Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Norushen 10 man Questions.

So I have a few questions, I never did get a chance to test this boss and I'm trying figure out a few things.
    Main thing being the purify order... so is this how it would work?

Tank1 and DPS

Tank2 and DPS

DPS and Heals

Tank 1 and DPS

Tank 2 and DPS

DPs and Heals

So Tank 1 and DPS 1 go in. DPS 1 will kill the big add and it will spawn at the normal realm. It will then be killed and tank 2 will soak it being 100% corruption.

DPS1 will finish off 3 little adds and come out. Tank 1 will be out at 60 seconds. Then tank 2 goes in after taunt to clear his 100 corruption and so forth having the tanks soak the void zones. Anyone that tested is this feasible how did you do it?

TL;DR What order do you purify in DPS / Tank / Heals
    Who do you have soak void zones?
    do smaller adds from DPS realm transfer to normal realm?
    Did all your dps get purified? Who didn't?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    We didn't down the fight...but we did it like this:

Tank1 / DPS
    Tank2 / DPS
    DPS / Healer
    Tank1 / DPS
    Tank2 / DPS

By that point we were at 50% and lusted trying to burn the boss down but the best we ever got was around 24% or so. Not sure if we are doing it wrong or not...but we die to the enrage timer. All DPS are purified. We have the tanks always soaking void zones so that the dps can stay fully purified. Smaller adds do come to normal realm.

We did
    1-Dps/tank
    2-Dps/tank
    3-Dps/heals
    4-Dps/heals
    5-Dps/heals
    and for the 5th set made sure Dps killed big one first to make sure we didn't have to bigs at once.For the 50% and below adds, we killed the 50/40/30/20% adds and just burned at 10%.

The only thing I didn't quite get about this fight (did it on Flex but should apply to normal as well) is why you send one tank in at the start when he has 75% corruption and can still soak something. Had an argument about that because I went in first @ 75% and couldn't give an answer other than "That's what I read at Icy Veins" when asked why I didn't wait until I could soak a corruption first; it seems like you don't get that many Unleashed so you prepare for the rest by having a tank get purified immediately. Also, since one tank will be in there fighting the add, the other tank would take the boss and the Unleashed Corruption (and soak the voidzone) until the second tank comes back out and can pick up the boss and four more Unleashed Corruptions (w/soaking)?

I think a misconception about this boss is that at 50% you should be burning or something when you really don't. Adds spawn at 50 40 30 20 and 10% and always should be prioritized with the last add not really mattering. You should bring the last add into the cleave and cleave it down (double dipping your dmg on the boss) and when it dies anybody can soak the last void zone.

As far as the order goes we did:
    Tank1/DPS1
    DPS2/Tank2
    Healer1/DPS3
    DPS4/Healer2
    DPS5
    DPS6

No one went down more than once for us, but im guessing you could let tanks always soak and send them down again at the end if your dps is slower.

The reason I list the 2 not at the same time is cuz we didnt go down immediately. The last 2 dps will be around 55% or lower (we had to stop dps on some attempts) all you need to do is have the people in the normal realm and shadow realm communicate when their add will die and when 50/40 is hitting. Make sure they arent at the same time (if they are it isnt even that bad, just kill both and let a tank soak)

The last 7 void zones can be soaked by tanks and healers. Your tanks should be able to get 6 of them and let a healer get 1 or 2 . I did 3 as a resto shaman and still pulled 130k HPS 2 healing with a Holy Paladin. Just remember to never ignore adds, they deal dmg to boss when dmg is dealt to them and they increase raid dmg, so even at 5%, cleave that add down, don't ignore it.

I just went 1 time in the entire fight and stay with 0 corruption the whole duration of the encounter.

Btw, we set this way: 1 tank and 1 healer always going up where more than 25 corruption and 1 dps whenever both tank and healer are in the challenge and there is a couple golden balls left.

We did on first kill so I really don't have a major idea what the heck was going on

10+ Year Old Account
    We did:

DPS 1 - DPS 2
    DPS 3 - Tank 1
    DPS 4 -Heal 1
    DPS 5 - Heal 2

After the first wave everyone single person would go in at 100 corruption meaning they soaked one Manifestation. Our 2nd tank couldn't get the Test of Confidence down (although we only gave him like 3 attempts before we said fuck it), so we left him to be one of the ones who soaked last. Once the Amalgamation got to 50% he spawns a Manifestation. We had our Tank 1 four of the orbs putting him at 100 corruption. We had the Tank 2 take the add at 20%, we killed it, got him to 10%, he spawned a new add, we ignored it and nuked the boss.

Honestly, I think our way of doing it was a little strange. We also had healers soak any excess orbs, but honestly, I was able to get in and out of the dps phase in 15-20 seconds, so it might be better to have a dps soak a bunch and then just go back in and come out real quick.

The fight is probably going to be a big cock block for a lot of guilds, so don't be too discouraged if you don't get it that easily. It's defiitel harder than Immerseus and Fallen Prots.

We did DPS/Healer > DPS/Healer > DPS/DPS > DPS/Healer > Tank > Tank.

People soaked before they went in to the test realm and healers soaked the majority after that until the the tanks were purified. If any DPS reached 50% corruption they took another run through the test during the tank runs.

We 2-healed it, with a monk and druid, so we prioritized getting healers purified. Did not see a point in sending a tank with the first wave, and had him soak the first void zone that spawns when DPS1 finished his challenge. We also purified DPS in order from highest to lowest DPS.

DPS1 - Healer1 - Tank1 - DPS 2 - Healer 2 - At this point, we began sending in DPS in a pre-determined order. However, whenever Tanks needed to go in, (they couldn't soak any more void zones), they would announce it in Mumble and step ahead of the DPS that was next in line, zone in and finish their challenge. Doing it this way, we got 4 out of our 6 DPS purified, which proved to be more than enough if you're 2 healing.

We stopped sending people in around 50% and began burning, with healers prepared to soak the void zones that the tanks couldn't (you'll need to soak 5 from 50% to 0%). Note that you still need to prioritize killing adds, don't let your DPS tunnel. We saved heroism until 30%.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post
    Honestly, I think our way of doing it was a little strange. We also had healers soak any excess orbs, but honestly, I was able to get in and out of the dps phase in 15-20 seconds, so it might be better to have a dps soak a bunch and then just go back in and come out real quick.
    Every time a dps completes the challenge another pool spawning add spawns, so good luck with that.

This was our order for clicking the orb to clear Corruption:
    Tank 1 / DPS 1
    Tank 2 / DPS 2
    Healer 1 / DPS 3
    Healer 2 / DPS 4
    Healer 3 / DPS 5

As for little adds my group kind of over geared the fight a bit :P So we for the most part would just kill big adds and nuke the boss while my self or the other tank would kill small adds if we weren't tanking. Definitely bad play from everyone in our group but meh the boss died so all is fine for now.

We did the following:
    DPS/Heal
    DPS/Heal
    DPS/Tank 1
    DPS/Tank 2
    DPS/Tank 1

At this point boss was around 25-30%, popped lust killed adds and boss until he was dead.

tanks or the dps about to go in would soak the corruption pools.
    Took us a little longer to kill it than I would have liked, but there was a bunch of stupid mistakes.

we sent tank1/dps1/dps2/dps3/tank2/dps4/dps5/heals

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcount View Post
    We did
    1-Dps/tank
    2-Dps/tank
    3-Dps/heals
    4-Dps/heals
    5-Dps/heals
    and for the 5th set made sure Dps killed big one first to make sure we didn't have to bigs at once.For the 50% and below adds, we killed the 50/40/30/20% adds and just burned at 10%.
    Same and we 3 shotted him.

Its also easier to mark both orb and let the tank/healers goes in one side orb and the dps on the other orb. if your dps is high enough you should hit the 50% mark before your 5th healer and dps hit their test.

For tank, the test is simple but may take one or two attempt just to get use to the animation. One interupt - one move out of the way, one get out of the mobs radius and one to mitigate the dmg income.
    Dps test = kill the small add not too fast and then the big one.
    Heal test = heal the 3 friendly target and dispel.

If everything goes well, your tanks should be able to soak a few big adds and let the healer soak another few. Let the dps get in the line of the bolt that the small adds shot at the boss.
    Last edited by Evolution69; 2013-09-11 at 02:21 PM.

We did Dps/healer 3 times then Dps / Dps . He was at 10% ish when we hit timer. Didn't have enough time to try Dps/ Dps then Dps / healer but I imagine that is the difference. In terms of soak we just had the person who was a in rotation to go in next soak so they could purify off . Since it was a Dps they could use defensive cooldown leaving taken to save their cooldown a for boss.

Try stacking double Dps early and have one kill his big add at start and one kill his at end to stagger the damage and u should be golden.

We did
    1) DPS/Heal
    2) DPS/Heal
    3) DPS/Heal
    4) DPS/DPS

Our tanks did not go inside. Our healers would pick up an orb before going in and clearing it, and then they would pick up all the orbs afterwards. We had a few sub 5% wipes, but we killed it like this.

Edit: How are you guys getting 5 rounds? We had to totally ignore the 5th set of orbs to not hit enrage. Is tank damage really that significant? Might have to try that next week.
    Last edited by Garnier Fructis; 2013-09-11 at 02:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Depending of the time spent by your dps you can easily get to 5 rounds. But our dps are pushing around 200k-250k so thats why. You are right that with a lower dps, you might have a few people not purified at all for the last 50% of the fight.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    3 Healed the fight on 10 man. Sent 2 DPS the first round (2 melee preferably) then a tank + DPS or Heal every time there after. I did not send a DPS sub 50% because getting 2 adds sucks at this point so all the DPS I want purified for the entire fight did so before 50%. Sub 50% ended up being the easiest part just burn the boss, switch to add and make sure the tank soaks the puddle. We killed the boss with 2 DPS dead and just as berserk was about to go off lol

What are the DPS requirements for this fight? I've got 4 535 dps and 1 525 - is that going to be enough?
    Last edited by Hottie4Hire; 2013-09-11 at 03:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rated View Post
    3 Healed the fight on 10 man. Sent 2 DPS the first round (2 melee preferably) then a tank + DPS or Heal every time there after. I did not send a DPS sub 50% because getting 2 adds sucks at this point so all the DPS I want purified for the entire fight did so before 50%. Sub 50% ended up being the easiest part just burn the boss, switch to add and make sure the tank soaks the puddle. We killed the boss with 2 DPS dead and just as berserk was about to go off lol
    With 3 healers we found having two of the Manifestations up to be pretty trivial, even at sub-50%.