Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Basically, don't listen to Didactic. Apparently he/she are bitter for some reason or another and god knows what the world needs right now is another jaded cynic.
    Not at all. I'm in a very loving relationship at present that may or may not lead to marriage down the line.

However, that does not preclude me from being realistic about how our culture perceives marriage owing to things like the media, which likes spread the idea that marriage grants a relationship "legitimacy".

This is why I don't agree with equal marriage advocates when they say "it's about love". No, it's not - it's about equality under the law.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    They should try to be less delusional.
    it's sometimes a matter of honesty as well. standard response to "i love you" is "i love you too", and there are a million little things that happen that can honestly be construed to mean deeper feeling than are actually there. it doesnt mean that one or the other is either a psycho or an asshole, just that deeper communication should have been present
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seirith View Post
    I think the issue is many people would not want to commit a lifetime to someone after 3 months.I know I would never say yes to someone after 3 months, no matter how much I loved them and how well we got along. To me that just isn't enough time together. I would also never propose to someone in public like that if I was not totally 100% sure they would say yes.
    Well of course, I know people who were together for several years before they finally got married. My best friend married his girlfriend after 4 years together, a former co-worker married his fiance after being engaged for 6 years and they had already been together for a few years when he asked her to marry him. Some guys are way too premature when it comes to asking their girlfriends to marry them, others take too long, it's all about finding the right time. For me, I am living the single life and I am not worried about any of that crap right now, finding the woman I want to spend the rest of my life with will come along in due course.

Marriage itself is something artificially pushed by culture on people that don't want it. In the 21st century there should be no reason to get married whatsoever.