Everquest Classic Fan? Project 1999 Might be for you.

I just recently learned about this but it has been around for 4 years or so now. Project 1999 is exactly that, Everquest Classic just as it was in 1999. Well almost, it does have the Kunark expansion and level 60 cap.

But it is pretty cool if you're interested in playing the old EQ. This server has thousands of active players, GMs who enforce strict rules (no boxing, macro cheating ect). EC tunnel selling, all the old camp spots are ripe with players.

Its free just have to get the Titanium Edition of EQ, i found mine on the internet at a site with bays of pirates =P.

See this link for more info.

My toons name is Ryzec in game and i am in a extremely helpful guild full of lower level players.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2014-08-12 at 02:28 AM.

Wait a spodedamn minute! Did someone just say... Everquest Classic EMU?

*Pulls out 15 year old EQ box, immediately begins reinstalling; goes onto the EMU site to begin reading instructions*

I expect this thread to be deleted soon. Or at least locked.

I never got to experience EQ1 when it was current. Haven't even experienced the SOE f2p version. I have played EQ2, though, which was meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    I expect this thread to be deleted soon. Or at least locked.
    Not sure why it would be locked, this is not illegal. No files are being distributed, they arent charging people to play.

It is pretty cool if you were into classic EQ. It is slow and difficult and forces grouping, but is fun in its own way. If you never played classic you will think it is a steaming pile of shit though and you can ignore this thread. LOL

My reasoning is I figured it was like WoW private servers, where talking about such would get the thread locked and any links in the OP removed.

10+ Year Old Account
    As said, even if it's free and such, private servers discussions aren't allowed.