Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Ok here are my thoughts.

So I saw the alliance ending first and WTF Voljin is there saying "I SPEAK FOR DA HORDE" With thrall behind him starting at Varian. Varian and the alliance come off really well in the ending all high and might and can finish this if they so choose.

The horde ending then shows Voljin saying we need our true warchief (clearly saying thrall) Thrall muses and says Voljin should be the one to lead the horde. After seeing this I did not feel so bad about the change in command. The other horde leaders bowing and Voljin showing real humility saying he does not deserve it but will do his best.

As for Garry, his head dropping low after realizing he will NOT be killed right away. You can see it in his face he looks terrified. He knows he is in disgrace now and for him thats worse than being dead.

So on the one hand I was saddened not to see Thrall in charge but on the other I kinda like this new direction it gives me lots of new questions Does Thrall now lead the Orcs and focusing purely on them so he can ensure they never go down this dark path again while leading the horde to a trusted friend who he knows will do his best to ensure the horde stays true?

Garry goes on trial this could be a patch in 5.5 where the vale is being slowly restored (new dailies/phasing) we have his trial where we present evidence, you could involve your player character and show the others what Garry has done and then at the end of it we see what fate aways Garry and if he has anything to say for him self. We can help with the restoration of the vale.

We could also see in this patch Gilneas being reclaim the Forsaken would most likely have left the place under orders from the new warchief and the alliance can begin cleanup operations of the area, possibly a small daily quest line or something?

Lots of potential. As for the horde we could get a quest line where we go around fixing things in Orgrimmar after the siege in 5.5 so both sides get to experience post war effects.

Deleted
    Thrall returns to the orcs as leader

Voljin leads the horde and he will ask for guidance from thrall and listen to other leaders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trassk thread:

Angry about everything: check.
    Unsatisfied: check.
    Hates everyone but Orcs: check.

IMHO it is time for Orcs to take a backseat in the Horde. They were the governing power and the majority of the Horde but with the losses they have sustained with their "leader" and disgraced Warchief I believe it's time. We will never know how many of the Orcs were Garrosh loyalists but they are all dead/imprisoned now. A new Horde is rising Trassk. Get used to it.
    Is it time for humans to take a back seat from the allaince? oooh thats right, your now fully represented by humans.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Is it time for humans to take a back seat from the allaince? oooh thats right, your now fully represented by humans.
    It is time for Humans to take a backseat, we need change, I get a bit fed up of it always being Orc's v Humans, Vol'jin as Leader of the Horde is a first step, to what will hopefully shake the *norm* up a bit.

I'd be rather happy to see Varian go off somewhere and let any other Alliance race get a foothold.

You seem very angry over stuff and other peoples opinions, we're all entitled to enjoy what we like without being told we are wrong by yourself, Trassk!

"The orcs have been the main demographic of the orcs storyline for the entire Warcraft history."

My god.

On topic, you sound disappointed it wasn't just Thrall again.

It's Vol'jin. Most seem at least content. I'm stoked as fuck. Just stop getting your panties in a was, and see what they do with it.

Shandris Feathermoon for Supreme Commander of the Alliance forces 2013.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    It is time for Humans to take a backseat, we need change, I get a bit fed up of it always being Orc's v Humans, Vol'jin as Leader of the Horde is a first step, to what will hopefully shake the *norm* up a bit.

I'd be rather happy to see Varian go off somewhere and let any other Alliance race get a foothold.

You seem very angry over stuff and other peoples opinions, we're all entitled to enjoy what we like without being told we are wrong by yourself, Trassk!
    yeah yeah your entitled to enjoy it. It would just be nice if people understood my disappointment in this as they want me to as well. And you know why that is, as an orc fan of warcraft for near to a decade, this just feels like all the orcs story arch just for made into a farce in a play, or that it just stopped here with Garrosh's defeat.
    Hell, even Garrosh's defeat was just.. pfff, so he becomes a giant monstrosity, but then goes back to normal.. whatever.

The one thing I will say though, that people might not have taken into account is.. so far, all the visions we have had on the timeless isle have been true. We've seen Thrall and Saurfang enter orgrimmar, and we've seen all the leaders stood around Garrosh's body. We've seen Anduin going to see an imprisoned Garrosh in a cage in pandaria for his crimes.. that has all happened.

So, what about the vision showing, all the horde and alliance leaders dead?
    #boycottchina

yeah yeah your entitled to enjoy it. It would just be nice if people understood my disappointment in this as they want me to as well. And you know why that is, as an orc fan of warcraft for near to a decade, this just feels like all the orcs story arch just for made into a farce in a play, or that it just stopped here with Garrosh's defeat.
    Hell, even Garrosh's defeat was just.. pfff, so he becomes a giant monstrosity, but then goes back to normal.. whatever.

The one thing I will say though, that people might not have taken into account is.. so far, all the visions we have had on the timeless isle have been true. We've seen Thrall and Saurfang enter orgrimmar, and we've seen all the leaders stood around Garrosh's body. We've seen Anduin going to see an imprisoned Garrosh in a cage in pandaria for his crimes.. that has all happened.

So, what about the vision showing, all the horde and alliance leaders dead?
    That last vision was a "what if" I do believe. As in if Garry was allowed to go on he'd no doubt win the war.

I think a 5.5 patch is needed one for the Orcs to be focusing on repairing Orgrimmar (some daily quests/phasing to show damage being repaired over time) Maybe some quests or something involving thrall maybe a scenario or dungeon where he as the Orcs leader reminds them of what their true heritage is about etc. While the alliance get a quest/scenario and some phasing showing gilneas being reclaimed and restored.

Deleted
    I don't know what is so strange about this.

I have been telling you guys that Vol'Jin would have been next warchief since months .. only now you realized I was right .

Not to mention that he is quite the cool guy, he will surely do better than Thrall and Garrosh togheter.

Just hope they wont screw up with him too soon, I like the guy.

I am alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Justforthis123 View Post
    I don't know what is so strange about this.

I have been telling you guys that Vol'Jin would have been next warchief since months .. only now you realized I was right .

Not to mention that he is quite the cool guy, he will surely do better than Thrall and Garrosh togheter.

Just hope they wont screw up with him too soon, I like the guy.

I am alliance.
    Patch 6.4: Siege of Sen'jin Village. We imprison the war criminal Vol'Jin, and the Alliance has their fist-pumping moment by letting the Horde free to fuck up again. :P

My thoughts well im thrilled to bits that Garrosh survives that leaves open so many possibilities

As for Vol'Jin meh thats all i can say to that but who cares our true Warchief lives and thats all that matters

I can imagine Garrosh laughing all the way to the paddy wagon

Those incompetent pandas wont be able to hold Garrosh for long as seeing that Zaela is still alive and her dragonmaw not completely defeated a jail break is imminent.

Heres my thought in song

Quote Originally Posted by Mokaproductionist View Post
    I don't see the trolls replacing the orcs as the Horde's main troops, despite the fact that Vol'jin's in charge now. We'll just have to wait and see what Blizz's going to do with it in 5.5 and the next x-pack.
    Going from being the ruling race to... the main grunt force. Who would even want to replace them? I think you're not getting the downfall the orcs are living through. But then, I've always been Alliance so good luck to you!

I like how now that the story is shifted and the orcs now longer have "all the power" people complain when 2 months ago the same people were saying alliance criers were just big babies (not that I was one, just thought I should point that out)

Warchief is just a useless figurehead position now

The forsaken dont and Wont give a shit, The Orcs will be lackluster at best, The Belfs only care about Belfs, The Goblins only care about gold

Only the Trolls and Tauren will give a shit what vol'jin asks or demands.

He wont last long when he realizes being leader of a bunch of disparate races that dont exactly like each other in a world that hates all of them and the resources have been depleted isnt such a great job and he will be on the nearest Jail phone asking Garrosh for advice in no time!

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    The only thing that was truly annoying about this ending was Garrosh surviving. What - the - hell. If they don't come up with a truly amazing story for him after this I won't forgive them, it's such a freaking copout.
    This, this and this. When I watched the videos I literally became outraged that Garrosh wasn't killed.

I'm just gonna say this now, but can you alliance whiners, dear god, shut the hell up! You got your victory, you defeated Garrosh, your alliance is now stronger then ever, and you have nothing toi complain about, coming out on top of all this. If you can't even take that for what it is, your never going to, so if you still feel disappointed in this outcome, i have no sympathy for you. Enjoy your human only story.
    You've got a bad attitude. Seriously. The occasions you speak sense are brought down by this sort of comment.

If you can't see someone else's point of view, even if you disagree or don't really understand it, then why should anyone care about yours? That's the ultimate question you REALLY need to ask yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

And this sort of comment really cements it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Garrosh is reduced to a blow up villain, and your not following a troll as warchief.
    You may not follow "da troll", but I most certainly will. He proved himself enough IMO so I'll gladly follow his lead

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    That last vision was a "what if" I do believe. As in if Garry was allowed to go on he'd no doubt win the war.

I think a 5.5 patch is needed one for the Orcs to be focusing on repairing Orgrimmar (some daily quests/phasing to show damage being repaired over time) Maybe some quests or something involving thrall maybe a scenario or dungeon where he as the Orcs leader reminds them of what their true heritage is about etc. While the alliance get a quest/scenario and some phasing showing gilneas being reclaimed and restored.
    Maybe it's hinting that one the leaders will die instead

No I get it, your disappointment that is, however it's also surely a nice fresh breath having a change like this, I am a huge Night Elf fan, and lets face it, we've had our share of disappointments when it comes to certain characters etc too.

But I can also hope and wait that change comes and rectifies some of the stuff thats happened. I don't hate Humans, but I would love to see them shifted over to the *not as focused on* camp that most other races that aren't orcs or humans have been for a while.

Just because Vol'jin is in leadership doesn't mean the orcs are going to dwindle into obscurity or have no more story, it just means we will see it happening from a differing races perspective.

I'm looking forward to it.

Deleted
    I'm so important my thoughts deserve their own thread

please listen