Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bibly View Post
    Tanking in LFR is not worth it because of the PLAYERS. Not much Blizzard can do about them
    Can't even solo tank it either - if you could solo tank and not rely on some totally random tank that may or may not know what a taunt button is, or any tactics for anything, that would be an improvement. I hate not having any control over the quality of my off-tank - I'd rather tank with the proving grounds NPC than the majority of the guys I've seen in LFR.

You're normally guaranteed to get a least two decent healers out of six, but it's more like 50/50 on if you get someone decent to tank with.

That and I hate the default position where I am expected to tell the guy tactics if they couldn't be bothered to look before they joined, which is so not my job.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Can't understand why people with a tank spec don't just choose tank. A lot of people don't seem to know about changing their loot spec. How can less than 2/25 people be rolling tanks anyway?

Why oh why did I roll a Rogue...
    Because I can queue as Healer/DPS and set my loot to tank for the one trinket I actually want, so I don't have to. I'd rather heal a shit tank, than have to tank with them.
    Last edited by Kaiarra; 2013-09-24 at 04:26 AM.

Queue as healer/take healer

profit

I got rich making 2 tanks

Used to run Dungeons for those satchels back in the day, must have made 300k gold just from dungeons and the loot I got from satchels, couple 15k mounts and whatnot. And the best thing about being a tank is that its your pace, and nobody elses.
    Free-To-Play is the future.

Remember, lfr is something you can do on your lunch break

I didn't know places gave out 2 hour lunch breaks :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I sat in queue for 3 hours waiting for a raid to fill after everyone left at protectors. It filled to 19 or so an hour and a half in then they all left over the next 3 minutes, so I sit for another hour and a half. They should just nerf it to shit already so that bad players wont be demoralized by it requiring some miniscule level of skill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Promark View Post
    I no longer need to run LFR because I have my cloak and the ilvl of gear is below what I already have, plus flex is more fun if I need an easy run. I imagine that there are a large number of people in similar circumstances. The only thing that will save LFR is for Blizzard to make LFR like scenarios, where the role doesn't matter.
    Yeah I am in the same boat and pretty much my whole raid group are as well. These are guys who used to run LFR regularly to fill gaps in their gear and now just run normals and flex exclusively. A lot of the more geared players who used to carry LFR groups along simply don't go anymore so you are left with poorly geared people struggling with the content.

The only way to fix LFR is for the player base to improve, stop standing in fire, stop afking, look up the fights before hand etc, learn to play your class to a reasonable level of competency. One of the reasons I avoid LFR completely now is because of people who do things like that. People that queue as healers while dpsing, or people that are doing 20k hps as a healer when everyone is dying to lack of heals etc. LFR really is only for the casual player or player that isn't good enough for a guild group.

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    I dont see why not I walked in with my guild and there were about 5-7 of us with 500 ish lvl and we 1-2 shot every boss in Flex last week.
    If you have a guild to run Flex there's no problem but when you don't have a guild and people are expecting an average ilvl of 520+(more often 540+) it's kind of a pain finding a group at all. That said the OP's problem is they're running as DPS, if they queued as a Tank or healer(the screen shot I believe is showing their shaman) it would be near instant.

Quote Originally Posted by matthias9742 View Post
    I didn't know places gave out 2 hour lunch breaks :P
    Blizzard seems to think you can. I guess they get 2-3 hour lunch breaks there!

Well, my times hardly get past 20 minutes. As a pure DPS class it's what I can queue into. 30 minutes at the most.

What people don't get is that IGNORE LISTS have a reason, and they work. If you made a lot of shit, pissed enough tanks and healers and got yourself in enough ignore lists, the system will give priority to the healer or tank that have 2 or DPS on their ignore lists, remove that said ignored players from that forming group, and replace them with players that can communicate between themselves.

And as result you will see the waiting time increasing, more and more... Same goes to some extent to tanks and healers. If you are in the ignore list of 7 DPS, you will be thrown back, because it's easier to replace a healer than 7 DPS in the forming group.

Bottom line is don't do crap thinking LFR is anonymous environment, where you're not accountable for any grief. You CAN pay for your actions. ME? I have stuff to do while I wait 15 to 20 minutes, if not less.

Well, give it a few weeks for ppl to learn, so less wipefest. remember Durumu? it was hilarious! Ppl learned in time.

Personally, since flex is here, i have no need to que for LFR wasting times anymore. In terms of time invested and loot quality, FLEX >>>>> LFR. And there r loads of ppl like me. Ppl choosing flex over LFR, got a good chunk of players away from LFR. thus the system has even less players to search from.

10+ Year Old Account
    i think something that nobody has considered is that the hour glass quest could be started and completed in LFR mode. many many players with tank specs were getting insta queue's just to complete this quest, and then immediately dropping group. this snowballed out of control leaving many groups unable to fill their roles. which made the Queue times grow exponentially, as groups were being formed and never even started.

at least thats what i hope caused the spiraling long queue timers. and with the hotfix changing that quest item so it cant work until the wing has been completed, should stop these people from making the system have issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

10+ Year Old Account
    omg average wait time 4 minutes IT'S A MIRACLE
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

don't get your hopes up

Just queue for several LFR wings, and go do a scenario, or the Isle daily, it will pop eventually.

But yes, popping into the queue and just waiting for it may be ... bad. 30-40m average as a DPSer is horrid. Try to team up with a friend (tank or healer).

My biggest issue with LFR are tanks and healers who are actually DPSers, and as soon as they get in they state (mostly the tank ones), "can some1 else tank? bla bla", and people just tolerate it for some reason. I absolutely hate it.

10+ Year Old Account
    20 minute queue, Sha of Pride group, they've wiped once. I explained the fight, forgot to mention to move out when adds spawn, we wiped. Explained it again with that after we replaced a few people, boss down, attained upgrade.

All of a sudden, I'm not so frustrated. Let's hope killing Protectors and Norushen will go as smoothly.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Went with a dps alt do to SoO lfr the night it came out.
    45 minutes waiting to get a half finished raid.
    In the first night of lfr.

Can't even imagine how it will be in a couple of months.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Just queue for several LFR wings
    yeah being able to q wing 1 and wing 2 will help tremendously this tuesday

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to wait 20mins for Queue as Tank.
    PM me weird stuff :3

DPS Whine that tanks do DPS, Blizzard nerf tanks DPS, DPS Whine that no tanks queue for raid ...
    Was my first thought.