Patch Notes 2.05

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...=1#post1428873

FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Hot Fixes (Oct. 15)
    **Playable Content**

•The quest required for promotion to second lieutenant within a Grand Company has been changed.

_____________ Before Changes_____After Changes

Quest Name___Twisted Beliefs_______Gilding the Bilious
    Requirement___Clear Amdapor Keep__Clear the Aurum Vale
    Quest Level____Level 50____________Level 47

Players who have accepted the quest Twisted Beliefs but have yet to clear Amdapor Keep are required to abandon the quest and accept the quest Gilding the Bilious.

•Airships and ferry fares have been reduced.
    Chocobo porter fees will remain the same.

•Experience received from miner and botanist guildleves has been increased.

•Additional details regarding quest progression have been added to the journal entries for the subquest A Relic Reborn.

Battle System

•In addition to improving instance server stability, additional servers have been added for the following duties:

The Wanderer's Palace
    Amdapor Keep

•The number of Allagan Tomestones of Philosophy awarded for completing the following duties has been increased:

The Wanderer's Palace
    Amdapor Keep

•The number of Allagan Tomestones of Mythology awarded for completing the following duties has been increased:

The Wanderer's Palace
    The Howling Eye (Hard)
    The Navel (Hard)

•Enemies in the following duties will now drop gil.

The Wanderer's Palace, Amdapor Keep
    Castrum Meridianum
    The Praetorium

•Mechanics and enemy positioning have been adjusted in the following duties:

The Wanderer's Palace
    Castrum Meridianum

•Karakul can now be found in the following areas:

Coerthas Central Highlands - Dragonhead
    Coerthas Central Highlands - Whitebrim
    Coerthas Central Highlands - Providence Point

•The respawn rate of diremites in the North Shroud has been adjusted.

Items

•The following changes have been made to the materia melding interface:

The order of categories in the pulldown menu has been adjusted. A confirmation window will be displayed when converting currently equipped gear into materia.

•Unused gear will be bound to a character after engaging in battle, crafting, or gathering even once, regardless of item level.

•Walnut bread is no longer sold by the Shopkeep NPC located in Eastern Thanalan - Drybone (X:13, Y:24).

System

•Experience gained by botanists and miners from level 16 onwards has been increased.

•The locations of level 30 gathering points in the Central Shroud have been adjusted.

•Enhancing effects and enfeebling effects applied to another player or enemy by your character will now always appear to the left of all other status effects underneath the target bar.

•Players will only be allowed to create a maximum of eight characters per service account every twenty-four hours.

We have confirmed that RMT groups have been abusing low-level quests to acquire gil by repeatedly recreating characters. We realize this change also affects our customers, and we ask for your understanding as we continue to implement measures to prevent RMT activities.

Hot Fixes (Link to post)

[NA] FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Hot Fixes (Oct. 15)
    The following Hot Fixes have been addressed:

•An issue wherein players were able to abandon the quest to unlock levequests.
    •An issue wherein a player walking within range of a FATE while progressing certain levequests would cause information such as the timer and progress counter to not update properly (PlayStation 3 version only).
    •An issue wherein players were unable to join an instance via the Duty Finder under certain circumstances.
    •An issue wherein players occasionally got stuck in the terrain while using the Chocobo Porter.
    •An issue wherein players were detected by monsters while using the Chocobo Porter.
    •An issue wherein aggro lines would occasionally not display properly during the instance "The Howling Eye (Hard)."
    •An issue wherein players were able to fight monsters in the instanced dungeon "Amdapor Keep" without taking any damage.
    •An issue wherein the Duty Finder would replenish party members for the instanced dungeon "Amdapor Keep" after defeating the last boss.
    •An issue wherein monsters in the instanced dungeon "Binding Coil of Bahamut - Turn 5" became immobilized under certain circumstances.
    •An issue wherein pets were unable to enter a specific room in the instanced dungeon "Haukke Manor."
    •An issue wherein chests in the instanced dungeon "The Sunken Temple of Qarn" did not include thaumaturge and arcanist weapons within the list of possible rewards.
    •An issue wherein players were not weakened after getting raised.
    •An issue wherein players were unable to use their pet’s actions while casting a spell.
    •An issue wherein the target rings and area-of-effect predictors did not display under certain circumstances.
    •An issue wherein Eos/Selene did not use Embrace to heal players under certain circumstances.
    •An issue wherein if a player crafted immediately after receiving benefits from food, the effect of crafting actions were increased by one turn.
    •An issue wherein players occasionally lost the ability to control their character when trying to meld a materia that was restored from a cracked materia.
    •An issue wherein a player’s game client would crash, or they would lose control of their character, if they initiated a trade with another player and the opposing player canceled the trade.
    •An issue wherein a player changing areas after their companion is KO’d would not be able to summon their companion.
    •An issue wherein players were able to target their minion even if it was filtered through the character configuration settings.
    •An issue wherein a player would occasionally target a pet before an enemy when attempting to target the nearest NPC/object.
    •An issue wherein if a player attempted to perform a ground-target action, a point on the ground was selected before the player actually chose it.
    •An issue wherein the game client would occasionally crash if a player inserted text via the “Enter” key under certain circumstances.
    •An issue wherein a player’s game client would occasionally crash if they moved the Duty List while in the HUD layout mode and then logged out of the game.
    •An issue wherein if a player had their screen resolution set to 480p, their chat window would shift to the right every time they logged into the game (PlayStation 3 version only).
    •An issue wherein the directional pad of a gamepad would be non-responsive when using a certain gamepad (Windows version only).
    •An issue wherein a character’s face would occasionally not display properly if the character was created using saved appearance data.
    •An issue wherein a player would occasionally lose control of the game during the character creation process.
    •An issue wherein a player would occasionally lose control of the game if they continuously attempted to login to a World that is full.
    •An issue wherein the MP value displayed on the “/macroicon” icon does not change when a player gained a level.
    •An issue wherein the text command “/macroicon ‘Jump’” did not display the correct icon.
    •An issue wherein the icon displayed via “/macroicon” did not turn red when the target was not within range.
    •An issue wherein a player would occasionally lose control of the game when they executed the text command “/hotbar” or “/crosshotbar” via their chat window.
    •An issue wherein the job levels (summoner and scholar only) displayed in the Edit Search Info interface was incorrect.
    •Grammatical errors within the text found in the Duty List, Journal, and NPC dialogue.

Countermeasures have been implemented for the following issues:

•An issue wherein a player would occasionally not be able to progress within an instanced battle.
    •An issue wherein an NPC would occasionally become non-responsive while progressing a quest.
    •An issue wherein the background music and the sound effects would not play properly under certain circumstances.
    •An issue wherein the opening would not play under certain circumstances and prevented the game from starting properly.
    Last edited by Jarinolde; 2013-10-15 at 09:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    •An issue wherein players were unable to use their pet’s actions while casting a spell.

Hell yeah! as a SCH i'm really happy with this changes!

Quote Originally Posted by athlonmax View Post

Hell yeah! as a SCH i'm really happy with this changes!
    I'm currently playing both SCH and SMN at the moment. Both this and the other change here:

System

•Enhancing effects and enfeebling effects applied to another player or enemy by your character will now always appear to the left of all other status effects underneath the target bar.
    Make me feel like:

Christmas came early this year.
    Last edited by Jarinolde; 2013-10-15 at 09:49 AM.

Deleted
    •an issue wherein players were unable to use their pet’s actions while casting a spell.
    it's happening

Quote Originally Posted by Jarinolde View Post
    I'm currently playing both SCH and SMN at the moment. Both this and the other change here:

Make me feel like:

Christmas came early this year.
    Oh I like how I thought of this gif, post my message and then it shows you posting it, lmao.

But yes, both these changes are amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm liking these changes...And the quest change should work nicely for pre 50s...Will help with CM as well as Praetorum and AK runs should be easier for new 50s as well...

However I also wish we had crystal tower this patch..
    Having a hard time with threat when people not only severely outgear me(no relic or darklight yet) as well as they often attack first....

derp /10-char
    Last edited by Papi; 2013-10-15 at 12:17 PM.

wp now more difficult than ak

drop less myth and worse gear

SE logic

at least i get darklight kite shield off tonberry king for PLD when i get it to 50, never to be heard from ever again for any reason whatsoever other than curiosity, quest or boredom of AK

Wanderer's Palace
    Philosophy: 100
    Mythology: 30

Amdapor Keep
    Philosophy: 100
    Mythology: 40

Garuda
    Philosophy: 10
    Mythology: 15

stalkers chase farther or everyone in my group was an idiot
    there are also a lot more stalkers or at least now spawn in more inconvenient locations than they did previously
    need lanterns from tonberries you killed to activate nymian generators
    tonberry king spawns 2 tonberry adds on last wave (at least it seemed like it anyway)
    a few trash mobs were altered, many of them have tonberries in them now

AK seem relatively unchanged. took in progress queue at demon wall, from there on only change i noticed was no succubus at the bridge. no changes to the Anantboga (or whatever the fuck zombie puppys name is) that I noticed

most mobs in both dungeons were dropping 30-50 gil each
    Last edited by Masochist; 2013-10-15 at 01:37 PM.

Deleted
    Aside from the lanterns and a few modifies to the trash mobs (added some, changed others) I really didn't feel any difference from old WP. Bosses and amount of stalkers were the same.

Airship prices are now 120 gil as opposed to 200.
    Boat fees are now 40 gil as opposed to 100 (tested on Limsa's Lower Deck boats, unsure of others).

Deleted
    I suppose the longer rides (like Limsa Lominsa to Vesper Bay) will be 120g too.

And the amount of gil from the trash is pretty alright now. Got 50g on an average per kill in Amdapor Keep or so, adds up to roughly 2'800g from the amount of mobs we killed.

Wanderer's Palace is still faster to do in a full relic group than Amdapor Keep, making it I think the premier dungeon to do for Mythologies and Philosophies.

Only dungeon that is currently faster is the Praetorium, and that doesn't drop items that can be worth a ton like Wanderer's Palace does.

And the amount of gil from the trash is pretty alright now. Got 50g on an average per kill in Amdapor Keep or so, adds up to roughly 2'800g from the amount of mobs we killed.