Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Razael View Post
    Dungeons in GW2 never struck me as anything particularly fun with the combat system the game has. I did AC, i did the 2nd one, the Manor or what not, did some Fractals, did CoF , and did Arah SM and none of those were particularly something i enjoyed . I did like the one in the End of Flame and Frost , but that was about it. When my guild says LF1 CoE/HotW/Arah Exp/TA etc i think to myself : "I could run those.. get the achievements, see how it is, my guild can clear it easy.. but ehhh nahh". I think GW2s strong with the World feel imo, the instanced parts aren't so well done, including Personal story. But this is just me ofc.
    The flame and frost dungeon is the only dungeon I felt they did an encounter right with the combat system they have.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    The dungeons I HATED in Rift or Warcraft were like the ones when you had to fly a dragon, put turrets all over the place or do the dungeon as a goddamn robot/tank. Or jumping all over the place like it's fucking Mario Bros. 2. I don't find minigames and out-of-class elements all that engaging in MMOs.
    I agree with you there.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    just got done not completing the dungeon after about 5 hours.

yeah, skipping dungeons from now on
    Ouch. I'm skipping this whole event. In the back of my mind I hear people saying, "Every LS update can't be directed at everyone." This one definitely isn't directed at me.

Quote Originally Posted by Razael View Post
    Dungeons in GW2 never struck me as anything particularly fun with the combat system the game has.

I think GW2s strong with the World feel imo, the instanced parts aren't so well done, including Personal story.
    Agreed, though I liked the personal story up until post-Claw Island.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Seriously, why did everything have to go to shit after Claw Island, heh.
    Oh, let's see...

1. They killed off arguably the best NPCs in the game.
    2. Trahearne became your new BFF (whether you liked it or not).
    3. The entire story shifted from having anything to do with you to everything to do with Risen & Zhaitan (& Trahearne).
    4. If you did manage to find another likeable NPC it was a sure sign they'd be dying in the very next installment. (At this point I stopped caring about the characters because the writers had made them all temporary/disposable.)
    5. Zhaitan, Zhaitan, Zhaitan. Risen, Risen, Risen. Trahearne, Trahearne, Trahearne.

Basically, after Claw Island it ceases to be your personal story anymore and is more of a seemingly neverending narrative on point #5.

But maybe yours was a rhetorical question.

just got done not completing the dungeon after about 5 hours.

yeah, skipping dungeons from now on
    Do you mean to say you were in the dungeon or looking for a group for 5 hours?

Both seem absurd.

Do you mean to say you were in the dungeon or looking for a group for 5 hours?

Both seem absurd.
    Probably a combination of the two.

I had a similar experience because a couple of my friends weren't on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    I'll detail how my run went.
    step 1: the usual LFG hastle
    step 2: DC after slick and be forced to restart
    step 3: usual LFG hastle again
    step 4: Dungeon host leaves at the second boss
    step 5: LFG hastle AGAIN
    step 6: Kill final boss

I won't go into detail with how stupid the warriors were that tagged along but let's say that "kiting" apparently is a top player skill...
    Is the summary. In length basically everything that could go wrong did go wrong.
    1. Our guardian thought bringing sota for kiting oozes(puzzle thingy) was "cheating" (facepalmed hard)
    2. Warriors didn't understand that Lava Ele = enemy, Ooze = friend
    3. Boss fight, people spending their entire life in sword/shield or rifle (standing still to use kill-shot, CRINGE)
    4. Boss fight (still), not kiting the ooze to get rid off the oil
    5. Getting blown up by capacitors every single time
    6. Renn had to be ranged for god knows what reason...
    7. Security room, war kept killing the projections
    8. Clockheart, idiots kept killing npcs without the boss being close/having the shield
    9. Clockheart, idiots used nothing but range
    10. Idiots don't see npc's (even when they're being marked)

(after 6attempts on clock 2warriors asked "so what do we do with the NPC, I had already explained it during the first fight, after the first wipe and every try after that...)
    So yea I can imagine spending 5h "doing" the dungeon.
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

2. Warriors didn't understand that Lava Ele = enemy, Ooze = friend
    I've done this 3 times to get blue weapons (which nothing dropped btw) and every single warrior killed the oozes. Like what the hell...

Well I had just joined a new guild so I went on a guild run with this. So at least it wasn't plagued with rage quitters. And we definitely didn't have an optimum group. Most of the hangup was on the blob/gate thing, and then the last boss. The last boss didn't seem difficult to me but somehow my group had all kinds of problems with it.

I don't really have an issue with any of the mechanics, except the blob gate encounter, that one was just tedious. I hated the glitch with the pop-up platforms with the last room though, that irritated me more than anything.

Anyway, I'm fine with a couple of hours but the length of time it took, and we didn't even kill the last boss, was just way too much. It sort of mirrors my experience at release with the few dungeons I did, not a pleasant experience.

Well I had just joined a new guild so I went on a guild run with this. So at least it wasn't plagued with rage quitters. And we definitely didn't have an optimum group. Most of the hangup was on the blob/gate thing, and then the last boss. The last boss didn't seem difficult to me but somehow my group had all kinds of problems with it.

I don't really have an issue with any of the mechanics, except the blob gate encounter, that one was just tedious. I hated the glitch with the pop-up platforms with the last room though, that irritated me more than anything.

Anyway, I'm fine with a couple of hours but the length of time it took, and we didn't even kill the last boss, was just way too much. It sort of mirrors my experience at release with the few dungeons I did, not a pleasant experience.
    You have to melee last boss or else he summons gears which will give you torment and bleeding and cripple, just whenever he moves his arms run behind him. Then just have 1 person hit holograms and los it to the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    You have to melee last boss or else he summons gears which will give you torment and bleeding and cripple, just whenever he moves his arms run behind him. Then just have 1 person hit holograms and los it to the boss.
    oh I understood it all, and I was always the last one standing, but I'm just one person of 5. Everyone knew the deal, the execution wasn't there though.

I might try it again, I've calmed down after a nights sleep. I'll probably try it with a different class though as we definitely had a less than ideal group comp.
    Last edited by Valeron; 2013-10-02 at 03:59 PM.

oh I understood it all, and I was always the last one standing, but I'm just one person of 5. Everyone knew the deal, the execution wasn't there though.

I might try it again, I've calmed down after a nights sleep. I'll probably try it with a different class though as we definitely had a less than ideal group comp.
    We did the dungeon as an Ele, Mesmer, Ranger and 2 Warrior group. Which is what we do almost all dungeons as if our Engineer guildie is not online. I don't know of any GW2 dungeon we can not complete.

I shot everything with a rifle and used 100 Blades whenever we had to stack on a boss for melee in TA. To be honest, I am not sure what the mechanics for most of the dungeon were. It all died pretty fast and there wasn't anything I found vexing. Moving out of stuff and so forth. Standard stuff.

Not sure how the dungeon could last 5 hours. I would say try some dungeons with players motivated to do that type of content rather than allow your experience to be marred by a bad group.

Not sure how the dungeon could last 5 hours. I would say try some dungeons with players motivated to do that type of content rather than allow your experience to be marred by a bad group.
    I'll definitely give it a go again but I do hope to find a more "appropriate" group for it. The group we had was a mesmer, engineer, 2 rangers, and an elementalist (me). Looking back on it I probably should have switched to my warrior although I don't think I was the problem (maybe I was, who knows).

I'm eager on doing the dungeon with the usual group of people I run with. I'm confident we can zerg down
    Slick and Zippo.

The funny thing is that ele, ranger, mes, double war is one of the best DPS groups out there (provided they use the right builds)
    Spotter, Empower Allies, Banner of Discipline, Banner of Strength, Lightning Hammer, Fiery GreatSword, TW, FeedBack,...

Ranger makes it so you can run Bloodlust instead of Perception which has quite an impact. Ele makes stacking might+fury incredibly easy,...
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

You can't zerg slick and zippo. Well 4 people at a time can but at least 1 person has to do oil, he summons more oils the lower is hp :l

With the pugs we managed to zerg them both to 30% HP...

How is it possible to zerg something that has a player limit of 5?

I am not aware it is possible to have more players engage the encounter beyond that limitation.

I'd be tempted to bring in my thief, as it is my highest damage character by far, but it is the squishiest and one misstep from me and I'm down.

zerk*

(btw on the right side near the pheromone is a tree. LoS pull behind that = win)

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    With the pugs we managed to zerg them both to 30% HP...
    and then you died by too many toxic fumes

?

We only had something like 13 or so but yea. I'm pretty confident we can avoid the 10stacks with a skilled guard who knows when to pop aegis

when we killed the toxic fumes guy, we just stacked everyone near him, dodge the oil blob's attack, and killed him. It was fairly easy doing that. We killed the fire guy first though, he went down pretty quick.