27. Redskins
    28. Buccaneers
    29. Falcons
    30. Vikings
    31. Texans
    32. Jaguars

Double digit wins? Double digit wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Wooooooooooow. I dunno about that no call.

But for reals, Panthers put on a serious show regardless.
    I wouldn't exactly say they put on a show. They put up 24 points on the most injured defense in the league. And the Pats put up more points on the best defense in the league than anyone has in the past five games. I mean, Wilfork, Kelly, Mayo, Dennard, and Gregory are all out. Talib clearly wasn't 100% and didn't play on the last drive. The fact that they only scored 24 points there isn't a good sign for their chances when they actually get in the playoffs and play some good defenses. And yeah, you can say they beat the 9ers last week, but even then they only scored 10 points which won't be nearly good enough in the playoffs. Carolina's on the upswing, and they'll be a good team in the near future, but I still don't think they're ready to make any noise in the playoffs this year.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think Jon Gruden or Trent Dilfer know how physics works. There is no humanly possible way Gronk could have stopped and got back to that ball.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I don't think Jon Gruden or Trent Dilfer know how physics works. There is no humanly possible way Gronk could have stopped and got back to that ball.
    he could break his arm off and throw it at the ball, its probably hanging on by a thread anyway

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's definitely PI in my mind, the contact occurs before anyone could have seen the ball was underthrown.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raleik View Post
    I wouldn't exactly say they put on a show. They put up 24 points on the most injured defense in the league. And the Pats put up more points on the best defense in the league than anyone has in the past five games. I mean, Wilfork, Kelly, Mayo, Dennard, and Gregory are all out. Talib clearly wasn't 100% and didn't play on the last drive. The fact that they only scored 24 points there isn't a good sign for their chances when they actually get in the playoffs and play some good defenses. And yeah, you can say they beat the 9ers last week, but even then they only scored 10 points which won't be nearly good enough in the playoffs. Carolina's on the upswing, and they'll be a good team in the near future, but I still don't think they're ready to make any noise in the playoffs this year.
    You don't have to blow out a team to show you are contender unlike many think. They are on a 6 game winning streak, and I regard them as playing higher than KC strength wise, though they have a ton of work to do still to be a serious contender in my books.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Gronk got man handled and pushed with out the defender looking at the ball, clear textbook PI to me.

Buuuut, Brady would never throw a ball like that. You put it in a position where your giant TE can make a play off a comparatively short LB. He was getting hit while throwing it.

Ugh I'm getting REALLY sick of games being decided by refs. Clearly PI there.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Also I know it probably doesn't say this in the rule book, but the uncatchable ball aspect is generally only applied in extreme circumstances. If Gronk hadn't been bearhugged he would have at least gotten within a yard or two of that ball.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would've seen it as PI too, its cases like this that make everyone see these rules as poor and arbitrary to begin with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh, GUYS, don't make me feel like we could have actually had another shot after that penalty, I'm trying to cope with the nervewrecking loss here. I don't need to keep wondering for the rest of the year "What if?".

(I agree though, it was a stupid call, but the game is done now, so w/e. Not like we will be getting this overturned in any meaningful way. )

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    The funny thing is, it looks sooooo much worse because they threw the flag and then picked it up. If they just hadn't thrown anything, it's the exact same result but I guarantee you it isn't blowing up this much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    The funny thing is, it looks sooooo much worse because they threw the flag and then picked it up. If they just hadn't thrown anything, it's the exact same result but I guarantee you it isn't blowing up this much.
    Exactly. You don't throw that flag on the last play if there is a question of a penalty.

10+ Year Old Account
    bad and arbitrary rule, bad and arbitrary enforcement, bad and arbitrary flag, bad and arbitrary retraction, they did everything wrong on the biggest play of the game, hopefully the end result was right

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I never had a problem with the uncatchable rule, but now I wonder if it should exist at all and if they'll discuss tossing it. Why force to refs to make that determination on the spot, which is a total judgement call, without the possibility of review at all? A penalty is a penalty regardless, a bad throw by the QB shouldn't allow them to get away with the penalty.

Maybe I'm overreacting though because before tonight like I said I never once had a problem with the rule.

And yeah every single call is technically a "judgement" call but there's difference between reacting to something you saw and making a judgement based on something you think would have (or not have) happened.
    Last edited by Stommped; 2013-11-19 at 05:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe I'm overreacting though because before tonight like I said I never once had a problem with the rule.
    Well seeing it in action like this makes you wonder what if YOUR team gets this in a similar way next time? I think that will have most fans thinking "Aww, hell no".

Yeah I never had a problem with the uncatchable rule, but now I wonder if it should exist at all and if they'll discuss tossing it. Why force to refs to make that determination on the spot, which is a total judgement call, without the possibility of review at all? A penalty is a penalty regardless, a bad throw by the QB shouldn't allow them to get away with the penalty.

I need to join these league threads at the beginning of the season. Sucks that the call was piss poor. I'm beginning to wonder when the replacement refs came back. Two games decided by horrible call or a retraction of a call. I honestly can't wait to listen to sports radio tomorrow. But I also don't want to listen to it if people whine too much. It's over and there isn't anything we can do to change the outcome of tonight. Just need to pick up the pieces and move onto game planning the broncos.

10+ Year Old Account

And yeah every single call is technically a "judgement" call but there's difference between reacting to something you saw and making a judgement based on something you think would have (or not have) happened.
    Actually I see it a lot. Hell, Sunday, Sherman got called on PI on a ball that went 10 yards past the receiver.

It might be something that is looked at in the offseason.

Evens out the uncalled leg whip on Johnson
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t

Quote Originally Posted by Raleik View Post
    I wouldn't exactly say they put on a show. They put up 24 points on the most injured defense in the league.
    Clearly you havent seen the Bears defense of late. Briggs, Melton, Tillman, McClellon, Collins, Williams, and Hayden all out. 5 of them are starters

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    Clearly you havent seen the Bears defense of late. Briggs, Melton, Tillman, McClellon, Collins, Williams, and Hayden all out. 5 of them are starters
    Or, again, Dallas.