10+ Year Old Account
    Seahawks release, or are going to release Sidney Rice... which is weird because I didn't think you could release injured players. Either way it was expected. I bet the Patriots scoop him up on a 1 year deal. If he can recover from his knee injury (Pete Carroll said hes doing really well) then I think he could have a decent season over there.

Also an interesting thing came up today... the Browns were attempting to trade for Jim Harbaugh before they settled.

10+ Year Old Account
    injured guys get released all the time, it isn't any surprise they're letting him go considering his salary number, I figure they're all in on re-signing Tate now

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    injured guys get released all the time, it isn't any surprise they're letting him go considering his salary number, I figure they're all in on re-signing Tate now
    Maybe it was trade I got it mixed with.

Tate isn't 100% getting paid. Likely Thomas and Bennett is a higher priority.

Man, this draft is really great for playoff teams. I don't think there's been one this deep in a while - the top-tier talent doesn't seem quite as insane, except for maybe Clowney and Khalil Mack, but it seems like nothing but impact players for two whole rounds.

And I really hope Denver trades up for C.J. Mosley. Get Von Miller back, have Mosley roaming the middle, and Danny Trevathon on the other end, with Wesley Woodward in on a rotation? All of a sudden we've got a deep and super talented linebacker core. And assuming Derek Wolfe comes back from his seizure-like symptoms which kept him out of the playoffs, and Denver's front 7 starts looking scary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Man, this draft is really great for playoff teams. I don't think there's been one this deep in a while - the top-tier talent doesn't seem quite as insane, except for maybe Clowney and Khalil Mack, but it seems like nothing but impact players for two whole rounds.
    Watching draft coverage too. Don't watch college or follow their media, so I'm relying on what I read and hear right now (mostly from Mike Mayock). Was VERY interested in the TE's today, since we only have Gronk signed for next year, and he's a BIG questionmark. Can't say I was very impressed with what I saw.

The good guys seem to not be all that fast, and the fast guys seem to have a ton of baggage. Assuming the Patriots won't be interested in drafting Hernandez 2.0, I'm going to assume we'll end up drafting one of the slower more reliable guys. Not really what I hoped coming in today. Was kind of hoping I'd see several guys blow the evaluaters away, so the Pats would have a wide variety of choices. Didn't really happen, sadly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently this draft is supposed to be really good, but I still find myself not even remotely interested in the combine. Maybe because I tried to watch the coverage last year and it was super boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Apparently this draft is supposed to be really good, but I still find myself not even remotely interested in the combine. Maybe because I tried to watch the coverage last year and it was super boring.
    Yeah it's mostly on while I play games and check forums, so I can listen and glance over whenever something interesting happens. I mean it's not something you actively watch, really. Some of the drills are interesting, but half of them can be easily ignored and just listened to. I tend to look when the bigger names come by, but even then you can mostly see in the first few seconds if someone is nailing the drill or not.

- - - Updated - - -

This is the kind of media attention for Manziel I like: https://twitter.com/FakeSportsCentr/...22106902114304

10+ Year Old Account
    Seahawks are going to release Red Bryant. Not surprising with Mebane doing well and Bennett needing to be signed. Thats about 15m freed up money, without checking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, so far I am really thinking that Kelvin Benjamin is looking more and more like a low 1st rounder to early 2nd. I was sorta hoping that he would fall to the Niners in the second, but would prefer Jordan Matthews as a WR, he looks more polished.

Bryant is the first one officially getting cut? That is surpising to me, I thought it would be Rice. Bryant being gone pleases me, I know Mebane was great as well, but Bryant gave Goodwin fits, even if Goody might not be the C for SF this season.

On another note: my dad, who is a civil engineer currently working in Antioch knows a guy working on Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara, and he got me a foot long piece of rebar that was on a piece that was too long for its intended use. I now own something that was a part of my favorite team's stadium for all of three minutes! WHOO!
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbyjawz View Post
    Well, so far I am really thinking that Kelvin Benjamin is looking more and more like a low 1st rounder to early 2nd. I was sorta hoping that he would fall to the Niners in the second, but would prefer Jordan Matthews as a WR, he looks more polished.

Bryant is the first one officially getting cut? That is surpising to me, I thought it would be Rice. Bryant being gone pleases me, I know Mebane was great as well, but Bryant gave Goodwin fits, even if Goody might not be the C for SF this season.

On another note: my dad, who is a civil engineer currently working in Antioch knows a guy working on Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara, and he got me a foot long piece of rebar that was on a piece that was too long for its intended use. I now own something that was a part of my favorite team's stadium for all of three minutes! WHOO!
    Rice was cut before, so you were right in your thoughts. Now to see the wild card: Chris Clemons. I have a feeling he might be staying another year.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    The new Al Davis.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/...ing-tom-landry

Just be mediocre baby.
    You cared enough to post.

Not bad for someone pushing 270.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post

Not bad for someone pushing 270.
    Yeah but only 21 reps on the bench press. He lost weight too. Guy specifically trained to be fast today. It's impressive, but it's a show. If he were asked to actually play football in this shape he'd be less effective then he's been in the past.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think this is the longest I've gone without seeing an article about Peyton Manning.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Yeah but only 21 reps on the bench press. He lost weight too. Guy specifically trained to be fast today. It's impressive, but it's a show. If he were asked to actually play football in this shape he'd be less effective then he's been in the past.
    Eh, 21 reps isn't bad. He has really long arms which can sometimes make it a weak workout. This is coming from a guy who's always had a weak bench relative to the rest of his workouts =P

10+ Year Old Account
    Bench press seems like a trap workout to me almost, some guys who can put up monster numbers in it haven't exactly done great, while some who didn't preform as expected destroy people in the NFL. Teams won't pass on him becayse of that freakish talent he has, besides: he relies in explosiveness more than power from what I have seen of him.

I just want to watch the DBs workpit already damnit! Lord knows the Niners need a CB.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

10+ Year Old Account
    its the combine, that's what people do for the combine

then there's the guy who left the combine because "God told him to"

God told him to just relax and enjoy the peace, which is the excuse I'll be using from now on

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    its the combine, that's what people do for the combine

then there's the guy who left the combine because "God told him to"

God told him to just relax and enjoy the peace, which is the excuse I'll be using from now on
    God also told him he'd end up in Seattle.

lol

Quote Originally Posted by Frunken View Post
    I think this is the longest I've gone without seeing an article about Peyton Manning.
    Who? Oh, you mean the new head chef at the Denver Papa Johns...

Yeah but only 21 reps on the bench press.
    Warren Sapp only had 17. He seemed to do alright.

Also his work ethic wont be a problem. Things are different in the NFL. He wont be the big man on campus where everyone cuts him slack. He will work his ass off. A good coach and training staff can teach you how to work out and train. You cant teach 6'6 270 running a 4.5 with a 37.5" vertical.
    Last edited by Lilly32; 2014-02-25 at 03:51 AM.