Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Not Lor'themar? I'm absolutely crushed...

I had so much hope in Lor'themar becoming Warchief. Even if it was slightly against his odds, I had that glimmer of hope that my favorite race would steal the show. Everything I didn't want to happen in that cinematic, happened. Garrosh didn't die, Lor'themar isn't Warchief, and Varian did nothing in the name of justice or whatever, and Jaina isn't the character we all used to like. Oh well though, still a cool cinematic I suppose. I just feel so sad and unsatisfied. :'(
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

10+ Year Old Account
    Was expecting him too very sad.
    Roboctopus of STAY MAD - Sargeras
    http://staymad.enjin.com/

Yeah Jaina has just changed far too much. Garrosh was behind all the crimes done to her, not the rest of the Horde who opposed him.
    She has become Garrosh 2.0. I guess there must always be a Garrosh.

Can't say I'm at all surprised.

Deleted
    I would have thought it cool if he was, but I can't say I'm surprised that he's not, in the end, Vol'Jin/Thrall were always the bigger contenders.

How about saying what did happen for those of us who can't watch it yet? Otherwise useless whine thread.

I knew Lor'themar wasn't gonna get it, but I hoped he would. He could've worked well with the Alliance, and they said it was gonna be a surprise. But I think everyone knowing it was Vol'jin wasn't much of a surprise.
    "Its hard being humble, knowing how awesome I am,"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryve View Post
    How about saying what did happen for those of us who can't watch it yet? Otherwise useless wine thread.
    Seriously? you haven't gotten that information from the 5+ threads that detail what happened yet?

They built him up as obviously being the best leader, and then...meh, Vol'jin.

Not surprised, honestly. It's what I've come to expect.

I never expected Lor'themar to become Warchief no matter how much I liked the guy. I mean come on, in 5.1 he was in talks with Varian to rejoin the Alliance. You cant have someone who wants to just straight up join the opposing faction be leader. Vol'jin and the others rebelled against Garrosh but at no point did they consider joining the Alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Same. I knew it couldn't be the Dark Lady, but I figured Vol'jin was too obvious. Should've known better, I guess.

Rather have the blood elves come to the forefront of the Horde for a while - really get that magi-tek going. Who knows when we'll see what the blood elves can pull off with the Animus they captured from the Thunder King now.

I too am disappointed he didn't get chosen, but I blame that more on Wrathion and how he implied that Varian was the one who chose the new Warchief in the end. Only makes sense he picks Lor'themar in order to ensure future diplomacy since its a lot easier to work with what you know and Lor'themar being an elf would calm any doubts.
    World of Warcraft: Level 60 Blood Elf Holy Paladin

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ManjiSanji View Post
    They built him up as obviously being the best leader, and then...meh, Vol'jin.

Not surprised, honestly. It's what I've come to expect.
    Yeah, but I'm enthusiastic to maybe seeing both factions abolished or people able to group up together using B.Net!

Also, taking back Gilneas! Aroooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! <3

I don't know what I was expecting, but it's actually pretty anticlimactic, because... nobody else could have been more predictable throughout this expansion and arguably the whole previous one. I mean, it was Vol'jin who I heard people complaining on behalf of during Cata announcement and beta, that it should have been him and not Garrosh (since, believe it or not, I don't think most Horde players were at all invested enough in the tertiary Orcs from lore, even Saurfang -- they play these races, their personal investment over the course of WoW is probably in the guy who gave them those quests and who they were sent to talk to).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Byne View Post
    I never expected Lor'themar to become Warchief no matter how much I liked the guy. I mean come on, in 5.1 he was in talks with Varian to rejoin the Alliance. You cant have someone who wants to just straight up join the opposing faction be leader. Vol'jin and the others rebelled against Garrosh but at no point did they consider joining the Alliance.
    This could be argued that Lor'themar was just *considering* what was best for his people. The Blood Elves have always felt out of place within the Horde, I think. And hey, if a leader can have diplomatic talks with an enemy leader, it means he is capable of good diplomacy, which at this point in the lore, the Horde and Alliance need some good talks to calm everything down. Vol'jin went to the Alliance in 4.1 for help, and he let them help again. So I guess both of them made good candidates. Still, this was kind of anti-climactic and not very surprising, only disappointing, for me and others.
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehir View Post
    An Elf as leader of the Horde?

This is exactly how I feel about the people in this thread.
    The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I do admit it was written on the wall all along that if it wasn't Thrall, it would be Vol'jin. And I'm happy with the result, because it means the Horde will be less about the Orcs and more about the other races like Blood Elves.

I expect we'll see Lor'themar again in the near future, he's too badass to leave him sit in Silvermoon for 3 expansions again.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

i was hoping for anything but vol'jin or a panda.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupture91 View Post
    This is exactly how I feel about the people in this thread.
    Basically this. A blood elf warchief? Really mmo-champion? Really?
    Look! Words!