Deleted

New Class: Animist

Fair warning, I don't really expect this to ever become a class at any point as there's not much lore surrounding it, and it's rather niche. Nonetheless I think it would be a unique and novel class idea that I haven't seen before.

Essentially the Animist class would centre around the anima technology found in ToT, which for those who don't know is used to create Golems. The Dark Animus fight in ToT involves a finite amount of Anima which shifts about to animate various blood golems of different sizes and the Animist class would revolve around this concept. They would be full cloth wearing hybrids, capable of tanking, healing and both ranged and melee DPS.

Animists would have an Anima bar as their primary resource. Rather than regenerating once used, Anima would be used to create various constructs and would have to be skillfully moved and managed. To explain, the Animist could use virtually all of his Anima to create one large Blood Golem, for tanking perhaps. Then further into the fight the Animist could split the golem into say three smaller ones, in order to attack multiple enemies at once. Other constructs would of course be available and with imagination the possibilities are truly endless: Healing orbs which your allies could interact with, Anima barriers and bubble shields which could cover one person or an entire party depending on how much Anima you choose to expend. Charged bolts, changeable AOE areas, sheets of Anima placed across water as a water walking spell etc. etc. Special class specific mounts even.

Essentially the Animist would never run out of resources, it would just be tied up at various constructs at different points of the fight. When the Animist finds himself in need of more Anima they don't have to drink potions or water they simply have to decide which construct to get sacrifice, to reform into a new one. The Animist would obviously take a lot of skill to use, so it could perhaps be a hero class, or unlocked through a quest.

Thoughts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Uhm, sounds like a necromancer specialization: give life to inanimate things... Good

Horde Only Class then I take it?

cause by going by lore the HORDE took almost all of the Anima of the thunderking(that was not already spent and used) as the Alliance Apprently took the power of the thunder king him self(jaina)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharli View Post
    Horde Only Class then I take it?

cause by going by lore the HORDE took almost all of the Anima of the thunderking(that was not already spent and used) as the Alliance Apprently took the power of the thunder king him self(jaina)
    That was one of the problems with it, however I don't think it's inconceivable that the Alliance could also get their hands on the technology.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    Uhm, sounds like a necromancer specialization: give life to inanimate things... Good
    That's not really what necromancy is. Necromancy is about raising the dead, this would be about creating constructs, and not necessarily attack constructs.