Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Thok's kiting fixate mechanic is actually a lot more simple than most people think.

"Thok will target one of the 3 farthest non-tank players within 150 yards. Do not be one of those if you don't want to kite"
    -source: twitter /WatcherDev/status/431878167284822016

A lot of the time, healers end up getting fixated because they don't move closer and stay back near the clump spots while DPS are following Thok down the sides of the hall to continue hitting the boss. Thus, after the first fixate, they're usually one of the furthest 3 away if they aren't really paying attention to that.

As a hunter, I never end up fixated by not being one of the 3 furthest out after the kiting phase starts, and then just keeping up with Thok (safely out of the direct center of his kite path) and you can continue DPSing with ~90% uptime by using glyphed Disengages properly. We don't open the cage until 14 stacks of Blood Frenzy (start of the 6th Fixate), so for guilds that open around 8 stacks (start of the 4th Fixate), you should easily have 100% uptime.

Quote Originally Posted by Raicky View Post
    Really ? I always thought it was some kind of a doughnut thing. Like a circle around the boss I think 15~20 yards < X yards (this is where you have to be) < 40 yards and you get targeted if you're within this range. I'm not sure about this since I've never been in our kiting group (One of the very few perks of being a hunter). I think this was mentioned in one of the Fatboss videos.
    This is generally what we follow. Have everyone you don't want fixated basically following the boss with the ranged who DPS him, and everyone else standing where the add is tanked. The people we wanted fixated generally got fixated.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    This is generally what we follow. Have everyone you don't want fixated basically following the boss with the ranged who DPS him, and everyone else standing where the add is tanked. The people we wanted fixated generally got fixated.
    I feel like when we even let one melee player do it for one pull, they end up getting chomped <-<. It is still done by range, we usually just have 5 dedicated players (I purposely sit for thok after acquiring my bis neck <<) to do fixates (YEEEEEY)

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemishowl View Post
    I feel like when we even let one melee player do it for one pull, they end up getting chomped <-<. It is still done by range, we usually just have 5 dedicated players (I purposely sit for thok after acquiring my bis neck <<) to do fixates (YEEEEEY)
    Yeah it's trickier for melee. They'll claim they were behind his feet and still got chomped...and I believe them because it's also happened to me.

So there's something I've been using on Blackfuse for about six months now and so far I've never heard another hunter say anything about it.

Using disengage to stay on the belt permanently can by done by using the ability within 1.00-1.20 seconds of the next belt starting, if done correctly your disengage will cancel out the grip that pulls you off the belt meaning you only need to go up once. If done correctly one of two things happens, you stay in place while canceling the grip or your disengage the full distance while canceling the grip.

If you're a BigWigs user "The Assembly Line" is the specific timer I'm using to do this.

Using frost trap on the belt on blackfuse both normal and heroic will proc LnL if you're survival. The trap doesn't move along with the belt so just pop it somewhere in the centre of the belt and the first weapon to cross it will give you LnL

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Licked View Post
    So there's something I've been using on Blackfuse for about six months now and so far I've never heard another hunter say anything about it.

Using disengage to stay on the belt permanently can by done by using the ability within 1.00-1.20 seconds of the next belt starting, if done correctly your disengage will cancel out the grip that pulls you off the belt meaning you only need to go up once. If done correctly one of two things happens, you stay in place while canceling the grip or your disengage the full distance while canceling the grip.

If you're a BigWigs user "The Assembly Line" is the specific timer I'm using to do this.
    The issue you have here is, you're probably not going to be able to dps all the belts for the full duration, because its gonna take you quite a while to get back to the top of the belt to start dpsing, if one of them was a little slow and you had to move down.

It's not something I ever found useful during progression, you're correct about that. However during farm our guild generally kills the weapon inside of the first section of the belt, so we'll have 1-3 hunters stay up on the belt permanently instead of jumping down.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Choice View Post
    Read a rumour on a youtube video the other day that Disengaging onto Siegecrafter belts had been removed. It was posted three days ago and the closest thing I could find on the subject was a tweet from a dev a month earlier saying they wouldn't do it. Anyone able to let me know if there's any validity to the claim?
    There would be a mass amount of posts if that was true, and I find it hard how they would manage to fix it.

If it was true we'd have a million American hunters who raided yesterday raging on here.

I could disengage fine on our heroic farm run on sunday. Not sure if anything's been changed since then.

I can confirm that it still works, did it on farm yesterday and only fucked it up once (my fault).

Deleted
    Read a rumour on a youtube video the other day that Disengaging onto Siegecrafter belts had been removed. It was posted three days ago and the closest thing I could find on the subject was a tweet from a dev a month earlier saying they wouldn't do it. Anyone able to let me know if there's any validity to the claim?
    Belt was fine for me on Monday.

probably just someone who failed at disengaging. I did it fine on monday.

Did it fine last night.

Did it fine tonight also.

Odd, thought this tip was already in here;

Heroic Immersus, A Murder of Crows adds stacks -- same as dire beast.. eg; Don't use it.

- - - Updated - - -

The tip
    - Deterrence reduces the damage from Iron Prison --- You can use Aspect of the Iron Hawk (will be around 10% life) if you want to save your deterrences.(Heroic only).

Is not correct exactly...
    If you deterrence the Iron Prison (as the debuff fades), you take ZERO (100% negated) dmg.

- - - Updated - - -

Malkorok Tip
    If you spec "Post Haste" talent, disengaging when you have "Displaced Energy" debuff.. will remove the debuff and the root (so you'll take zero dmg and be able to move again)

- - - Updated - - -

The Garrosh tip
    - The stun from Binding Shot works on the Embodied Doubts in the jade temple room. (Heroic only)

This is not a heroic only tip. Works in both.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaydenkor View Post
    Heroic Immersus, A Murder of Crows adds stacks -- same as dire beast.. eg; Don't use it.
    No it doesn't.

Odd, thought this tip was already in here;

Its changed now. AMoc/DB does not give extra stacks anymore.

Malkorok Tip
    If you spec "Post Haste" talent, disengaging when you have "Displaced Energy" debuff.. will remove the debuff and the root (so you'll take zero dmg and be able to move again)
    Unless I'm mistaken it removes the root only. You still take damage from the buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Raicky View Post
    Unless I'm mistaken it removes the root only. You still take damage from the buff.
    You'd have to check to find out. Some freedom spells only remove the root whereas some remove the root and debuff.