Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Getreuer View Post
    An Fallout MMO would make my life complete.
    WORD

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Never underestimate to ability of folks to screw up a sure thing.
    Diablo3 pretty much proves that point

Quote Originally Posted by dukem View Post
    Diablo3 pretty much proves that point
    Diablo 3 was a very solid game besides the auction house and its effect on the loot system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Yelling at the leaky gas tank is much less effective than patching it up.

Deleted
    why would they team up.. i only rate one of them and its not bethesda :S

the last decent game to come out of bethesda imo was Fallout: New Vegas (way better than fallout 3) and they didnt even make it.

i dont think rockstar would need their help if they were to make an mmo.
    Last edited by mmoccc0b2dd691; 2013-09-26 at 12:11 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I want a Disgaea MMO. That would be awesome. Nippon Ichi, get to work please. kkthnx.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Deleted
    Do you want people to have no social life at all ? If this ever happend no1 would go to work, no1 would ever go out of their houses, THE ECONOMY WOULD COLLAPSE!

No but seriously the idea of great. But beth is more of a fantasy story teller and Rockstar tends to do it realistic way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    It would fail, terribly. Take a look at Bethesda's record - not a single game has been released that didn't need the community to fix it. So they'd release a half-assed MMO, but without the ability for the community to do their job like they've forced us to do for every other one of their games for the past two damned decades.
    Your use of the word "need" is subjective. I have never "needed" a mod to enjoy a Bioware game. "Forced" is also subjective.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Henkdejager View Post
    Do you want people to have no social life at all ? If this ever happend no1 would go to work, no1 would ever go out of their houses, THE ECONOMY WOULD COLLAPSE!

No but seriously the idea of great. But beth is more of a fantasy story teller and Rockstar tends to do it realistic way.
    So if they teamed up, they would "Bring Fantasy to Life!" It would be a fantasy game with a real world feel.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Every game could learn a thing or two by becoming more like Skyrim or GTA5.

Oh, imagine a game in which you're a modern day petty criminal, and you stumble upon a portal to the wonderful world of the elder scrolls, and you can move about freely, from one to the other. At some point, you can even drive your stolen car through the portal to slay some Daedra, and then ride a dragon back to Liberty City to kill some dominican gang members.

Something about beating up pimps with the mace of Molag Bal just made me shiver.
    Last edited by Valort; 2013-09-26 at 06:55 PM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Every game could learn a thing or two by becoming more like Skyrim or GTA5.
    Ehhh. GTA 5 doesn't really provide anything new and amazing over GTA4, or GTA3, or GTA2. It's gotten itself a graphics update, and a new story, and ... yeah GTA is basically the CoD of whatever genre GTA is considered. There was absolutely 0 chance of GTA5 not selling well, and now that it has sold well and it's a decent game, there is now chance of GTA6 not selling well no matter what Rockstar does with it. Which I'm not trying to talk down on GTA5, I enjoy it, but it's nothing groundbreaking - Other open world games should strive to be more like GTA in general in that their world has more personality, not like GTA 5 specifically.

I think RockStar could probably do Skyrim better than Bethesda. I think if Skyrim retained the same artists but was developed by Rockstar instead of Bethesda it would have had a better combat system and a more lively and entertaining world while still remaining very pretty.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would I want a bug ridden MMO that only comes out on PC months after consoles... no thanks.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Ehhh. GTA 5 doesn't really provide anything new and amazing over GTA4, or GTA3, or GTA2. It's gotten itself a graphics update, and a new story, and ... yeah GTA is basically the CoD of whatever genre GTA is considered. There was absolutely 0 chance of GTA5 not selling well, and now that it has sold well and it's a decent game, there is now chance of GTA6 not selling well no matter what Rockstar does with it. Which I'm not trying to talk down on GTA5, I enjoy it, but it's nothing groundbreaking - Other open world games should strive to be more like GTA in general in that their world has more personality, not like GTA 5 specifically.

I think RockStar could probably do Skyrim better than Bethesda. I think if Skyrim retained the same artists but was developed by Rockstar instead of Bethesda it would have had a better combat system and a more lively and entertaining world while still remaining very pretty.
    Erm, GTA4 sucked, pretty much everyone agrees on that point, GTA5 is a gift from the gods. So, that's a pretty big difference. GTA in and of itself is pretty groundbreaking as a videogame, always has been, especially GTA3 imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    Yea they'd make a good team just leave EA and people like that out of it
    Completely off topic, but your signature gif was moving in perfect rhythm with my music, so I sat here at work and stared at it for a solid 5 minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Deleted
    Why Rockstar, they release the same shit every game...nothing new ever is added to the formula. Not saying they make bad games, but let's not pretend they make original games...

BioWare and Bethesda maybe...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Why Rockstar, they release the same shit every game...nothing new ever is added to the formula. Not saying they make bad games, but let's not pretend they make original games...

BioWare and Bethesda maybe...
    Completely agree with this. DMA Design was ruined by Rockstar, it used to be a good studio.

Or Bethesda and Blizzard. (Edit : and CCP)

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd welcome out game making over lord known as... Bethestar (or Bethe*) *thunder*
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Bethesda's games are not that good. The story is not that fascinating, and the mechanics are boring to an incredibly large percentage of the population.

And while I consider GTA games to be groundbreaking works, most people I know haven't even touched the story mode or significantly progressed in it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post
    Bethesda's games are not that good. The story is not that fascinating, and the mechanics are boring to an incredibly large percentage of the population.

And while I consider GTA games to be groundbreaking works, most people I know haven't even touched the story mode or significantly progressed in it.
    (mechanics are boring to an incredibly large percentage of the population.)

Source or will be perceived as lies and speculation.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    If Bioware and Blizzard united... And made Warcraft 4 RTS together with story-based campaign... My life would be made.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    was there ever an exemple of 2 developers, each working for different publisher, joined forces to make a game?

Because rockstar are such saviours to gaming right OP? I'll admit they make some pretty kick ass games but they've confirmed micro-transactions for GTA online. That's one step into EA and Activision Territory