Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    were you doing this test at school or at home?
    If you were at school yes I could see anything on ur screen if I wanted.
    If you did it at home or away from school then the only thing I can think of is if u were copy / pasting
    theres way to detect tab browsing
    also if it was copy pasting and u finished the test fast and submitted well it doesnt take someone to say hey he did this test in 20 seconds hes either a genius or a cheater.

Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    Cheating is for opportunists.
    And opportunists are losers who think they are winners.

Blackboard does not track what you're doing whilst taking the test. However, if you obtained a perfect score in a very short amount of time, it's highly likely the teacher will suspect you of cheating.

All of my online classes have used blackboard and allow testing at home (obviously, as it's an online course) which means the test is expected to be open notes/internet/book. Outright copying someone else's answers violates the Code of Conduct I agreed to, however. Several of my classes have also used blackboard to give practice exams and the real exam has almost always pulled questions from the pool put on blackboard, but these have never been open book/notes, just rote memorization.

In one particularly easy A case, an open book/notes test was literally the exact questions (without numbers changed) from sample questions put on the school's wiki page and I had them printed out for reference. This didn't violate the CoC because the answers were literally part of my notes.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    First of all, Blackboard is a shitty shitty website for test-taking. Jesus fuck, it's always down.

Secondly, it's an online class of course they know people will just google shit up. In the end, you're the looser since you don't really learn material
    You realize blackboard is merely web software, correct? You don't go to an external server (at least, not in the two schools I've attended) but to a webserver owned and operated by the school which hosts the blackboard software. What you said is akin to saying vBulletin sucks (forum software) because you belong to a forum that uses vBulletin but it's always down.
    Last edited by Dirgon; 2013-09-23 at 12:31 AM.

isnt that what online test are for. same with my favorite type of test.....take home test lol
    HAKUNA MATATA... IT MEANS NO WORRIES FOR THE REST OF YOUR DAYS

Quote Originally Posted by Hogmanlolz View Post
    I accept full responsibility if or when I get caught. But my question is how can they prove I did. I took the test on a site called blackboard(http://www.blackboard.com/) . It was not taken on a lockdown browser. I did however have the answers to the test in an email that was open while I was taking the test. Can they really see what websites/ windows were open?

My stupidity was beyond me, if I don't get caught ill tell on myself it wasnt fair to other students.
    First I was like then I was like then I thought

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    In that case the loser will still be winning after the winner started losing.
    Nope, the winner will always win, while the loser will win at first but lose eventually because surviving based on cheating hasn't really enough stability to be worth it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    Im in Med School. My current semester (2nd) is the toughest on the study and the following (3rd) is the easiest (out of 12). Rest are in between.

If you are asking what classes i have this semester that would be: Macro Anatomy, Micro Anatomy, Medical Genetics, Patient contact and communcation. Also various bouts of laboratory exercises and a couple of weeks of cutting dead people open.

My next semester is going to be: Biochemistry. Thats it. Well also some random class you can pick yourself out of 4 different which you pass by showing up and they only included it to get the 5 last ECTS points since Biochemistry is 25 and you need 30.

Im really looking forward to next semester...
    Oh never mind then. I thought we were talking about classes that use Blackboard. Sorry I misunderstood you.

Also just the name of those classes hurt my head.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Knight Gil View Post
    Nope, the winner will always win, while the loser will win at first but lose eventually because surviving based on cheating hasn't really enough stability to be worth it.
    We are talking about cheating on an online quiz. Chill.

Tbh, I'm pretty chill. Now this kind of random "umad" posts that come out of nowhere are the thing that is really, really capable of pissing someone off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight Gil View Post
    Tbh, I'm pretty chill. Now this kind of random "umad" posts that come out of nowhere are the thing that is really, really capable of pissing someone off.
    It isn't a "umad" post. It is a stop overreacting post. We aren't talking about anything important here.

Go take your holier-than-though attitude elsewhere.

We are talking about cheating on an online quiz.
    A college freshman or sophomore isn't going to understand the value of knowing when something needs true effort and putting it forth appropriately. I'm totally a fan of being "intelligently lazy", but not at that age. Parroting this argument about intelligence, regardless of context, isn't helping either. Cheating on anything, even some stupid blackboard test, is an exercise in poor habits on things that matter.

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm an Engineer, which took me 5 years to become. The only exam during those 5 years that would depend mostly on memorization alone was Material Technology, a course you would still need basic understanding in order to suceed.

It boggles my mind that people would want to cheat their way through college or university. Have you not understood the part where you're supposed to know stuff when entering the job market? I'm not going to name any degrees in particular, but I can clearly see a trend in who cheats and the degree taken through closely monitoring similar threads. Shame on you.

I suppose this is the direction the youth is lead nowadays, the easiest route to a degree possible by either cheating or relying on others to do the work.

Oh never mind then. I thought we were talking about classes that use Blackboard. Sorry I misunderstood you.

Also just the name of those classes hurt my head.

- - - Updated - - -

You talked of "tests" and asked what level i was at. Not much about Blackboard in there...

My macro anatomy exam is basically memorization + a bit of concept. You go down into a room with 16 different stations (2 surface pictures, 3 scans or x rays, 11 body parts), and have to identify marked structures. Then there are 3-4 questions with some sort of relation to the marked structure.

In micro anatomy it was just a multiple choice, this year its oral, but there its not just questions pulled from a book. Its loads of pictures where they ask you to identify things too among others and the rest is random general knowledge in the subject divided into cell biology, histology and embryology. If you get no questions right in either of those parts you automatically fail even if you get all right in the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Hogmanlolz View Post
    I accept full responsibility if or when I get caught. But my question is how can they prove I did. I took the test on a site called blackboard(http://www.blackboard.com/) . It was not taken on a lockdown browser. I did however have the answers to the test in an email that was open while I was taking the test. Can they really see what websites/ windows were open?

My stupidity was beyond me, if I don't get caught ill tell on myself it wasnt fair to other students.

Hey its your money and your permanent record. If you have a lot of cash to burn, you might as well light your cigars with the bills. Personally, I've cheated on most of my online tests and don't feel bad about it. Never cheated on the classroom tests though. I think if the course allows you to do the test online then its not considered to be a very important course of your curriculum.

Im pretty sure everybody has cheated on blackboard. Although i never have test on them i do have quizes and open book test, so at that point the internet is an option. Its not really cheating.

Quote Originally Posted by Pancha View Post
    It boggles my mind that people would want to cheat their way through college or university. Have you not understood the part where you're supposed to know stuff when entering the job market? I'm not going to name any degrees in particular, but I can clearly see a trend in who cheats and the degree taken through closely monitoring similar threads. Shame on you.

I suppose this is the direction the youth is lead nowadays, the easiest route to a degree possible by either cheating or relying on others to do the work.
    Don't blame it solely on the youth, it is the whole system. Employers equal the degree with qualification, so universities deliver.
    Of course I might have a negative picture, but it is my personal experience: professors caring more about the standards and correctness of their multiple choice test than about the content, exams with fill-the-blanks questions and courses that teach five or more years outdated web programming knowledge.

What I dislike is the environment where you no longer learn to understand the bigger picture and how to work with it, but to prove that you can memorise whatever they present you.

In my oppion the notion of "why do they teach us that, I will never need it" stems from exactly this lack of bigger picture.
    Yes you will most likely never need that again and if you do, you are able to look it up in a book, but how could you even consider it if you never heard about it before?

They can't see anything unless they have a program installed where they can see/monitor what's going on on their school computers. Most modern IT rooms have some sort of surveillance program running in the background. After all, those are their computers.

On the other hand, if you did the test from your own laptop, there's no way that they can know you cheated.

What kind of teacher lets you take a crucial test over Blackboard with internet access anyway?

Tbh if you manage to pass some exam with cheating, there is nothing wrong with it. If you ever need to know the things that were in that exam in real life situation, you will learn them or fail, anyway its you choice and will impact your life.

Also in many jobs after you are done with college/school there is a period in which you learn the job and how to do it and while the thing you learned sure helps, if you skipped some class by cheating you will have to learn it anyway to be able to do the job, or just fail and get fiered.

I agree that it isn't fair to the other students, but you have gotten away with it. Life doesn't give a shit if you cheat or not to get the top, you may think that's unfair, but guess what? Life isn't fair! Better to learn that early.
    IMA CHARGIN MY FIREBALL!!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    You do realize blackboard tests aren't even taken seriously since they're usually worth barely anything in the grand scheme of things...(well in my case, they're usually 1-5% of the subject).

Deleted
    Why cheat, its pointless, just use that big ol' brain of yours !