Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I feel it cones back to the original idea behind the faction that is the Horde today. This particular version was formed on the basis of self preservation and that this was something that could be achieved by uniting forces. That said is in the best interests of the horde as a whole to select which ever leader will aide them in this goal.I felt that was something that Garrosh seemed to forget.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will follow this as I can, I like the idea of a non-orc to sit for a while.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

It enhances the idea that the Horde is a united force rather than 'Orcs and Friends.' I like that, and I wouldn't even mind seeing the Alliance be led by something other than a Human too. I don't think there's supposed to be one prime race in the factions, and yes I know that it started with Orcs and Humans, but it has drastically evolved from that, and I welcome change like that.

Orcs aren't good at politics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, I think they'll be fine with Thrall as their racial leader.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfKnees View Post
    It enhances the idea that the Horde is a united force rather than 'Orcs and Friends.' I like that, and I wouldn't even mind seeing the Alliance be led by something other than a Human too.
    In fact I would prefer thousand times a Dwarf "leader" in the Alliance than a Human one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    In fact I would prefer thousand times a Dwarf "leader" in the Alliance than a Human one.
    Workin' on it, lad.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by Endre View Post
    Orcs are Orcs! Fucking hell, Warcraft is the only lore that has Orcs, who are fucking kitten, puppy huggers! Jesus Christ! At least one race in this game that's about WAR and people want to destroy that! Go play Hello Kitty Adventure seriously! Or rename the game, 'cause this is bullshit. Orcs need a War-hungry leader, if the whole game is based on fucking lolipops, let at least the race that's the most war-hungry, be that!
    Angry much? The game's name is indeed World of Warcraft, but that doesn't mean that 100% of the game needs to be about war 100% of the time, and that the orcs (or any other race) needs to be a blood thirsty, warmongering, savage every minute of every single day. I don't know about YOU but that would get very boring to me, very fast.

I also love how your first "Insult" is to tell someone to play hello kitty adventure, because they don't agree that the entire game should be blood gut and gore, war 24/7. Seriously, grow up. Maybe you should find a new game, if this one isn't suiting your needs, maybe go play Halo or C.o.D. (See what I did there?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

Quote Originally Posted by Endre View Post
    Orcs are Orcs! Fucking hell, Warcraft is the only lore that has Orcs, who are fucking kitten, puppy huggers! Jesus Christ! At least one race in this game that's about WAR and people want to destroy that! Go play Hello Kitty Adventure seriously! Or rename the game, 'cause this is bullshit. Orcs need a War-hungry leader, if the whole game is based on fucking lolipops, let at least the race that's the most war-hungry, be that!
    I'd be fine with warmongering orcs if blizz was willing to take my race out of the horde. but they aren't. so let's not be the stupid faction.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Workin' on it, lad.
    Dat be talkin'. Keep goin' mon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by High Priestess Ishanah View Post
    are they trying to tell us something? Do the Orcs NEED a ruler who isn't an -Orc- to avoid going evil?
    Good and bad is in the eye of the beholder. Doomhammer and Garrosh cared for their own people, so they aren't fully evil. They just wanted to conquer the other races to protect their own people from harm. Peace through strength. Pretty much how the US runs their empire in the real world.

Don't get me wrong, I'm no fan of the US. But I can't say they're totally evil either, they just have a weird skewed picture of how the world should be. Same can be said about Doomhammer and Garrosh, they're not really evil imo.

Blackhand is evil though, he only cared for himself. So technically in his own eyes he's still a good guy, but yeah... let's not get too technical.

But I do agree with your general concern that Blizzard is basically saying that the Orcs can't take care of themselves, they're not fit to rule. I think that's quite a big slap in the face for any Orc player. And seeing how Orcs are one of the two core races of the franchise, I think this decision and storyline alienate quite a number of people. I know I'm out. Warcraft isn't Orcs and Humans at the core anymore, now it's Trolls vs Humans? Guess it's a reflection of the fanbase that they've got left, internet trolls. (for the record, before someone jumps at me for that comment. It's a joke)

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    But I do agree with your general concern that Blizzard is basically saying that the Orcs can't take care of themselves, they're not fit to rule. I think that's quite a big slap in the face for any Orc player. And seeing how Orcs are one of the two core races of the franchise, I think this decision and storyline alienate quite a number of people. I know I'm out. Warcraft isn't Orcs and Humans at the core anymore, now it's Trolls vs Humans? Guess it's a reflection of the fanbase that they've got left, internet trolls. (for the record, before someone jumps at me for that comment. It's a joke)
    as an undead player, I'll be happy to share the horde's doghouse with the orcs that were so rude to me in the undercity for so many years because of putress
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

It was Durotan and Draka that demonstrated what an Orc truly is.

Durotan/Draka were incredibly intelligent - whereas the old Horde was mostly dumb as a bag of nails. Warchief Blackhand for example - was barely more intelligible than the Ogre's he allied with, he was an oaf.

Gul'dan was a loon. It was unfortunate that Ner'zhul looked past this, since Ner'zhul had a genuine heart as well. Poor Ner'zhul

Alas, the genes of Durotan and Draka were passed, and created an even more intelligent, compassionate and genuine being - Green Jesus himself.

In summary: Orc's were just incredibly unlucky, and Kil'Jaeden takes advantage of dumb and/or desperate people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nayab9 View Post
    It was Durotan and Draka that demonstrated what an Orc truly is.
    exactly, and thats why durotar is named after him, in honor of a true orc.

Durotan/Draka were incredibly intelligent - whereas the old Horde was mostly dumb as a bag of nails. Warchief Blackhand for example - was barely more intelligible than the Ogre's he allied with, he was an oaf.

Gul'dan was a loon. It was unfortunate that Ner'zhul looked past this, since Ner'zhul had a genuine heart as well. Poor Ner'zhul

Alas, the genes of Durotan and Draka were passed, and created an even more intelligent, compassionate and genuine being - Green Jesus himself.
    You mean the green jesus who brought the doomhammer down on garrosh's skull before it was parried by varian?

In summary: Orc's were just incredibly unlucky, and Kil'Jaeden takes advantage of dumb and/or desperate people.
    and now orcs have been confined to the dog house, and darkspear trolls, who have only a fraction of the long history orcs have in warcrafts story, become the ruling class. f**king marvelous..
    #boycottchina

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    The head of each of the clans is the Chieftain. The Warchief is the one in charge of all of the chieftains.

Drek'thar is chieftain of the Frostwolves
    Grom Hellscream was chieftain of the Warsong
    Jorin Deadeye is chieftain of the Bleeding Hollow clan (or whats left of it)
    Thrall was the Warchief.
    Garrosh was the Warchief.

Vol'jin is the Warchief.

The Orcs will likely get Thrall as their "High Shaman" racial leader.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post

You mean the green jesus who brought the doomhammer down on garrosh's skull before it was parried by varian?
    Realistically, he should have smashed his skull in... he won't ever let the stories Drek'Thar has told him ever become a reality again, even if that means death by head-bashing!

In reality: it would be pretty fail if Thrall executes an enemy of both factions without even a consult, I think Varian is proving a point (i.e. WE, get to have input as well, why do YOU get to kill him?)... Varian is so sexy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Orcs aren't good at politics.
    Bit of an understatement at this point.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    Where was that written? You act as if Vol'jin's character hadn't been developed for 4 years leading up to this new role. "ruling class"? Vol'jin is written as the most humble of leaders in the game. If this does happen it will just be more poor out-of-character writing for him.
    One thing's for sure, Vol'jin doesn't sound like a dictator.

We won't see Thrall in front of the throne in black armor and wielding doomhammer, but he also won't be relegated to a level 5 island either.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    and now orcs have been confined to the dog house, and darkspear trolls, who have only a fraction of the long history orcs have in warcrafts story, become the ruling class. f**king marvelous..
    Even if the Trolls end up getting the spotlight, which I doubt, there's no good reason to whine when the Orcs have been the center of attention for the whole franchise's existance. Time to let other races shine, the Horde was always about being united as one, not being under the foot of the Orcs, that was Garrosh's Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post

The Orcs will likely get Thrall as their "High Shaman" racial leader.
    That's what I think, and honestly the Orcs and Horde in general will be the better for it. Thrall being the head orc, while being able to focus more on promoting shamanism and orc-centric stuff without the burdens of being Warchief is probably the best possible scenario for their race after the damage and division caused by Garrosh.

I think Blizzard did a pretty bang-up job on Vol'Jin's character development throughout Pandaria as well, even going back to Cata. he's a much more fleshed out character now than he was back when he was pretty much just "Thrall's troll buddy", and has been shown to be highly intelligent and rational while also capable of ruthless cunning and capable of doing what it takes to win in war. I look forward to seeing where things with the Horde go from here in the next xpac.