Page 1 of 10
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Should I tell my boss?

A bit of context. I'm working as a concierge at a fancy condo during the overnights. So lately (over a couple weeks) a trend has started with a lawyer type dude in the building.

Here are the facts

1) Every night I work at 0200 (approx) a white 4door car pulls up to the front.
    2) He comes down from his condo
    3) He has an exchange with person in said car for roughly a minute
    4) He reenters the building and uses the ground floor public washroom
    5) I heard fairly loud snorting noises coming from the washroom

So the obvious conclusion is that he is doing some kind of nasal drug. (coke? maybe?) Granted, I could be wrong. Should I tell my boss? I figure it isn't my business and I should stay out of it. At the same time it's clearly a drug deal going on right in front of the building every night.
    You make me smile with my heart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Every single night? God damn, why not just buy in bulk? Surely even drug dealers give you a price break at some point?

I dunno, I think you should maybe say something. I guess there is a slight chance of a misunderstanding here. But smart money is that it's at least a drug deal, possibly something even more sinister (I mean really, every single night? That's absurd!)

So yeah. Maybe you should say something.

Unless he is causing problems I wouldn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

Deleted
    Best thing to do is not talk about it. If it is drugs and you tell/snitch on some one your f@cked big time.

On the one hand it is would be the morally right thing to do to tell your boss.

On the other hand you don't want to get mixed up with someone with money who does drugs.

I'd stay safe

If you decide to tell your boss, I would do it very diplomatically, and make it very clear that you don't actually know what's going on. People assume things all the time that aren't true. If your boss decides to confront him and it's actually something else going on, it'll just make things worse for everybody.

Only if he violates hotel policy like pooping on the walls.
    Otherwise, he knows it's you that said something and might do something about it being a lawyer

Note down the license plate, inform the cops and have them stake it out when you're not on duty.

sorry, nothing's obvious or clear till you see it with your own eyes. casting suspicion on someone, that could cost him his job, just because you have a hunch and lots of circumstantial evidence is unfair.

Quote Originally Posted by rnbwtrout View Post
    sorry, nothing's obvious or clear till you see it with your own eyes. casting suspicion on someone, that could cost him his job, just because you have a hunch and lots of circumstantial evidence is unfair.
    Whaaaa? You understand that's how most crimes are found out right? Also it won't cost him his job unless, you know..he is guilty of a crime.

Honestly? Do nothing. Your boss already knows, and hasn't done anything about it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Åmbulance View Post
    Whaaaa? You understand that's how most crimes are found out right? Also it won't cost him his job unless, you know..he is guilty of a crime.
    Obviously reputation means nothing to you

Once you've been accused of something the stigma always remains.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuukon View Post
    Honestly? Do nothing. Your boss already knows, and hasn't done anything about it.
    Sounds awfully similar to Penn St and the whole Sandusky issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nyxxi View Post
    Obviously reputation means nothing to you

Once you've been accused of something the stigma always remains.
    That's a good reason not to say something /smh

10+ Year Old Account
    If you think it (meaning the potential drug visitations) could potentially harm the business, do so. I know i wouldn't want to stay somewhere a drug dealer visits nightly.

Deleted
    Phone police, Explain everything anonymously as one of the residents.
    Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Åmbulance View Post
    That's very naive of you.

Personally I wouldn't tell anyone. You don't know anything illegal is going on while it is suspicious. If it bothers you mention something casually in conversion with your boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginantonicus View Post
    That's very naive of you.
    Please explain further.

Quote Originally Posted by Henock View Post
    So the obvious conclusion is that he is doing some kind of nasal drug. (coke? maybe?) Granted, I could be wrong. Should I tell my boss? I figure it isn't my business and I should stay out of it. At the same time it's clearly a drug deal going on right in front of the building every night.
    Make an anonymous call to the police, tell them what's going down, let them decide. That's why they're the pros. Don't jeopardize your job or get yourself involved in the matter at all. Just tell the police to check it out a couple of nights at that time, shouldn't take too much effort.
    Last edited by Slant; 2013-09-23 at 07:36 AM.

If it's suspicious behavior then report it to your boss, don't limp dick around the whole situation. Mention it to your boss and let him decide how to proceed.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Quote Originally Posted by rnbwtrout View Post
    The interesting part is if the police recognises that car. The lawyer is of no interest to them. He's one user. The police is going to be interested in who's selling the shit. And if it's someone they already suspect, great. If they don't know him, super, they can start investigating him and what's best, they already know one place where he'll frequently be available for convenient arrest.