Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benitora View Post
    Addons are usually more a "Get this done easier", rather than complete cheating.
    There was a few addons before that I would say where directly cheating, such as the one that allowed people to draw circles on the ground, which showed exactly how big the AOE of bosses and such where.
    VBM was almost like cheating as well when that addon was still being supported (Don't know if it still is though), as it made fights practically a walk in the park.

But addons like Sexymap, Combuctor, Bagnon and the like is not what I would compare with cheating.

that was avr and blizzard pretty much does that for you now tell you exactly how big the aoe and how big your explosion will be. I remember when that addon came out the 25 man guild I was in used it. The officers made the macros and all that jazz and we are ready to pull h sindragosa. what does out mt do? make a macro to wipe all of them and put his own with a penis and a vagina....that addon was too much fun to draw random shit
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

My whole current UI, lol.

But now I serious. Bartender4, OmniCC, and Atlasloot. Although, I am growing rather fond of the MogIt addon.....

Deleted
    To be honest, the game is meant to be played without addons. Addons only serve to dumb down the game and then so called 'elitists' claim the game is too easy. Pretty weak argument honestly.

Pretty much all raiding I ever done was without addons. And it's perfectly viable.
    Heck, the addon I got the most enjoyment out of was probably the Peggle/Bejeweled one, so I could do something while waiting for people.

15+ Year Old Account
    AG_Unitframes (Hence I still use it while the last update was like 2 years ago :P Still hasn't broken, I only have to guess when exactly I hit 3 shadow orbs whenever I play offspec since it doesn't have that graphic built in, being so old :P).

And Grid, can't really heal without it anymore, would take me a long while to adapt I guess, going from CT_Raidframes in vanilla to grid in TBC really took a long time to get used it back then as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bartender is only one that is must have.
    I like sandwiches

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    To be honest, the game is meant to be played without addons. Addons only serve to dumb down the game and then so called 'elitists' claim the game is too easy. Pretty weak argument honestly.

Pretty much all raiding I ever done was without addons. And it's perfectly viable.
    Heck, the addon I got the most enjoyment out of was probably the Peggle/Bejeweled one, so I could do something while waiting for people.
    No to be honest... The game is not "meant" to be played without addons. If that were true then Blizzard would not give us an interface and APIs to write addons with and all addons would be not available to us.

While some addons do simplify aspects of the game, most enhance and customize the UI to our liking.
    Fanboy (Fanboi):
    1. A term used towards someone when a person disagrees with the said someone on a subject, person, place, thing, company, or product line and they are not smart enough to debate their counterpoints or facts, so they resort to childish name calling in hopes of shaming others into silence and thus them winning through dominance.* 2. A term used as a taunt/peer pressure technique to shape popular opinion through shame and humiliation.

Deleted
    fubar - cause every other bar like titan, chocolate etc just behaves and looks like shit compared to fubar

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Your argument is the weakest Ive EVER seen against addons - please explain how addons that display your gmate, firends and how much cash u have at one glance "dumb down" the game???