Page 9 of 111 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Now, A council would make a little more sense.

And you are right about the last bit as well.
    If we had a council how would anyone in their right mind touch Orgrimmar?

Thrall, Saurfang, Vol'jin, Lor'Themar all sitting in the same room across a table.
    Any aggressive Alliance that walked in would be destroyed lol.

Jking. I don't see them putting so many strong leaders like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    A fact that's often neglected. Despite all their screen time, there are staggeringly few Blood Elves compared to their original, pre-Scourge Invasion High Elf population. Less too, when it's taken into account that a fair amount of those already few remaining Blood Elves chose to leave Quel'thalas and remain High Elves.

I think it's between Thrall (though you're right in saying he's had his time) and Lor'themar (because Blizzard has said the choice would be unexpected and I think a lot of people do not expect/want a Blood Elf Warchief at all).

That said, it could just as easily be Baine or someone else unexpected. All will be known in ~5 days. I do think a 'War Council', much as it would make sense, would be a pretty cheap cop-out however; not least given how nonsensical it would be for certain members (a less-than-Horde-loyal Sylvanas for example)
    Honestly, rather wish for Baine than Lor'themar. Blizzard seemed to have written a seperate line for Lor'themar, unless of course it leads to his leadership being changed, else - they need to build more for the elven. (For that matter, more for the Draenei and Gnomes too)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Corrupted View Post
    If we had a council how would anyone in their right mind touch Orgrimmar?

Thrall, Saurfang, Vol'jin, Lor'Themar all sitting in the same room across a table.
    Any aggressive Alliance that walked in would be destroyed lol.

Jking. I don't see them putting so many strong leaders like that.
    I don't see a problem there? *grins*
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

The new Warchief is pretty obvious.

Hint: It's a troll

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mech View Post
    The new Warchief is pretty obvious.

Hint: It's a troll
    inb4 it's a Goblin. Lets bring massive industry to Orgrimmar! It'll now be called, Orgrimmar & Co.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    inb4 it's a Goblin. Lets bring massive industry to Orgrimmar! It'll now be called, Orgrimmar & Co.
    Steampunk expansion confirmed. Tinker as next class...

I think Gallywix would be an entertaining choice when it comes to Goblins. Chances are they'd use the Orcs in the same way that the Orcs use Peons, to compensate for Garrosh's treatment of the Goblins since Cataclysm which was basically the same (slave labour).

Deleted
    after Garrosh demise, orcs need to have new race leader. It have to be orc, or half orc (Rexxar maybe or Etrigg?). I dont know who will be Horde leader, but orc race leader have to be orc :P

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    If anyone should take up the mantle it's him. IMO he's been presented as not only a better (and more rational) leader than Vol'jin, but also the most logical candidate out of all others (Saurfang=Too old, Baine=Not enough development, Voljin=you saw my reasons, Thrall=it's not who we expect).

Not just that, but he has a goatee and eyepatch. What more could you ask for?
    That was my thought as well. I knew more about Lor'themar, since I was like "who is this jabroni?!?!" and read up about him being Sylvanas' lead general etc all that shit, so I knew he was a capable dude, but just exiled to no man's land in the game.

It'll be either Baine, Lor'themar or Saurfang.

I think Dave Kosak accidentally tossed out a hint that it won't be Vol'jin when he responded to that "Alliance fist pumping moment" thread. He said that the Alliance is "allowing the Horde to name a successor that they can work with". In the letter that King Varian Wrynn sends players during the Barrens quest chain(I think it's after completing the non-weekly gather 15 supplies version of Battlefield: Barrens quest) he explicitedly states, "I don't trust this Vol'jin character at all, but I agree with your decision on the field." Either Vol'jin does something during the Siege - saves Varian or some other Alliance leader, whatever - to earn Varian's trust, or he's out. I suspect the Horde will choose Vol'jin since he's the one who spearheaded the Rebellion and Varian will step in and be all, "Oh no you dinnit!" and veto it, since they have an entire army laying siege to the city and Varian doesn't trust him.

Lor'themar, Baine and Saurfang are the only three Horde leaders that Varian would trust and thus be a successor that "they can work with". Lor'themar because he was about to join the Alliance anyway so he obviously has a good relationship with Varian, Baine because he and Anduin are friends and Baine has guaranteed Anduin's safety while dealing with the Horde on at least two occasions and Saurfang, dating back to their broment in ICC and the fact that Saurfang is the only Horde leader who has actually lead Alliance forces in battle(Second War of the Shifting Sands).

Quote Originally Posted by Borinax View Post
    after Garrosh demise, orcs need to have new race leader. It have to be orc, or half orc (Rexxar maybe or Etrigg?). I dont know who will be Horde leader, but orc race leader have to be orc :P
    I always thought that after Gary got killed/removed, that General Nazgrim would take up the mantle of leader of the Orcs, while Baine or Lor'themar would ascend to "Warchief" or "Regent Lord of/High Chieftain" of the Horde. I couldn't really think of any real, viable Orc leader options. Saurfang hasn't been around, Thrall is doing shaman shit, Dragonmaw chick sides with Gary, Drek is old AND blind. Etrigg really was the only other dude left that is relevant (visible) that might survive.

10+ Year Old Account
    I vote for either Gamon or Lor'Themar.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I'd be so glad that all the ''who's gonna be the next warchief'' discussion will finally be over. The forum will be at peace at last
    nope!! then we must start the "who WOULD have been a good warchief?!" discussion, or have the endless "the warchief was not who i wanted QQ" threads.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I always thought that after Gary got killed/removed, that General Nazgrim would take up the mantle of leader of the Orcs, while Baine or Lor'themar would ascend to "Warchief" or "Regent Lord of/High Chieftain" of the Horde. I couldn't really think of any real, viable Orc leader options. Saurfang hasn't been around, Thrall is doing shaman shit, Dragonmaw chick sides with Gary, Drek is old AND blind. Etrigg really was the only other dude left that is relevant (visible) that might survive.
    Saurfang is back in 5.4 and part of the Rebellion on the PTR(there's a quest chain involving him in Razor Hill, though details are still slim last I checked). I suspect he was re-introduced specifically because the Orcs will need a leader when the new non-Orc Warchief is chosen(Unless they make Thrall Warchief again, which is the worst-case scenario).

Exactly how is Thrall the worst case scenario?

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post

I love Lor'themar. The amount of work they've put into him this expansion, along with the little developments with him in the Quel'delar questline, has made him look like an amazing leader.

If anyone should take up the mantle it's him. IMO he's been presented as not only a better (and more rational) leader than Vol'jin, but also the most logical candidate out of all others (Saurfang=Too old, Baine=Not enough development, Voljin=you saw my reasons, Thrall=it's not who we expect).

Not just that, but he has a goatee and eyepatch. What more could you ask for?
    We need a Pirate Captain, now that we're going for the South Sea expansion! As Destil says, he already got the eyepatch. Let's roam the seas looking for treasures!
    Anyone agree, say: Aye!

Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    Exactly how is Thrall the worst case scenario?
    You never want to move a story backwards. Thrall was Warchief for 8 real life years and like 15 in-game years(I think, timelines get pretty murky after WoW is released). He had his moment. His story was told from infant, to pupil, to reluctant leader, to reformer, to strong leader, to world-saving Shaman, to new father, to retired world-saving adventurer who teaches the young. He had a good story, but his story is over. For a long time Thrall was my favorite Warcraft character(and if you twisted my arm I might admit he still is, though it's a toss up between 1-2 others), but his time is done and it's time to move on.

Making him Warchief again would put the story right back where it was 11 years ago when he became Warchief in WCIII.
    Last edited by nnelson54; 2013-09-05 at 12:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    You never want to move a story backwards. Thrall was Warchief for 8 real life years and like 15 in-game years(I think, timelines get pretty murky after WoW is released). He had his moment. His story was told from infant to pupil to reluctant leader, to reformer, to strong leader, to world-saving Shaman, to new father, to retired world-saving adventurer who teaches the young. He had a good story, but his story is over. For a long time Thrall was my favorite Warcraft character(and if you twisted my arm I might admit he still is, though it's a toss up between 1-2 others), but his time is done and it's time to move on.

Making him Warchief again would put the story right back where it was 11 years ago when he became Warchief in WCIII.
    I agree with this. It would not only make it seem like he was right back where he started but it would feel like that for the Horde as well. A new leader is needed if the Horde wants to move forwards with their story.
    Last edited by Kaniinchen; 2013-09-05 at 12:45 PM.

Deleted
    All in all it does not matter, We all know who ever the leader becomes, I am fine with Anyone but sylvanas, but she will never be the warchief since, NO one likes her, the orcs dont care much her warfare(useing plague and ressing people), as can be seen in tides of war, even Lor'themar is sick and tired of her ( and she, with her people is the one who aided the Blood elf in their time of need) Taurens and trolls i think also dont like her, so it no way it will be her. I hope for Vol'jin, or Lor'themar. But all in all it wont matter since it will all be decied by "the old gods" sicne blizzard stopped care and everything is done by them

Quote Originally Posted by mahananaka View Post
    I think the only one I'd be mad to have return is Thrall. I think he for me has been ruined as a character over that last few years.
    It was confirmed by Chilton days ago. The ending cinematic after killing Garrosh will show the new Warchief of the Horde. And since normal mode takes 1 day to clear and MMOchampion takes 1 hour to datamine... well we are getting our new warchief next tuesday.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    goldnsilence has a good point though. The horde is meant to be about the savage, brutal races of the horde, the ones the alliance regarded as monsters, but shown the world they are anything but monsters, so having blood elves representing that would be the biggest fuck up to the faction, period.
    i am not so sure that horde is about 'savage and brutal races' but about marginal and threatened races recovering from recent historical traumas banding together in solidarity for mutual protection.