Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

Got Banned for asking a GM for Help

well like the title says. I got Banned by a GM because i asked something.
    yesterday i had a ticket open about Arena and after a while a GM came to talk to me.
    He answerd my problem about arena's, and we had a nice talk for like 30 mins about
    the Game and that it would be awsome to see burning legion back etc etc. it was fun!
    i also asked him if i could change my surname of my account. he did know some stuff about it
    but not all so he sendt me some info that lead to Battle.net. so today after work i go to battle.net
    and wanna ask if i can change my surname etc. i put photo of the ID in the ticket etc explained everything.
    so i ended up with the Chatservice.

in like 2 min i get a GM to me and he asked me whats up. so i tell the hole story again. after my story he
    says it cant be changed with the rules why etc. i just asked so there isnt anyway possible i can change it?
    he says no have a good day /wave! ( he really said that) and he's gone.
    in the meinwhile i was on line in WoW standing AFK in Stormwind. when the chat ends i get a DC and my account
    has been Banned!!!!!!

For what? i just wanted to know if i can change my surname and thats it! the GM acted like a jerk. yesterday i get a
    VERY VERY cool GM in-game talked about some awsome stuff and the next day i wanna get some more info i get a jerk
    GM that got some stuff in Behind and banns me while i just wanted to get some info.

so yeah i got banned for asking a GM for help.

GG Blizz...
    gg

10+ Year Old Account
    For some reason i don't believe what you are telling us here.
    I'm pretty sure this didn't happen, and if it did then not the way you told us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Deleted
    prolly cos they think your a hacker on a stolen account maybe id call em up and just state it was a mistake and that you own the account

Not the whole story, or a mistake.

At any rate, this is between you and Blizzard, if it's true. Go call them and sort it out.

Simple fact is a GM would not act that way, because you could then report the GM and they would get fired. So unless that was their goal, I think you're lying.

Deleted
    well belive it or not its true. i got the chat saved. sendt in in a ticket on battle.net because you cant call at this time anymore. and why would they think im a hacker? because i asked if coudl change it ? the reason i wanted to change the surname is because back in vanilla days i played on my brothers account. my parents didnt allow me to have my own account. now i wanna get that hunter on my account. but is the last names arnt the same it cant. so i asked if its still possible and thats it. thats how i came in the GM chat and got banned

Deleted
    Now try typing in proper English.

Let me guess, you bought the account and that is infact why you want the name changed. You obviously didn't tell Blizzard this but they read it between the lines.

Oh and if your story is actually true, You did violate the EULA, You account-shared.

Justice have been served!

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

Deleted
    i like it how all you people think i bought the account. you know it can be that 2 brothes dont have the same last name right? but it seems you all think i bought it and not telling the truth

10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't the surname be the same if it was originally your brother's account?

If this is the whole story, it's probably a mistake that you need to call Blizzard to work out.
    intermittent unavailability
    please PM another global for urgent concerns

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    1st poster giving us the whole truth to a weird story??

seriously /doubt

WoW customer service wouldn't act like this, or give you a ban without some concrete reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkrulerxxx View Post
    WoW customer service wouldn't act like this, or give you a ban without some concrete reason.
    Well, he is technically playing an account he doesn't own. Usually they aren't that harsh, though, they will just tell you that it's technically not your account and you should get your own.

| twitch | bsky
    |

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    what is "hole story" ? a story about holes?
    Scrapbot inc
    Last edited by Archmage Alodi; 2013-09-08 at 07:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelle View Post
    Let me guess, you bought the account and that is infact why you want the name changed. You obviously didn't tell Blizzard this but they read it between the lines.

Oh and if your story is actually true, You did violate the EULA, You account-shared.

I account shared for years with my dad, we shared a PC so he'd play when I was at work or Uni. He created a ticket one day about something mundane and mentioned that we both used the same account to the GM (we were unaware it was against the terms at the time). All the GM did was suggest that we buy a second account for dad or use an authenticator for our security. There was no threats of a ban, no suggestion that we'd committed a heinous crime.

If his story is true and that's why he was banned, "justice" hasn't been served at all. I'd expect the Blizzard employee to educate him on why they couldn't do it, not just ban him without warning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guys, drop the grammar/spelling comments. English is not everyone's first language.

| twitch | bsky
    |

Deleted
    You talked 30 minutes with a Game Master? No wonder the queue times are long these days.

Quote Originally Posted by xentrin View Post
    well belive it or not its true. i got the chat saved. sendt in in a ticket on battle.net because you cant call at this time anymore. and why would they think im a hacker? because i asked if coudl change it ? the reason i wanted to change the surname is because back in vanilla days i played on my brothers account. my parents didnt allow me to have my own account. now i wanna get that hunter on my account. but is the last names arnt the same it cant. so i asked if its still possible and thats it. thats how i came in the GM chat and got banned
    Want to share the chat here? Can blank out the personal info. If you want to prove that you're telling the truth, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Basic Fail View Post
    You talked 30 minutes with a Game Master? No wonder the queue times are long these days.
    Yeah and it seem like it was mostly just random chitchat about RP stuff, great waste of GM work time right there.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

Deleted
    As people have mentioned, you didn't put a simple 2 and 2 together, why the hell would you need to change your surname? Lack of logic is all that's here :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelle View Post

Because sharing account with family is such a terrible crime.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Wouldn't the surname be the same if it was originally your brother's account?

If this is the whole story, it's probably a mistake that you need to call Blizzard to work out.
    He is correct that sibling last names are not always the same. My last name is different from the rest of my family because my step-father never legally adopted me, so my sister has a different last name. But I do agree there seems to be more to the story here.