Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    "Dominating every fight...by a HUGE margin" is a total fabrication.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwdZviTN_CI randomly picked one out of 12 fights that are available so far on heroic to (demo)nstrate. The 12th fight is only released by a chinese guild so far and guess who was the best dps class there .

Quote Originally Posted by weakdots View Post
    dot snapshotting seperates mediocre players from the great, if dots only ticked for the dmg they have with the current buffs active at the time that gap would close immensely
    Honestly, it's time has come. By their own worlds, way back in Wrath when this sort of thing started popping up, they were fine with it as long as the difference between being able to game the snapshots and not was "significant but minor". Current state of the game, it's a huge gulf of difference.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fruitypebble View Post
    I also lol'd at this. Oh the unwarranted hatred that man gets. I do not envy his job.
    Unwarranted? We have our reasons dammit!

:P

Deleted
    Kaharon they're not demo, they're affliction

Herald of the Titans PickleballAce's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaharon View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwdZviTN_CI randomly picked one out of 12 fights that are available so far on heroic to (demo)nstrate. The 12th fight is only released by a chinese guild so far and guess who was the best dps class there .
    Just looking at Juggernaut, Spark's feed doesn't even have him topping the Rogue...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCmulnWJrp8

So "dominating every fight by like 50k!" is already untrue. It's possible to say that Warlocks are too strong without resorting to hyperbole.

Quote Originally Posted by Szarala View Post
    Honestly, it's time has come. By their own worlds, way back in Wrath when this sort of thing started popping up, they were fine with it as long as the difference between being able to game the snapshots and not was "significant but minor". Current state of the game, it's a huge gulf of difference.
    and thats a bad thing how? superior play should be rewarded, otherwise we are all just lemmings

I mean, if all warlock is about is keeping your dots up and not letting them fall of.. thats some terrible boring play.

I really don't understand how they can nerf UVLS AND Wild Imps. Don't they understand that UVLS is what made us do so much damage with Wild Imps? The devs are just clueless.

I've had a lot of fun playing Demo as main spec the last two weeks. More than I expected that I would be doing. It does indeed look like it's time to go Affli with a Destro off-spec now. Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    I really don't understand how they can nerf UVLS AND Wild Imps. Don't they understand that UVLS is what made us do so much damage with Wild Imps? The devs are just clueless.

I've had a lot of fun playing Demo as main spec the last two weeks. More than I expected that I would be doing. It does indeed look like it's time to go Affli with a Destro off-spec now. Sigh.
    I would not be surprised if some weeks later, they buff demo again when they notice nobody is playing it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaharon View Post
    Um, the rogue was top in the video you linked by about 20k. Lets not talk about the fact that a Feral druid was 10k off from the 'dominating' warlock, did I mention Feral is getting a 20% buff to Rip tomorrow?

Next video please.
    Last edited by Arrogant Bastard; 2013-09-24 at 06:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OokingDooker View Post
    I would not be surprised if some weeks later, they buff demo again when they notice nobody is playing it anymore.
    Lol then nerf it again and be like Doom now does reduced damage by 50% soul fire deals 20% less damage, Incinerate damage has been buffed by 5%

There

:O

Quote Originally Posted by fruitypebble View Post
    I also lol'd at this. Oh the unwarranted hatred that man gets. I do not envy his job.
    Wasn't the new warlock dev a former mage dev? Guys, I think I've found out why we get so much hate!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    yay banned on official forums by expressing my outrage, in a very few vulgar words... with mature language filter. w.e. Going to flame them again after my 24hr ban.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfen View Post
    yay banned on official forums by expressing my outrage, in a very few vulgar words... with mature language filter. w.e. Going to flame them again after my 24hr ban.
    Just tweet it to the guy lol he actually reads those.

Deleted
    Have you been playing any of the specs you are whining about? Demo got expected nerf, i cry about it too BUT destro and affliction warlock ain's so bad.
    I was topping dmg meters with destruction already in SoO and with 30% dmg buff to immolate makes it even powerfull. Affli still doing hell of a dmg when ppl are getting tier bonuses and better trinkets 'cause it scales better than any other spec.
    HC Trinkets will probably be HC WF immerseus and HC WF Blood of Y'shaar for both specs.. Multistrike totem ain's so bad either waiting for BoY drops...
    Myself going with affli MS / Destro OS..

No, it's time has not come. That's part of playing a dot class, and it's refreshing. If it were a case of "just keep your dots on your target and spam your filler", dot classes would be insanely boring. People always seem to think that things they don't like are "outdated" or "it's time has come".

- - - Updated - - -

If you're this outraged over a video game, tis time to move on. Seriously. What is the point?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jappe View Post
    Have you been playing any of the specs you are whining about? Demo got expected nerf, i cry about it too BUT destro and affliction warlock ain's so bad.
    I was topping dmg meters with destruction already in SoO and with 30% dmg buff to immolate makes it even powerfull. Affli still doing hell of a dmg when ppl are getting tier bonuses and better trinkets 'cause it scales better than any other spec.
    HC Trinkets will probably be HC WF immerseus and HC WF Blood of Y'shaar for both specs.. Multistrike totem ain's so bad either waiting for BoY drops...
    Myself going with affli MS / Destro OS..
    The nerf to the trinket was called for, but to the imps was uncalled for, thats the reason why people are upset. They already nerfed it twice, with fireball less damage and less imps spawning from glyph. The damage they made up was significant without the trinket, now, we are going to be mediocre to bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    If you're this outraged over a video game, tis time to move on. Seriously. What is the point?
    I am always outraged over uncalled for nerfs to warlocks, and have been since vanilla. The point is to show that someone doesnt agree with them, specially when they already fkd locks so much this expansion. Destro pvp... chaos bolt wasnt even worth casting last patch, this patch... still not worth it... as it does around 100-120k, when a mage, who just got buffed, is already spitting that out in instants. Do i care about world firsts? no. I can give a rats ass. For me, I find that demo is the fun spec, but with the dmg nerf, my fun spec went down the toilet. I hate affliction pve, and destro is boring as hell. My outrage is justified, when you know it happens every patch, they nerf your spec, and have been nerfing you since vanilla. Its common, and I am used to it, but it still pisses me off, and I express it every patch.
    Last edited by Skayth; 2013-09-24 at 07:00 AM.

The nerf to the trinket was called for, but to the imps was uncalled for, thats the reason why people are upset. They already nerfed it twice, with fireball less damage and less imps spawning from glyph. The damage they made up was significant without the trinket, now, we are going to be mediocre to bad.
    Honestly though, would Demonology even be the asserted 'god-tier' that it is without the trinket.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Apathy - View Post
    Fuck the UVLS I'm mad about the imp nerf lol
    This. Retarded thing is, we don't replace the trinket so once everyone else gears they'll catch up anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrogant Bastard View Post
    Honestly though, would Demonology even be the asserted 'god-tier' that it is without the trinket.
    Nope, trinket kept us up with everyone else, and slightly pull ahead. multitarget fights though, we became gods, but single target, we were on par with all the other "top" dps in sims/reality.