Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The new isle is not playable when you have other realms in the same place, on silvermoon we had outlands ppl there. There is enough ppl on silvermoon without the need to add other realms in the mix.

This is the reason I logged all of my toons out in places other than Shrines, Vale, and SW/Org and am avoiding the Timeless Isle for a few days. I'd rather do my own thing right now and avoid the patch day lagfest.

Have a friend from a lower population server invite you? Seriously think a little.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by thatcrazypenguin View Post
    `they dont have to spend` thats classic......do you have any idea of the kind of money this company makes? .
    Do you realize the debt they're in?

10+ Year Old Account
    SO people complain because they ALL want to play on the few big realms ? Big realms comes with big problems. Live with it, your choice. It's like complaining on a new expansion you can't get mobs to kill or target a quest-npc since there are like 500 others standing on top of it too...
    Common sense tells me that places where a lot of people gather, look to it in real life too, usually there are some problems because people CHOOSE to all be in that one place.

Just be patient OP until the influx of players trying the new patch is over. As others have said this is a temporary outlier for Blizzard to which they have accepted to just let happen as it doesn't affect much overall. I remember when our guild went to try Ulduar out on patch day, the instance server ended up crashing and we couldn't log back into those toons until the evening was over because they still showed they were logged in and "stuck there."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Terrible game design.

People farming for coins, 4 world bosses that some people are killing repeatedly because they do not understand the shared loot concept
    wait... that has nothing to do with the shared loot concept..... There's no shared loot. It's individual rolls, just like with everything else. The reason why all 4 bosses are getting killed constantly is, because of the quest from Wrathion to kill them all 4, for the legendary cloak quest step.
    The 4 Celestials will remain there, for that reason alone. But in a few days, the rush is over, and people may wish they were already on that stage where the bosses got killed permanently.
    You can kill them all 4, but you only get loot of them once a week. No matter which one of the 4 you kill.
    Next week the whole killing show will be dramatically slower already.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

I'm so glad that I'm gonna escape all the first-few days patch issues.. That sounds horrible.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Everybody is trying the timeless isle all at once, of course it's a lagfest, i'm waiting a week until i log in myself, i'm a LFR-hero so there's no new pseudo-raid for a week, and by then the big hooplah over the timeless isle will be pretty much over as well...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LS1S13 View Post
    Lag on patch day? Where the majority of the server is in the same relatively small zone trying to all do the same thing? Who would've thought?
    Obviously not blizzard. Epic fail on their part.

10+ Year Old Account
    Every wonder lasts three days you know..You cant seriously think it would be feasible to upgrade server hardware just for that

Hardly a suprise that everyone and their mother will want to visit that zone right after release. I'm sure the problems are much smaller in 1-2 days.

I'm just upset at myself for not moving my lowbie away from Aki before I logged off the other night. I logged in this morning and got smashed.

This is always going to happen, and you need to get over it. The upgrades to their systems that would be required to stabilize the surge in the immediate aftermath of new content would be totally useless when all that activity becomes more spread out and just diminishes in general. It would be like making your car amphibious because every once in a while in your city it floods to the point at which you can't drive normally/safely so you just want to have the equipment to handle that when it comes up, when it clearly isn't cost effective whatsoever. Unless you're bruce wayne, or whatever.
    Main - Spirál - Hunter

I was convinced that they had implemented Connected Realms yesterday, so many people were running around. But no, it was just that much more crowded than usual.

Lag on patch day ? You must be new here ?

Youd think though blizzard with all the experience they have in this genre, would by now have found a way to handle a patch day without lag thats all im saying, im not qqing im not threatening to quit the game or any such bs I was just simply saying the lag is as bad as ive ever known for a patch day and that by now given all the money and experience this company has they should have found a way to handle it.
    Thats not how it works.. no game company will go out and invest millions in hardware to fix a problem that happens the first two days of new content..
    Ofc it will lag, they have servers that can handle the amount of players that will normally visit a zone at any time except just after a patch, and they will not use money to fix a problem that is not really there.
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

I would take your lag issues over playing on a dead server anytime.

Deleted
    one reason why i won't be going near it for a few weeks and let the novelty of it all die down so it becomes as empty as the Isle of thunder is right now.. last night i was the only player on it at 9pm - UK time)

10+ Year Old Account
    `they dont have to spend` thats classic......do you have any idea of the kind of money this company makes? and yes ive played on numerous patch days....and ive NEVER known lag so bad that it is completly game killing as it is currently hence why I posted, this is not your usual `patchday lag` I literally cannot perform a single action in that area.
    No serious company spends money on fixing a problem that is only temporary and will be gone once the flood gates have released most of the pressure. It makes no business or logical sense to do so, at all.