Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't really like target switching as BM or Surv. BM has the issue of pet travel time, while Surv has the issue of high ramp-up time. The situation as a whole is gonna dictate what spec does best at it. How often it happens, how long the target lives, etc.

I miss the old Blink Strike. One of the best things hunters ever had.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puerto View Post
    BM ALL THE THINGS!! srs

Don't listen to the people that say target switching as BM is terrible, because it is not. Macro /petattack into your Kill Command and Multi Shot and you are good to go.
    BMs target switching is worse than SV, and since SV sims better/the same as BM, and is far far far more forgiving, meaning that during progress, when focusing on other things you might do more dps as SV.

Quote Originally Posted by Beace View Post
    I don't really like target switching as BM or Surv. BM has the issue of pet travel time, while Surv has the issue of high ramp-up time. The situation as a whole is gonna dictate what spec does best at it. How often it happens, how long the target lives, etc.
    I am curious as to what, in your opinion, makes for the high ramp-up time for SV. Other than Serpent Sting, what does SV really need to put up every time it target switches? (considering you shouldn't put BA on a target that dies quickly anyway)

Quote Originally Posted by Thirstblood View Post
    If i have 4 piece, should i rly spam explosive shot if it cost me no charge? Does explosive shot stack total dot damage with 4 pieces process?
    Exp shot has a tick to it, so you always want to throw a shot or ability (if needed) in between using it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Manataurus View Post
    Exp shot has a tick to it, so you always want to throw a shot or ability (if needed) in between using it.
    No, not at all, they changed that during the MoP pre-patch, it now increases the strength of the DoT by each application which means that you should just spam it whenever you can.

Deleted
    Afaik the only thing you might not want to do is, say when you have L&L and you have a proc from a trinket or a pot you dont want to refresh WITHOUT the proc aka let it tick first. I havent actually tested this recently , but the reduced damage of the "newest" snapshot would make ALL the ticks get the reduced value.

If someone can confirm that would be great, as Im currently weaving an arcane shot in between if my trinket runs out before I finish the L&L to ensure it actually ticks for the high value it had before.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kherber View Post
    Afaik the only thing you might not want to do is, say when you have L&L and you have a proc from a trinket or a pot you dont want to refresh WITHOUT the proc aka let it tick first. I havent actually tested this recently , but the reduced damage of the "newest" snapshot would make ALL the ticks get the reduced value.

If someone can confirm that would be great, as Im currently weaving an arcane shot in between if my trinket runs out before I finish the L&L to ensure it actually ticks for the high value it had before.
    Yeah that is true.

What? no. Just no.

Deleted
    Please stop posting on this forum.

For everyone else, this is not true since ALONG time back. Ignore this person.

Deleted
    To my understanding for some fights like Iron Juggernaut and General Nazgrim it is worth going BM for the unhindered Kill Commands you can do during the knock back phase and defensive stance and the fact that BW is up for every Berserker Stance.

My thoughts on the SV 4pc are: Is it worth capping on focus for LnL for one or two more ES?
    My personal opinion is to cap as it's still rng for it to not consume a charge.

I base this on the average ES and ES DoT damage is higher than the average AS, although AS reduces RF's CD. Each to his own I guess?

The damage per execute of a single ES is way higher than AS, so yes cap focus IMO.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by urgebear View Post
    To my understanding for some fights like Iron Juggernaut and General Nazgrim it is worth going BM for the unhindered Kill Commands you can do during the knock back phase and defensive stance and the fact that BW is up for every Berserker Stance.

My thoughts on the SV 4pc are: Is it worth capping on focus for LnL for one or two more ES?
    My personal opinion is to cap as it's still rng for it to not consume a charge.

I base this on the average ES and ES DoT damage is higher than the average AS, although AS reduces RF's CD. Each to his own I guess?
    Watching streams I've seen some top hunters capping their focus to continue casting ES. Also, you should never really get knocked back by Iron Juggernaut if you time disengage/deterrence correctly, but BM on Nazgrim seems ideal due to being able to leave the pet on him, KC and even Dire beast in defensive stance.

You shouldn't be caring about your focus capping if you're playing right anyway. If you're getting a string of ES's, don't stop because you cap out on focus. It's senseless.

Immerseus: I like BM for short-term burst, but either works.
    Fallen Protectors: Either.. Honestly. If you wanna pad dps a little bit, you can track Serpent Sting on bosses if they're close and refresh it occasionally.
    Norushen: I like survival. More seamless with add switching, lets you spread Serpent Sting occasionally.
    Galakras: Survival has better sustained AoE, while BM just tends to work better when cooldowns are popped.
    Iron Juggernaut: Whatever is your highest single-target DPS spec.
    Kor'kron Dark Shaman: Survival, you can spread Serpent Sting with multi-shot, and if your tanks are semi-retarded like mine, you won't take as much of a hit from your pet dying to the ashen wall they're backing it up against. Also adds. BM works fine if the bosses are apart.
    General Nazgrim: I like Survival for seamless switching to adds, but with Black Arrow things sometimes get clunky.. Soooo either.

And I'm a scrub so I haven't done anything else than that, but it'll come.

Quote Originally Posted by kherber View Post

This is good to know, so if you get an ES off right before your procs, etc. fall off and have another L&L proc, you don't wanna hit the next ES right away.
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    You shouldn't be caring about your focus capping if you're playing right anyway. If you're getting a string of ES's, don't stop because you cap out on focus.
    Pretty hard to not cap on focus if you get two back to back LnL procs and then no charge gets consumed, even the best of players and sims will some time focus cap due to LnL with 4pc.

BM is superior to me for pretty much every fight this tier apart from perhaps Immerseus where the pet seems to bug out constantly.

Deleted
    Well now i do only SVV because of 4pts.Only i will go BM if i lose mine 4 set because of superrior WF heroic gear pieces or on some heroic fight where brust is important but pet dint act like headless chicken

I have actually been playing BM the last 2 raid weeks. I have never really liked it, I always felt it was kind of clunky, most likely because I just was not good at it. That being said, I have been doing much more damage than most other people in my raid, including usually a similarly geared hunter who I consider very good, relative to me. Now just last night I got 4pc t16 and the ticking ebon detonator. I switched to sv for the continuation we do in 10 man after the 25 and it seemed pretty beast with the ES spam. I guess it is really better especially, after 4pc, no? My toon is Kucer - Sargeras

I personally try and stay away from both BM and Blink Strikes on Dark Shaman due to the frequency of pet deaths caused by ooze AOE. Then again, if you could just leave your pet on boss full time... darn that /pet attack being macro'd to every shot...

The Oozes' AoE don't kill your pets, it's the Ashen Wall.