Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    They're probably all good, pretty sure you don't really need to worry about story too much one to the next, just pick which one you feel like and play.
    This pretty much.

Zestiria stands out because of its virtues vs bad emotions plot. It's a story about the chosen one trying to shoulder the sins of the world and purifying corruption using his magic powers, trying to save everybody, and fighting a dark lord who sounds suspiciously like Garrosh. Obviously, these tropes aren't popular today. It doesn't help that the prerelease materials hyped up Alisha as being a prominent character, only for her to take for most of the game. Otherwise, the only really "flaw" of Zestiria would be it's general gameplay, that being the camera, lackluster dungeons, and a battle system that can become boring after a while. Has amazing music though!

Berseria is the edgy prequel to Zestiria, which follows an anti-hero who is on a revenge quest, with her actions unintentionally bringing about the corruption that we see in Zestiria. Tragedy for everyone abounds, history demonizing the heroes and praising the villains, people failing to capture their dreams, etc. Should come as no surprise that Berseria's story was popular and cited as "what Zestiria should've been". Retains the same problems as Zestiria - lackluster dungeons and repetitive combat.

I don't know about Symphonia.

IMO: pick the one you'd think you like the most.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't know how many fighting game fans we have here but the Legendary Edition of Injustice 2 is on Sale at Fanatical for $19.69 -- normally $60

https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/in...endary-edition
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Guys i need help...

There are promotions on Steam for the "Tales of" series

-Tales of Berseria (14.99€)
    -Tales of Zestiria (12.49€)
    -Tales of Symphonia (4.99€)

Which one is the better in your opinion? I would like to buy one

- - - Updated - - -

I think im going to buy Tales of Symphonia...no wait...Tales of Berseria seems better
    Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    I'm in a similar situation. I've never played any of the Tales games so I'm not sure if I'm missing story. What is people's recommendation for me? I do love RPGs.
    Tales of Symphonia on the Game Cube was great, played the entire game and enjoyed every second of it.

I enjoyed the animated series for Tales of Zestiria so I went and bought Berseria but unfortunately got bored about 10 hours in due to the combat, i'm chalking this up to relying on the auto combat system in the game so I personally didn't feel engaged as I should have.

https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/...lassics-bundle

Worth it just for pushover already,. great deal.

And holy shit it's got ELF!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfeqFgAceTI
    Last edited by bbr; 2018-06-19 at 06:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Is that me, or is HB trying really hard to avoid having solid game bundle ?

I mean, you keep asking that nearly every week... I bought the BTA tier for the last bundle, so I can't say I agree with you, Arrashi.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Is that me, or is HB trying really hard to avoid having solid game bundle ?
    They seem to be more about books and comics lately,. and it's been getting steadily worse.
    I don't think their staff even knows what the site is about anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    I mean, you keep asking that nearly every week... I bought the BTA tier for the last bundle, so I can't say I agree with you, Arrashi.
    I dunno, 3-4 "ok" bundles in past 6 months isn't impressive at all. And last good bundle i can remember was the borderlands one. And that was like what ? Xmas or even before it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    They seem to be more about books and comics lately,. and it's been getting steadily worse.
    I don't think their staff even knows what the site is about anymore.
    If you live in country that has regional prices on steam it basically turned into worse steam/pointless middleman.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    I feel like buying anything - no matter how much it's on sale - is a mistake when the Summer Sale is so close. But it's your money, I suppose.
    Not entirely accurate because for a few years now, these 'smaller' sales ended up having much better deals than the big summer/winter sales which just turned into massive marketing spiels and 'walletbaiting' ala what shopping malls tend to do. Can't remember what sale it was exactly but we had one a month or two before winter sale last year and it had plenty of better deals.

The E3 sales might end up having better deals than summer sale will, too.

Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/...lassics-bundle

Worth it just for pushover already,. great deal.

And holy shit it's got ELF!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfeqFgAceTI
    Funny, they have the right thumbnail for Mystical, but the rest is from a different game with the same name.
    This is the one in the bundle: https://store.steampowered.com/app/781240/

Sword and Soldiers HD is free forever if you redeem it within the window. I had a decent amount of fun with it.

Quote Originally Posted by desdelian View Post
    Not entirely accurate because for a few years now, these 'smaller' sales ended up having much better deals than the big summer/winter sales which just turned into massive marketing spiels and 'walletbaiting' ala what shopping malls tend to do. Can't remember what sale it was exactly but we had one a month or two before winter sale last year and it had plenty of better deals.

The E3 sales might end up having better deals than summer sale will, too.
    I disagree, but I'm on my lunch break and on mobile so I don't have the time to look at historical sale prices. Regardless, I still feel that it's a good idea to say "maybe wait a week for the sale that's coming up" when talking about a random discount.
    Last edited by icedwarrior; 2018-06-20 at 07:55 PM.

Deleted
    Hey...didnt Steam's Summer Sale started today?

What is going on?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey...didnt Steam's Summer Sale started today?

What is going on?
    Nope, it was cancelled.

it starts in 30 minutes

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Nope, it was cancelled.

it starts in 30 minutes
    Hyped Thanks

Already sorted my wishlist and i'm breaking my "no early access" oath.... Ion Maiden is just what i love in FPS.... bonus point for being built on the Duke 3d Build engine. <.<'
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.

Deleted

Strange, i see the advertising for the summer sale, but no games are actually on sale, bug? or just the worst sale ever?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -V- View Post
    Strange, i see the advertising for the summer sale, but no games are actually on sale, bug? or just the worst sale ever?
    Everything is meesed up at the moment.

I cant even check the "specials" page or the page of "under 5€" or the page "under 10€"

Feels like a new MMORPG launch

Like clockwork with any major sale, the store is going to be mostly broken for the first hour or two. It's an integral part of the Steam sale experience : P