Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Ketchup chips, and the U.S.

Why can you not obtain ketchup chips in the U.S.? They have pretty much every other possible flavors, including pickle and sweet and sour chips. Surely such a simple, delicious thing as ketchup chips would catch on here?

I'm asking because it would cost me over 15 $ to import a single bag... and americans (at least the people in both TN and TX put ketchup on everything, including eggs. So why not chips!?

They sound excellent, we have steak flavored chips, which is new, and tastes like ass.

I see Herr's Ketchup chips at the local stores. Philadelphia area.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a company in the states called Herr's that makes ketchup chips.

http://www.herrs.com/products/chips/ketchup.html

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

I have seen smaller brands like Herrs and one or two others make them

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    There's a company in the states called Herr's that makes ketchup chips.

http://www.herrs.com/products/chips/ketchup.html
    Are they as delicious as Lays though? Because pringles tried to make ketchup chips and they were awful.

What country do you get ketchup chips from? There's a tomato flavour here, think there were limited time promotions for Heinz that were ketchup flavour as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I'm trying to think of a way to express both my contempt for the hillbilly steak sauce known as ketchup and the people who use it without feeling a need to reconsider the decisions they've made in life, but in a way that people will think I'm joking.
    Put this at the end:

:P

It's like ketchup for your post!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ketchup on eggs? Nasty!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm more upset that they don't bring the chicken flavored Lays over here or some of the more awesome Doritos flavors from Japan. Then they take away our good flavors like Tacos at Midnight, Taco Bell Taco Supreme (not the new mixed bag shit), and Salsa Verde.

Why for you keep us vanilla for, Lays?

Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    Ketchup on eggs? Nasty!

Blasphemy sir!!!

Ketchup chips is a Canadian tradition and im a canadian that absolutly hate those chips. Damn are they gross, lays ketchup are the least awful, but still get tired over the overblown taste their Ketchup flavoring does. Its not smooth like real ketchup.

Who needs ketchup chips aka tomato sauce chips here in OZ , When there is such a thing as beef hoola hoops, pickled onion monster munch and scampy and lemon nik naks?

Buy ketchup. Dip your chips in it. Problem solved.

Old Dutch Ketchup Chips is the singular reason Canada will always be better than "you people."
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Why can you not obtain ketchup chips in the U.S.? They have pretty much every other possible flavors, including pickle and sweet and sour chips. Surely such a simple, delicious thing as ketchup chips would catch on here?

I'm asking because it would cost me over 15 $ to import a single bag... and americans (at least the people in both TN and TX put ketchup on everything, including eggs. So why not chips!?

Lay's makes them. I've seen them in stores before. Ask your grocer to see if they'll request/order them; or if you see the company stock/inventory worker, ask them about it. I've done this before and they are always happy to chat in my experience; I used to request things like the jalepeno tostidos because they are awesome and I had them out of state; and I saw them soon after that in the store I was in.

10+ Year Old Account
    THESE are GOOD ketchup flavored chips:

THESE are BAD ketchup flavored chips:

The Lay's one's taste extremely sour and vinigery. The Herrs ones taste like actual ketchup.

I see ketchup chips everywhere in Canada.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Are they as delicious as Lays though? Because pringles tried to make ketchup chips and they were awful.
    No idea. Never had them.

Not a fan of ketchup chips. I'm a sour cream and onion devotee.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Ketchup chips is a Canadian tradition and im a canadian that absolutly hate those chips. Damn are they gross, lays ketchup are the least awful, but still get tired over the overblown taste their Ketchup flavoring does. Its not smooth like real ketchup.
    You are not a true Canadian. Do you at least like poutine?

To others, I'm asking where I can get some without having to ship them over here to Texas. I was born in Canada I damn well know who makes the best chips, I'm just asking why the u.s. doesn't have them. It would catch on so fast

Edit: I probably should have mentioned im an expatriated canadian so I know we have them in good ol' snowy canada

This is why aliens don't visit us, We change what shouldn't be changed.