10+ Year Old Account
    Tuning says hello... Fact is that the current 10 highest ranked guilds, 5 on 25 and 5 on 10 are all equally skilled and know how to play to their best. Fact is that it's depending on loot from previous bosses and how much time you can spend raiding which will determine who will win this race. I have 100 times more respect for guilds who only raid 4-6h a day instead of an unhealthy 14h or more. For me it proves the guilds who raid less prefer QUALITY above QUANTITY.

Yes I'm talking to you Scrubbusters, Duality, Depraved, Avast. Good luck to you finishing high on the rankings !
    Last edited by Mhyroth; 2013-09-20 at 05:27 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hlx View Post
    While I don't think this is true clearly something is up. Usually paragon was miles ahead next 10man. Right now I heard absolutely nothing about what's up with them. Sad as I always was a sucker for a good paragon gossip.
    Mostly likely because Thok requires class stacking and it doesn't seem like Paragon has even that much healing alts on their roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    I feel the way chinese gear works pretty much negates the difference from having Trolls, so I don't think it's the same.
    All 25-man bosses have 8% more health and damage in Asia, there is more DPS pressure on the Alliance, especially Thok is a beast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevyn View Post
    Tuning says hello... Fact is that the current 10 highest ranked guilds, 5 on 25 and 5 on 10 are all equally skilled and know how to play to their best. Fact is that it's depending on loot from previous bosses and how much time you can spend raiding which will determine who will win this race. I have 100 times more respect for guilds who only raid 4-6h a day instead of an unhealthy 14h or more. For me it proves the guilds who raid less prefer QUALITY above QUANTITY.

Yes I'm talking to you Scrubbusters, Ascension, Depraved, Avast. Good luck to you finishing high on the rankings !
    Well some of those guilds you just mentioned have raided far more than 4-6h a day.

If anyone deserves praise by your criteria IMO, its <Duality>... they've pretty much stuck to their normal raid schedule so far ( started like 2 hours early on tuesday or something like that ), and are doing EXTREMELY well. So props to them IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by EdisonChen View Post
    All 25-man bosses have 8% more health and damage in Asia, there is more DPS pressure on the Alliance, especially Thok is a beast.
    8 ilvls worth of gear gives you roughly 8.28% more stats across the board, which comes out to about 10-12% more dps depending on your class. (Not much of a difference, but that would've also meant a kill for us, hah!) Also, don't they have two resets a week?

Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    Mostly likely because Thok requires class stacking and it doesn't seem like Paragon has even that much healing alts on their roster.
    Really? I would expect them to be able to produce 4 healers with all those alts... Unless something different is the issue there

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaiadam View Post
    Also, don't they have two resets a week?
    Afaik, that was only during Firelands. Everything after had normal reset.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesmarcus View Post
    How's Spoils for you all? 1 energy wipe here. It dies tonight! /NSS :<

And yeah, for the early bosses at least (aka everything but the last one), only evening raiding guilds won't break in to the top 5. Maybe on Garrosh if it's a true block, there may be some pulling back.

Can't wait for Thok as a mage. Hope Zenevieva will join me in /wristcutting.
    Spoils down as a fire mage today. Gives hope to all! Now for the Thok bench.
    Last edited by mmoccdb78603ca; 2013-09-20 at 05:44 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Really? I would expect them to be able to produce 4 healers with all those alts... Unless something different is the issue there
    Just from looking at their wowprogress page only one dps (Luny) has a geared healer alt and their Boomkin could go Resto, I guess.

All speculation, I'm sure we will know in a few hours/days what the problem with is boss on 10m is.

Quote Originally Posted by EdisonChen View Post
    http://img6.ngacn.cc/attachments/mon...c315ba2792.jpg

Style at CN-Rhonin Alliance guild, 25-man heroic Thok down
    asian guilds arent in the race were talking about

so im still awaiting alliance first thok

Deleted
    8 ilvls worth of gear gives you roughly 8.28% more stats across the board, which comes out to about 10-12% more dps depending on your class. (Not much of a difference, but that would've also meant a kill for us, hah!) Also, don't they have two resets a week?
    ye but in asia the cloak is also ilv 608, same as the west. And the heirloom weapons from Garrosh is also the same ilv as the west.

i think what blizzard have done do make a difference in the race to WF. But tbh it's just not unacceptable.

I'm a chinese and i'm a Stars-/Method-fan as well. But i respect every player who fight for a World First.
    In Asia there are still many WOW-players who aiming at a 25-man WF. If this time they got it, it's also a WF overall.

And 4 Guilds in Asia are at 11/14 after 48 hours raiding.

Kin Raiders from KR (WF on Spine of the Deathwing and Madness of the Deathwing)
    Stars from CN (WF 0-Yogg Saron and World Second Madness of the Deathwing)
    Wings of Aurora from CN (World First Elite Mode Protectors of the Endless)
    Style from CN (Asia first 10 man Lei-Shen)

BTW In Asia 10-man and 25-man are seperated, with 2 different lockouts. But both are only once a week.
    Last edited by mmoc2d4eb6febc; 2013-09-20 at 06:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grinco View Post
    Stars shut down their stream as the streamer said that "we are going to test something on this boss"
    inc kill.
    Memories of Ra Den kills come to mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePlanckEnergy View Post
    So how many days will Paragon be stuck on Thok before it's adjusted in 10m? Anyone with any idea how close they are?
    10mans are unable to stack as many raid CDs or utility spells as any average 25man raid group and that might be a reason why they are struggling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tinatus View Post
    Paragon is worth nothing without Lappe?
    What happened to him, not raiding this tier?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    inc kill.
    Memories of Ra Den kills come to mind.

that's just two different guilds

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by safarmo View Post
    that's just two different guilds
    Hm, apparently my memory isn't worth a shit then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkyy View Post
    What happened to him, not raiding this tier?
    He said on "ToT World First Thread" that he won't be part of 5.4 progress.
    I don't have any more information, but I guess it's either "I had enough of this game" or "I don't have enough time anymore".

He is in envy atm

Ascendance from EU joined 10/14 club

10+ Year Old Account
    Afaik, that was only during Firelands. Everything after had normal reset.
    No they get to raid 10m and 25m which is more chances for set bonuses, trinkets, and overall more loot upgrades from the previous tiers gear. So yes they essentially get two lockouts to improve their gear.

If Asia at least had the same item level of gear and the same bosses then you could maybe forgive the fact that they get 10 and 25 man lock outs each week, it would just be a advantage to them, but they don't, they have higher item level, the bosses are buffed because of that AND THAT CHANGES EVERYTHING. Its basically like comparing 10 man to 25man, except its probably a lot worse.

As much as asia might want to be in the same race as the US and EU, well there not.

EU might have the handicap of starting ~12hours or so latter, Australians have to deal with 300ms during raids, but these are just handicaps to start, in the end they are the same race.

Asia guilds don't have the same bosses, they don't have the same ilv, well the rest of us are playing chess, you guys playing checkers, it just doesn't mix.

Bump down the 10man ilv for asia and keep the 25man the same as US, well the asia guilds will have a advantage but well they just ain't even in the race till that happens again, we know it, they know it gg.
    -------

Btw this is turning to be pretty damn intense seems like this place is tuned on the dot, exponential increase in difficulty no skipping required, of course it seems 25man has it easier due to the fact doesn't look like that higher war-forge gearing is factored in, but overall towards that top end both 10 and 25man guilds, best of the best are hitting it rough.

Interesting race for sure