Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Bottom of Arctic and Antarctic Oceans?

From my google searches it seems that there really isn't much research that is publicly provided on these subjects, yes you get the bottom water for the Antarctic but regarding pictures and such there isn't much to go by. I've heard there is huge volcanic activity on both ends but there just doesn't seem to be many photos on the subject outside of graphs and what not. What do you guys think? Are you curious as to what kind of life is down there etc.?
    Hey everyone

Deleted
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

The holes that lead to the hollow earth inner are located there.

The Nazies used flying saucers to hide in there which is why there are no pictures. Or did they go to the moon?

Sedimentary rock, bottom-feeding protozoa, and all sorts of things bottom-of-oceany?

Quote Originally Posted by Valort View Post
    all sorts of things bottom-of-oceany?

It has product placement.

Quote Originally Posted by Valort View Post
    Sedimentary rock, bottom-feeding protozoa, and all sorts of things bottom-of-oceany?
    Don't forget the middle earth people and the tall greys.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aang View Post
    Are you curious as to what kind of life is down there etc.?
    Penquins, seals, whales, colossal squid? There should also be some exotic microbial life in some of the water reserves locked between layers of ice. Also, apparently with all the ice melted Antartica would be a bunch of small islands close together. What more do you want to know? It's not that exciting. Well, if you're into really exotic biological stuff it is. But it's not like it's filled with all kinds of monsters.

Quote Originally Posted by Aang View Post
    From my google searches it seems that there really isn't much research that is publicly provided on these subjects, yes you get the bottom water for the Antarctic but regarding pictures and such there isn't much to go by. I've heard there is huge volcanic activity on both ends but there just doesn't seem to be many photos on the subject outside of graphs and what not. What do you guys think? Are you curious as to what kind of life is down there etc.?
    The bottom of any ocean is a fairly boring place, I would imagine.

Its a vast, featureless abyssal plain - void of most life above microbial level, lacking any significant geological features other than cracks and vents in the ocean floor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Geologically, the bottom of the ocean, regardless of location, is pretty boring. Long stretches of desert-like nothingness occasionally interrupted with mountains and valleys. There's little to no plant life as it is too far from the sun, save non-photosynthetic life that lives around some incredibly deep volcanic vents. There isn't much in the way of fish life either, as it's too cold for a lot of fish, and there's no food.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Elder Things. There are photos, its just that any one who sees them goes crazy.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Deleted
    Zombies. I think.

Last time I was down there, I had a McDonalds before I went shopping in Tescos

Those companies are everywhere

That is not dead which can eternal lie, yet with stranger eons, even death may die.

personally im wondering why we arnt asking the same questions about the mariana trench, nothing we've made has been strong enough to reach the bottom in 1 piece... perfect place for a alien underwater base? me thinks so..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Elder Things. There are photos, its just that any one who sees them goes crazy.
    You know, just this month lots of Elder Things have been found, dead and frozen, on the shores of Antarctica...
    They claim these were just sea stars though.

Quote Originally Posted by Onslaught49 View Post
    personally im wondering why we arnt asking the same questions about the mariana trench, nothing we've made has been strong enough to reach the bottom in 1 piece... perfect place for a alien underwater base? me thinks so..
    What are you talking about? Mariana trench has been conquered by man. Hell, even James Cameron went down there recently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Things that shouldn't be disturbed. For even the great Assad and Rebels and even Vladmir wouldn't challenge them.

#TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Why that's where Santa goes scuba-diving, of course.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Geologically, the bottom of the ocean, regardless of location, is pretty boring. Long stretches of desert-like nothingness occasionally interrupted with mountains and valleys. There's little to no plant life as it is too far from the sun, save non-photosynthetic life that lives around some incredibly deep volcanic vents. There isn't much in the way of fish life either, as it's too cold for a lot of fish, and there's no food.
    There is a surprising amount of animal life on the abyssal plains, and there is a decent amount of food that falls from the upper zones.

Interesting topic. I'm no marine biologist but it'd be cool to be able to explore someday, even if there wasn't much exciting down there. The vastness and majesty of the oceans is pretty incredible.