Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    WoW became too casual with lol epics and Timeless Isle. SoO is too easy and lots of people are gonna quit right after they kill Garrosh.
    Link profile to show us you cleared SoO and every expansion has had easy epic's even TBC.

Remember how Epic's dropped off the last boss in TBC dungeons.....
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Everything about the OP, from his user name to his signature, is ridiculousness in its most revealing form. Fun stuff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    WoW became too casual with lol epics and Timeless Isle. SoO is too easy and lots of people are gonna quit right after they kill Garrosh.
    Let's wait until we see SoO heroics shall we? Perhaps one of the bosses will surprise us again and be a massive block before even reaching Garrosh!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Link profile to show us you cleared SoO and every expansion has had easy epic's even TBC.

Remember how Epic's dropped off the last boss in TBC dungeons.....
    and you could get epics with Badges

Deleted
    Just wait till Blizzcon and the Burning Legion expansion announcement. Ppl will prolly get hyped again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MCBGamer View Post
    Really OP, I know you are trying to say the game (you obviously hate, along with the fan base, judging by your sig) is dying, but this article is meaningless to that effect.
    I did not know I hate the game and the player base, Also I do not need you to put words in my mouth. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    This... Even during WotLK if maybe 8 million(being generous) played from the US/EU area, 8 million times $15 is... $120 million still.

OP is just very not good at looking what caused the "drop in revenue". Expansions are massive cash cows for Blizzard. If maybe 80% of Cata players bought MoP within the first 6 months, that would be a LOT of revenue since MoP cost like $50 I believe.
    That's even making the assumption that every subscriber was paying $15/month when we know, for a fact, that they were not. China has a different subscription rate allowing them to pay less if they only play the game for 10-15 hours a month. Also, that doesn't factor in the people who paid for a 6 month sub in order to pay $12/month as opposed to the full $15. So the number is most definitely less than $120 million. In fact, the number was probably closer to the $100 million mark.

Another factor that nobody has posted is the Annual Pass that handed Blizzard a large influx of cash up front and nothing from those subscribers for the 12 months following. In September/October of 2012, people were still playing their final free months. Which means that was money that Blizzard WASN'T reporting.
    Last edited by notorious98; 2013-09-13 at 10:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MCBGamer View Post
    3. Alot more staff (Less Revenue)
    You're confusing revenue with profit.
    Revenue is how much money you get. Profit is how much money you have left after deducting expenses from revenue.

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    Another factor that nobody has posted is the Annual Pass that handed Blizzard a large influx of cash up front and nothing from those subscribers for the 12 months following. In September/October of 2012, people were still playing their final free months. Which means that was money that Blizzard WASN'T reporting.
    Incorrect. The annual pass merely prevented you from unsubscribing, it didn't affect your payment cycle.

Deleted
    Expected. New expanion=increase, expansion gets older=decrease. When will you get used to such trivial things...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Incorrect. The annual pass merely prevented you from unsubscribing, it didn't affect your payment cycle.
    prevented you from unsubscribing so yes it did affect your payment cycle.

You had to stay subed

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    True. I was thinking of Rift's Annual Pass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryzzen View Post
    I laugh at this. Way to take numbers out of context. WoW brought in $204,000,000 in the Sep-Oct 2012 timeframe, maybe because the XPAC released at that time? It doesn't say subscription revenue, just revenue. They sold roughly 3 million copies of the Xpac in that timeframe, some not in the West, which could very well make up the difference.

Even at WotLK numbers, 12 million subs, they were NEVER making $200 million per month, not even close.
    This. Someone's skewing the numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    ATVI quarterly reports say they made $151M in Q2 of 2012 from "PC online subscriptions" and $101M in Q2 of 2013, and I don't remember ATVI having any other subscription games except WoW.

So therefore your numbers are pure bullshit as is this whole thread.
    Call of Duty Elite?

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Is it just me or does no1 here know the actual meaning of revenue? Why would hiring lower revenue when revenue is money obtained before deducting expenses?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

Sensationalist Journalism Guys, nothing to see here.

Even if we assume 9 million subs x 15 = 135million, it comes no where close at the time. Expansion numbers according for a good part of it unsurprisingly. Yes, there was a drop, but they were portraying it poorly.

time to go f2p. blizzard really needs to, people are so done paying 15$ a month for a game where content is getting more and more stale every patch. especially when games like league and dota can have thousands of hours of entertainment while costing absolutely nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    revenue =/= cash flow. It doesn't matter when they received the money it would have still had to have been accrued over the period. Blizzard's financials are audited, there's no way any accounting firm is going to give the okay for them to recognize a years worth of subs up front. Especially when they have a December 31st year end, meaning it would have to have been allocated over two years. They also release quarterly reports so a portion would have to be recognized every quarter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shut the fuck up about f2p. People have missed the fucking point. There was no expansion in the time frame. Of course revenue was down. /facepalm.
    Aye mate