Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orly View Post
    You do realize you would've got the buff instead of them if you would've taken them seriously from the start and popped CDs when they did so you would not have let your warr drop below 70%? Do you even know how that sounds? " I rolled with a warr as hpala vs 2 tank druids and got outdpsed." 2 tanks...outdpsing a healer team. Daaaaamn.

All I hear about this buff is people whining that some teams melt their faces because they took the buff seriously and you didn't, because I doubt you people found about the buff only AFTER you got owned by it.

but that's one thing that I really hate about the buff. it g force Healer style to be change all together. ie offensive healer now cant let their food to drop lie while dpsing, ccing, n etc. which is really lame on that aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by MuskiER View Post
    but that's one thing that I really hate about the buff. it g force Healer style to be change all together. ie offensive healer now cant let their food to drop lie while dpsing, ccing, n etc. which is really lame on that aspect.
    Yeah...it forces you to pay attention and take it seriously, not to mention have second thoughts about playing defensive. I'm quite tired of players drinking or pillar humping, to be frank.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ipoststuff View Post
    I like this addition. It may have some downsides but mostly it is for the better.
    i have the exact same feelings. mostly ment to deter jerks from turtling for a tie.

the funny part is that blizz says they balance the game around top end pvp'er and regular people always gripe about it(me included). this time they're going against the top end pvp'ers and doing this for the masses. which people are still complaining about. irony at its finest.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoGhost View Post
    i have the exact same feelings. mostly ment to deter jerks from turtling for a tie.

the funny part is that blizz says they balance the game around top end pvp'er and regular people always gripe about it(me included). this time they're going against the top end pvp'ers and doing this for the masses. which people are still complaining about. irony at its finest.
    Mostly just high-end pvpers complain about this, because it screwed their turtling/pillar-humping/stalling tacts. Hah.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    bah stupid phone and their auto correct. drinking are easily preventable. so either pressure the heck out of the dps or actually stop then from drinking by keeping the healer in combat. there's so many way to do that. Also the buff encourage the p lay style you hate even , more

bah stupid phone and their auto correct. drinking are easily preventable. so either pressure the heck out of the dps or actually stop then from drinking by keeping the healer in combat. there's so many way to do that. Also the buff encourage the p lay style you hate even , more
    I just can't seem to tie burst or high damage to stalling/pillar-humping in the same sentence. Whoever pulls off both deserves to win.

10+ Year Old Account
    my new play style for 2s is to never play double dps ever again, when i know ill have a much better chance at winning if in the long run if i play healer/dps.

Play your hardest from sec 1 and you'll get the buff and the win. Stall and lose and go cry on forums if you enter arenas with any other thought than that.
    So you don't see anything wrong with "play your hardest for 1 sec and then turtle for 899 sec"?

You pretty much highlighted exactly how people are abusing this buff at high ratings.

You can't turtle and nuke at the same time. You either have periods of damage, or periods of healing. The monk, who was with a healer, played as defensively as 2 dps (read: turtling as much) when in fact he should've been the one going for the kill because he's backed up by a fucking healer. Instead, he did 2/3 of each of the opposite team member's healing, and pulled out less dps than either of them. While backed by a healer. That YELLS turtling and pillar humping to me.

If the lock and the druid turtled AND at the same time managed to pull out more dps than the monk, each of them, then they deserved to win. Period.
    what are dots for 500 alex

Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    So you don't see anything wrong with "play your hardest for 1 sec and then turtle for 899 sec"?

You pretty much highlighted exactly how people are abusing this buff at high ratings.
    So what would happen if you would turtle for 1sec and play your hardest for 899? Would they still get the buff?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    what are dots for 500 alex
    Just in: dispells now remove ALL dots.
    Just in #2: priests have 2 dispells.

what is ua?!?! and md double ua is a good way to die; also you can get 3 sets of dots up for the time it takes the cd to come up.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    what is ua?!?! and md double ua is a good way to die; also you can get 3 sets of dots up for the time it takes the cd to come up.
    So you narrowed it down to just a single case when you meet a single class with a single spec. Rock, paper, scissors, anyone?

10+ Year Old Account
    So you narrowed it down to just a single case when you meet a single class with a single spec. Rock, paper, scissors, anyone?
    rock paper scissors warlock in this case.

I think this buff is proof that if you whine hard enough, eventually someone will give you what you want so that you go away.

WAHHHHHH... I had 15 minutes and couldn't kill the other team, and I lost points for not winning! I want a buff to help me one shot people if I can't win in 15 minutes! I don't want to lose points just because I couldn't win! It if their fault I couldn't win! They played the wrong comp for me to be able to win so it would have been their fault that I lost points! The ONLY people who deserve to win are the ones that burst really hard! SEE! I JUST TOLD YOU WHY I NEED MY BUFF! GIVE IT TO ME!

Quote Originally Posted by virens View Post
    I think this buff is proof that if you whine hard enough, eventually someone will give you what you want so that you go away.

WAHHHHHH... I had 15 minutes and couldn't kill the other team, and I lost points for not winning! I want a buff to help me one shot people if I can't win in 15 minutes! I don't want to lose points just because I couldn't win! It if their fault I couldn't win! They played the wrong comp for me to be able to win so it would have been their fault that I lost points! The ONLY people who deserve to win are the ones that burst really hard! SEE! I JUST TOLD YOU WHY I NEED MY BUFF! GIVE IT TO ME!
    I hope you're being obtuse on purpose.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

Quote Originally Posted by Kals View Post
    http://www.twitch.tv/crumpt/c/2951497

I'll just leave this here.
    I knew something like this would eventually happen. sooner than expected really

Quote Originally Posted by Shayand View Post
    I very much like this new system, 100% more logical than wasting 25 minutes and then both teams get minus points. Though it is true, that this makes turtling a lot more desirable after a certain amount of time, given that you are on the winning side.

I have some bad experience too, to be honest. We (resto shaman and arms warrior) managed to encounter a double blood DK setup, which was absolutely ridiculous. 4 death grip's, 2 blanket silences, 2 interrupts, 2 stuns, free aoe heals (blood worms), unpenetrable blood shields, the warrior on my team couldn't even scratch them.

In the opening we instantly got bursted/cced down to like 40% health, whereas none of their health bar went below 80% during the course of a 7 minute long game. At that point I just quitted the hell out of that bullshit (as of course the smart crowd would have chosen them). To my mind, this is very much on the line of abuse/clever use of game mechanics. Perhaps they can be beaten after all, Though I REALLY doubt that any setup could prove deadly to two blood dks, given the amount of CC and damage they can pull off even without vengeance, so blizz ought to do something about this. The exclusion of two tank specced players would be a start.
    Im confused , "given that you are on the winning side" do u not understand the point that , IF UR TEAM DOES NOT KILL THE OTHER TEAM , U DO NOT DESERVE TO GET POINTS, its the most simple concept in a game and ur not understanding it , IT is HORRIBLE , and needs to be removed ASAP.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoGhost View Post

Its now turned into "turtling for a win". I cannot see in any world HOW this is good game design, literally blizz if ur reading this , REMOVE it right now HOTFIX it out , i can almost guarantee that 80% of pvpers , hate this addition to the game.

Had an unholy dk/holy priest pop all their cds with tons of necros and force a spirit link on me and my partner earlier on then proceeded to sit in blood presence and turtle until they got the buff :/. In all honesty they probably would have beaten us if they just played it out. I'm a bit torn on it atm had it benefit me where a resto druid let his partner die and proceeded to kite around pillars for the next 5 minutes and the buff allowed me to kill him.

I think they released this a bit prematurely, it needs to take alot more into account than how low you got someone. Otherwise you can just abuse it as i mentioned earlier with the dk/hpriest.

Quote Originally Posted by Dald View Post
    I hope you're being obtuse on purpose.
    There is nothing obtuse about my argument. I'm from the days of "Game Over" in video games, when the only way to win was to actually win in the current setting. The game didn't get progressively easier for you if you couldn't do it and almost wasn't good enough.

Coming from that school of thought a win was worth points, and anything that wasn't a win was a loss. This buff changes the concept of what a win is. You don't *have* to kill the other team to win, because if you meet the requirements a kill will be handed to you.

All this buff says is that blizzard will not make a game where someone is allowed to fail. Someone will always get the points, and if you can't get them through a kill on your own, the game will pick someone to give those points to. If that raid boss won't die, you will be buffed and the boss will be nerfed until you can do it. There are comps that are hard to near impossible to kill, but instead of addressing and fixing individual balance issues (making average kills easier for the average player), the solution that blizzard came up with is well, umm... SOMEONE WINS EVERY TIME! There ya go.

There is nothing obtuse about thinking that someone shouldn't get full points if they can't land a kill without the Middle Finger of God Buff.

10+ Year Old Account
    i can almost guarantee that 80% of pvpers
    lol no you can not. Games rarely last 15mins and the team getting the TCCY buff deserved winning more that the other.