICC 10 man normal mode, and swap to 25 man heroic for Lich King 25.
    You can solo council of wind, but it's annoying, and requires good gear. I solo'd it, but I recommend bringing a friend and then just chain extending the al'akir lockout as per below.
    You should be able to solo everything before ultraxion. For hagara, just feign her until she has the frost axes. Pull her and kill her before a lightning phase. This is a theory, I haven't tried to do this because I have both DW mounts, and I don't care for the ultraxion one.

With all this said, just clear it with a friend/group/whatever and get an alt saved to the lockout. For raids with a heroic difficulty, just set it to heroic mode (of appropriate raid size) and zone an alt in. Hit "Yes" to the prompt. Now every week all you do is extend the lockout on the alt, form raid with friend. Zone your alt into the raid and toss your friend lead. Log into your main, zone the main in and kill the boss. Your alt will still have a lockout with the boss up. Keep extending this every week until you're done.

Since uludar doesn't have a proper "heroic" difficulty, your alt must be present in the zone for a boss kill. So for example, clear up to Yogg on your main. Invite random friend to raid group and give him lead. Log into alt and kill one of the optional bosses like ignis. Your alt now has a save with everything dead up to yogg. Drop group with alt. Kill yogg on main. Next week, extend the lockout on alt, invite anyone to raid group, zone alt into ulduar, it will be a cleared up to Yogg ID. Toss lead to friend, log into main, have friend invite main to group, kill yogg on main. Your alt will still have an ID with everything up to yogg dead. Repeat this forever.

Keep in mind the above won't work for any TBC or previous raids because those are just locked to ID and not to specific bosses. So you can't use the trick to bypass everything before illidan or KJ every week.

If you don't have an alt, just have a friend get saved and get him to extend it for you every week.