Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Cultist View Post
    Top guilds don't give a shit about sleep. They would simply sleep prior to servers coming up and then raid for 16-20 hours.
    The fact that they don't care about sleep doesn't mean it won't affect them. Exhaustion is going to slow down your reaction times, and caffeine only helps so much. Unless whole guilds are progress raiding on amphetamines 24/7, time of day is going to be a factor.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Its Heroic, they should ALL be cock blocks.
    That's hard to do without either setting the DPS/HPS requirements so high that no one outside of the top 100 guilds is going to be able to do it without farming normal for months, or make it so artificially difficult or random that anyone outside of the top 100 will just get frustrated and quit. Bosses are tuned to be fun for the majority of (heroic-level) raiders, not to be a suitable challenge for the top 0.1% of heroic raiders. I agree that the last couple of bosses should be really hard, but heroic Immerseus can't be tuned to be a brick wall just to make the race for world first more interesting.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Pretty sure top guilds have like 3 times the gear they should for this point in the progression, due to the mass of alt raids. Running 3 raids to funnel gear to mains, this may as well be the sixth week of raiding for a lot of those top guilds.

The problem is how strong alts are, not how weak the bosses are. And I don't think that's a problem that Blizzard can solve without horribly breaking other aspects of the game. If they made the bosses harder, then other top 100 guilds that are nearly as good as top 10 guilds, but slightly less dedicated to the game would be totally and completely blocked for several weeks before being able to kill even 1 heroic boss. And if you think that would be fun or good for the game, then you sir, have a very different opinion from my own.
    I don't mean top guilds here, but regular 10-man guilds with around 550 item level that are now en masse at 8/14, clearing more than half of the raid in less than a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrun View Post
    if paragons dosent go down today then garrosh will last a week. who knows maybe 2!? But the difficulty curve seems good enough. For paragons I have little to no clue what the fuck is going on aside from the 1 shot from the calculating paragon. I cant imagine it on heroic or even 25 heroic @_@
    I'm not expecting Garrosh to go down for another 2 weeks.

I mean, there's even an extra phase for the fight, and to add to that considering how difficult the fight is on Normal mode, imagine the cluster fuck it'll be on Heroic.

To add to this, the only other thing we know about the Heroic mode is that the adds spawned from Empowered Whirling Corruption actually ADD to his corruption bar. That LITTLE CHANGE can have a huge impact on the fight as a whole.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninotchka View Post
    I see all you guys saying that the Finnish 10m guilds should coalesce and make a 25m and I have to laugh. Honestly, it's tough to take a normal pair of 10m and create a normal 25, and you think it would be easy to do it with heroic guilds just because they share the same language?

Which two tanks would you force to reroll? Who is the raid lead? Who is the lead healer?

Midwinter and Blood Legion should merge, throw out their 25 worst players, and completely dominate Method. Yeah, that would probably be just as easy.
    both guilds merging would be pretty cool but in the end It wont work out. Midwinter isnt as hardcore as bl, not saying its a bad thing but midwinter does their own thing, at their own pace and they get their job done, seems like it would over complicate things for both groups imo.
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

guild mergers usually dont go well. It's different when one guild disbands and majority of its core members go to another guild as a group. But merger? nah. It might sorta work for a bit but that's about it

I just realized they aren't even <DREAM Paragon> anymore, back to just <Paragon> again
    Last edited by jsz; 2013-09-22 at 07:06 PM.
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t

Quote Originally Posted by jsz View Post
    I just realized they aren't even <DREAM Paragon> anymore, just <Paragon>

Yeah, they lost their sponsor because of their world last Ra-den.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    To add to this, the only other thing we know about the Heroic mode is that the adds spawned from Empowered Whirling Corruption actually ADD to his corruption bar. That LITTLE CHANGE can have a huge impact on the fight as a whole.
    What is it that garrosh does with high corruption again? Empowered whirling corruption and Empowered MC? Is this all or am I missing a mechanic or two.

Planning ahead and getting used to it are very good tools to combat ms. Your ms is the same at every one of his casts, so it shouldn't be a problem. One can handle HC vizir balls or disruptron with higher MS too.
    You (not you in specific) need to remember that there is most likely a reason that some people are in BL and not Midwinter (and in reverse). Unless the two guilds have the same goals and attract the same sort of people, there is a high chance it won't work out.

Was DREAM only a sponsor though? Weren't they a guild which merged with them?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haxlax View Post
    Devai has said on his stream they've had nothing to do with them since Firelands but kept the name out of courtesy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    What is it that garrosh does with high corruption again? Empowered whirling corruption and Empowered MC? Is this all or am I missing a mechanic or two.
    and with the empowered corruption there are void zones that spawn adds. god this fight on heroic will be the death of guilds
    14/14h and finally done

I'm not expecting Garrosh to go down for another 2 weeks.

I mean, there's even an extra phase for the fight, and to add to that considering how difficult the fight is on Normal mode, imagine the cluster fuck it'll be on Heroic.

The last part isn't exactly true.

On Heroic, the little adds themselves gain an energy bar. On 10 successful melee hits, the add will cast Empowering Corruption, instead of it just being applied when it dies like on normal mode.

Empowering Corruption gives +200% HP and +500% Damage to the adds in range on death, or will do it to itself and others around it with 10 hits on Heroic Mode. This is essentially a "You won't bring a 3rd tank and trivialize this part of the encounter" type of mechanic.

But yes, this small mechanic change will have an impact on the fight on a whole. The last phase is pretty much handled as "Ignore all the adds, worry about MCs" or "Kill one wave of adds, then ignore them the rest of the fight". That clearly won't be possible on heroic.

That and he gains a 4th "Dream" phase on Heroic, and each of the original 3 dreams have changes to them as well. The fight is going to be ridiculous, and I'm looking forward to doing it here in a few weeks.

Mergers can definitely work and people seem to forget that the 25 man Paragon was pretty much a merger of 3 different guilds. Knockout + Sauna merged together before the release of WotLK to form Paragon. We simply picked ~40 or so members from the combined roster of 60+ that were willing to put in the time to raid fairly hardcore. By the end of Ulduar we were down to around 26-27 active raiders so we recruited 9 Finnish players from Underground Kosmonavts. After that there was a period of about a year where we had to recruit so little that every single person that got accepted as a trial (except for one and he was given a second chance months later) that wanted to join got in to the guild as a full member. There were one or two trials that found out that they didn't actually want to join when they got in to actual raiding and left by their own choice. Of course there was movement in the roster but I can't imagine there has ever been a more stable hardcore raiding guild than what tier 9-11 era Paragon was so in our case mergers were pretty awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Shaley View Post

On Heroic, the little adds themselves gain an energy bar. On 10 successful melee hits, the add will cast Empowering Corruption, instead of it just being applied when it dies like on normal mode.

Empowering Corruption gives +200% HP and +500% Damage to the adds in range on death, or will do it to itself and others around it with 10 hits on Heroic Mode. This is essentially a "You won't bring a 3rd tank and trivialize this part of the encounter" type of mechanic.

But yes, this small mechanic change will have an impact on the fight on a whole. The last phase is pretty much handled as "Ignore all the adds, worry about MCs" or "Kill one wave of adds, then ignore them the rest of the fight". That clearly won't be possible on heroic.

That and he gains a 4th "Dream" phase on Heroic, and each of the original 3 dreams have changes to them as well. The fight is going to be ridiculous, and I'm looking forward to doing it here in a few weeks.
    Sounds like two Ragnaros abilities made it into this tier (World in Flames on Siegecrafter and now those little adds)
    Jsz

Quote Originally Posted by aGit View Post
    eh, the US maintenance was extended by 13huors?
    Do you not know how to math ?

10+ Year Old Account

well then.......wow..I dont have words other than....what the hell. only thing I can think of is that you would have to cc some of them? while getting out of the weapon plus getting the boss down to minimalize getting more whirling empowered corruptions or something. but seriously what the hell blizzard you guys are sick!
    14/14h and finally done

well then.......wow..I dont have words other than....what the hell. only thing I can think of is that you would have to cc some of them? while getting out of the weapon plus getting the boss down to minimalize getting more whirling empowered corruptions or something. but seriously what the hell blizzard you guys are sick!
    Method will just have everyone go find some obscure item that will taunt something off you
    Jsz

Does it look like anyone else is close to getting Blackfuse down?

My mistake. I haven't read the Dungeon Journal in a while so my memory of it was a tad bit foggy.

- - - Updated - - -

Lei Shen was an amazing end game boss, as were Sha of Fear, Empress Shekzeer, and Will of the Emperor.

They've REALLY been on their A-game with Mists raiding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by BrioWoW View Post
    Does it look like anyone else is close to getting Blackfuse down?
    There's really no way to know for sure. That one guild was streaming last night and beyond that it becomes a game of "my friend's friend has an alt in Blood Legion and they..." blah blah whatever.
    Jsz

Lei Shen was an amazing end game boss, as were Sha of Fear, Empress Shekzeer, and Will of the Emperor.
    ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm.