Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xalzel View Post
    My prediction: Jaina is going to become the new Medivh. Garrosh is going to escape justice somehow, and that will cause her to become filled with hatred not only towards the Horde, but towards Varian as well. She'll teeter on the brink of sanity for an expack. But then, when Sargeras sets his eyes on Azeroth once again, he'll use her infinite arcane power and raw hatred to bring his armys to the planet.
    it works for me

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

Jaina: "Hey, maybe it's a bad idea to give the Horde yet another second chance. They've kind of got a tradition of throwing attempts at peace back in our faces"

You've calling that evil? Compared to everything the Horde has been doing? Remember that the rebellion only happened after Garrosh started turning against the Horde races. If he'd kept his atrocities for the Alliance and neutral races, Vol'jin and co. would never have overthrown him.

She's vengeful, not evil. She can't help it but see the destruction of Theramore every time she sees the horde. She can't help remembering the fallen bodies of her friends and those she considered her family, to see them turned to dust because of the mana bomb. She can't help but have some sort of hatred towards Thrall and Vol'jin as they didn't stop Garrosh before he went so crazy.
    For now though, it seems like she's under a small bit of control. With Kalecgos by her side, he can help her manage. With Varian's vengeful tendencies and the peaceful outlook of Anduin she will probably calm down eventually.

Although I feel like there will be a fight in a raid where you have to help her calm her anger in some way or another... That would be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    Patch 6.4: Siege of Dalaran
    Words fail me to explain how badly I want this =D

(Even though I know its unlikely, if anything, Dalaran would sooner see how batshit insane she is and excommunicate her or something)

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Bad story telling: Here is my idea for Patch 5.5 (and likely Blizzards)

Garrosh is cleansed of pride/corruption and is being on trial by the Shado-Pan. Eventually after trial he is found not guility because of him being possessed or something like that (a stupid reason). Jania then gets annoyed because of what Garrosh did. She attempts to kill him herself but is stopped by the Pandaren for unleashing her emotions. In the commotion while they are protecting Garrosh, Jania goes and attacks Vol'Jin/Lor'Themar and kills/incapacitates him. And then also in the commotion Garrosh escapes as he is actually evil and escapes to the Outland (BL Foreshadow). This leads into anothner non-BL expansion with Garrosh's return and BL after that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knightsavior View Post
    She's vengeful, not evil. She can't help it but see the destruction of Theramore every time she sees the horde. She can't help remembering the fallen bodies of her friends and those she considered her family, to see them turned to dust because of the mana bomb. She can't help but have some sort of hatred towards Thrall and Vol'jin as they didn't stop Garrosh before he went so crazy.
    For now though, it seems like she's under a small bit of control. With Kalecgos by her side, he can help her manage. With Varian's vengeful tendencies and the peaceful outlook of Anduin she will probably calm down eventually.

Although I feel like there will be a fight in a raid where you have to help her calm her anger in some way or another... That would be interesting.
    Vengeful is evil. It is a cycle of hatred.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by torterra275 View Post
    Bad story telling: Here is my idea for Patch 5.5 (and likely Blizzards)

Garrosh is cleansed of pride/corruption and is being on trial by the Shado-Pan. Eventually after trial he is found not guility because of him being possessed or something like that (a stupid reason). Jania then gets annoyed because of what Garrosh did. She attempts to kill him herself but is stopped by the Pandaren for unleashing her emotions. In the commotion while they are protecting Garrosh, Jania goes and attacks Vol'Jin/Lor'Themar and kills/incapacitates him. And then also in the commotion Garrosh escapes as he is actually evil and escapes to the Outland (BL Foreshadow). This leads into anothner non-BL expansion with Garrosh's return and BL after that.
    I'm glad you do not work for Blizzard.

She isnt evil but she is more of a hardline hawk now in terms with how to deal with the horde. She had tried to push for peace and good relations with the horde for a long time and hellscream repaid her by destroying her city then having his agents use her new city as a base to stage a small raid on a alliance city. It was the last straw she could no longer trust any member of the horde i mean how many times can you get slapped before you stop turning the other cheek.

Quote Originally Posted by 7seti View Post
    Jaina: "Hey, maybe it's a bad idea to give the Horde yet another second chance. They've kind of got a tradition of throwing attempts at peace back in our faces"

You've calling that evil? Compared to everything the Horde has been doing? Remember that the rebellion only happened after Garrosh started turning against the Horde races. If he'd kept his atrocities for the Alliance and neutral races, Vol'jin and co. would never have overthrown him.
    you know that's not what she did. she lied to varian (saying the horde was plotting against the alliance, while they were just choosing the warchief), told him to dismantle the horde, and when it looked like he was obeying her, she gave a "everything is going according to my plans" smile.

also: the revolution was going to start anyway. I don't know if you remember, but vol'jin's first words on this expansion was:

Vol'jin says: The question is, what are WE doin' here? Yeh bring 'dis war to anudder corner of Azeroth, and I wanna know why.

and than:

Vol'jin says: All dis bloodshed make everyone tink twice 'bout joinin' da Horde.

and than:

Vol'jin says: I will go, but only as a witness for my people. Someone gotta keep you in check, Garrosh.

vol'jin was always against garrosh's warmongering. he almost left the horde when garrosh started wrecking shit right before cataclysm!
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Y'know, I would have no problem with Jaina's attitude or demeanor or intentions... if it wasn't that Thrall was standing right there, too. That's not where they left things in "Tides of War". Yes, them having a close friendship is gone, but there is no believable way she would just be like "yeah, let's stick Thrall like a pig in a poke!" Or more to the point, not if she was a character worth respecting or sympathizing with at all anymore.

extremist != evil.

she said dismantle, not exterminate.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhodianni View Post
    I'm glad you do not work for Blizzard.
    Hence the phrase "bad story telling" and frankly, I'm happy that I don't either.

10+ Year Old Account
    The character writing for this story is becoming so pants-on-head retarded I don't which end to make of it anymore.

Jaina's character transition has been hacky as hell, and this ending overall it just...ugh. I can't get the taste of it out of my mouth it's so bad. People are being PAID, with MONEY, to write this. I just...I can't make a coherent sentence out of the disappoint, so it's probably just best that I stop.

I loved the Lore of this expansion, what a terrible way to end it.

They say an image says more than a thousand words. I find that to be true.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post
    extremist != evil.

Do you know how to dismantle a regime? You kill it's leaders... considering 1 of them is the savior of the world and the other 3 had nothing to do with the destruction of her home yeah, she's pretty evil.

And as someone else said, when you overthrow the tyrant of an oppressed people, do you then "dismantle" the oppressed people? I think she's definitely going down the evil path.

Jaina and Thrall were passive and ...even friendly back in Wrath, it was Garrosh she didn't like. Something is wrong with her and to be honest I feel like she may betray the Alliance for her own selfish gain...

I am actually going to make a huge point of speculation, but can the Dragonflight still turn humanoid and impersonate mortals or can Demons create Dopplegangers? It wouldn't be the first time dopplegangers/dragons infiltrated the alliance....
    Last edited by IronArms; 2013-09-12 at 03:20 AM.

extremist != evil.

it's not about what she did. it's about how she did.

gossip + lie + "everything is going according to my plans" smile =/= good person

she could have made varian murder the horde or just step on thrall's foot, it doesn't matter. her attitude, by itself, was full of malice.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

There must always be a Garrosh, and Jaina has now assumed that mantle.

Can't wait 'til we kill both Sylvannas and Jaina now.

extremist != evil.

Because either she, or you for that matter, is under the delusion that the people on the other side of that room, including Thrall, would just... take that peacefully, right?