Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Improved and much more balanced raiding:

/1/
    Melle must have its uses - right now there is NOTHING that tanks or rangeds can't do(better than melle).
    There must be a "must have" for atleast 1 melle in 10man RG:
    ---melle tasks, where high mobility classes shines;
    ---magical vs physical damage(casters vs melle/hunters);

As a raidleader i avoid melle classes - even rogues. There are many reasons for that.. Thanks blizzard.

/2/
    Raid cd for every dps class:
    Warlocks got portals/healthstones/bress;
    warriors got dps/hps banners;
    Druids got stampading roar/bress/innervate/tranquility/symbiosys;
    Shamans got totem and healing rain;

mages, hunters, ww mongs got nothing.. Sorry, but cc is NOT raid CD.
    Everyone must have 1 - right now some classes got 5, while others have NOTHING.

Leave healing/absorb CDs for hybrids and Dps/utility cds for pure classes.
    Blizzard should make complete overhoul, but that is not gonna happen.

Why should i take hunter/mage/monk over equally skilled moonkin/shaman/spriest? There is NO reason.
    Even warlock is must have in 10man RG.
    Our RG have 1 hunter(pet) for buff if someone gets sick, but if everyone had 100% attendance i would NEVER take hunter over another moonkin/spriest.

/3/
    Mechanisms that give dps/hps boosts for doing tactic(skill awards) - players who have tunel vison should NEVER rank:
    Standing in fire should do damage AND reduce damage/healing for some time;
    Killings adds gives small dps buff for short time - NOT reduce dps for switching;
    Interrupting/dispeling right abilities must give dps/hps boost for short time;
    More mechanisms like dancing in MSV - which you can ignore, but by doing right you can do a LOT more dps.

There are so many high skilled players who cares ONLY about recount and ranking - they don't care about dispels or interrupts, adds..
    That is NOT right.
    Raiding must award skill - more carrots for doing tactics(adds/interupts/avoiding damage).. more sticks for ignoring mechanisms(FIRE)..
    ---

Only thing i do in wow - i raid.

More engaging/rewarding raiding would make me very happy.
    More carrots for skill, more sticks for laziness.

But most important - niche for melle on EVERY bossfight.. Raid CD for everyone.
    Last edited by mmoce6005d79bf; 2013-09-26 at 07:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeror View Post
    1. Mounted combat/dangers on ground and in air.

Currently when you mount and travel that way you can skip most dangers because of your speed or height. That need to change. WoW would be so much better when you have to watch out where you travel through. Watch tower with archers can shoot you out of the sky. Cannoneers can blast you off your fly mount. Traps on the ground makes you dismount your horse/wolf/etc.. That kind of stuff. To protect yourself you get a couple, let say 2 or 3, of class specific skills to use while mounted.
    To makes this work even better the max fly height (ceiling) needs to be lowered. You can fly ridiculous high at the moment and there is really no need for that. Also i like to be mounted fatigue to be added so you can't travel endlessly anymore, but need to give your mount a rest after some period. That makes traveling even more challenging.

2. Emerald Dream added to the game.

I would really like to have the Emerald Dream to be added to the game. There are 4 dreamportals in the game (5 in lore) for years and they still hadn't any function. I think it would be cool if Blizzard added this alternate Azeroth as an alternate way to level from level 60 to level 100. So players can choose whether to go to Outland/Northrend or Emerald Dream. And of course the new level range zones are there as well.

3. All classes have at least 2 roles (DPS/Tank/Heal)

I think that WoW can be better when each class has at least 2 classroles. Some classes have already 2 or 3 (or even 4) roles, but there are still classes with only 1 role. That needs to be changed. The classes that are involved with this are: Rogues, Hunters, Mages and Warlocks. They are pure DPS classes, but can be so much more.
    Rogues could have supportive role with their poisons and potions. Hunter can have tanking role with their beasts, Mages can have supportive role with their spells and Warlocks can have a tanking role with their demons.
    1) No.
    2) The zones would be even more dead for alts.
    3) My hunter is DPS, and I don't want to do anything besides that with him. If I want to heal/tank I can hop on an alt. To dwell further, at some point there was discussion going on that BM and Demonology could be converted to tank spec, but Blizz said that some people want that, some don't. And they don't want to overhaul some classes as players would feel 'disconnected' from their characters if they loved the spec. Remember what happened to Deathknights when they had all specs capable of tanking and then blood was left as the only tank spec? All the sadness, me included, for people that loved blood as DPS.
    PM me weird stuff :3

Deleted
    1. A graphical update or something for moderns pcs would be most welcome: we are past 2004 and a lot of us play on monitors/tvs that have over a meter wide.

2. seperate pvp and pve

Fuck the idiots who can't read tooltips.
    3. item squish

4. less class dumbing down

thats about it. less shit like pandas would also be ok, but w/e

Player Housing
    - Phased but if your a leader of a group all those people enter your phased housing area.
    - Able to choose where your house is, each race will have a certain housing theme located near a starting area or zone. (so 7 phased areas to choose from)
    (So if you want a bloodelf themed house you'd go to the designated phased area near the bloodelf starting zone, and if you wanted orc youd go to the orc area)
    - Plot of land surrounding your house can be used to farm crops for cooking, and herbs for alchemy.
    - A fishing pond, so you can catch fish and maybe a bonus rare spawn fish on a daily cooldown.
    - A tunnel or mound for harvesting minerals and ores.
    - Some farm animals that respawn regularly that you can kill and loot cooking mats from with a better than average drop rate.
    - A Mail box
    - If your a hunter then a stable displaying 1-3 of your pets possibly.

Inside player housing
    - Inside your house you could display your Legendary Items, if you have them.
    - A Storage chest, that allows you to access your bank.
    - One of your battle pets/ companions to be able to run around freely.
    - Able to design and decorate your house with various furniture such as tables, chairs, and beds.
    - Furniture would be made from the secondary profession "wood working"
    - Each race has their own style of furniture you can mix and match your house or stick to a theme.
    - You would need to level wood working in order to build/ expand your home.
    Last edited by iadamson; 2013-09-26 at 08:08 AM.

1) Remove every fucking knockback from the game
    2) Remove PVP entirely
    2) Remove heroic raids and let LFR, Flex and Normal dropa the exact same gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladzins View Post
    Improved and much more balanced raiding:

/1/
    Melle must have its uses - right now there is NOTHING that tanks or rangeds can't do(better than melle).
    There must be a "must have" for atleast 1 melle in 10man RG:
    ---melle tasks, where high mobility classes shines;
    ---magical vs physical damage(casters vs melle/hunters);

As a raidleader i avoid melle classes - even rogues. There are many reasons for that.. Thanks blizzard.

/2/
    Raid cd for every dps class:
    Warlocks got portals/healthstones/bress;
    warriors got dps/hps banners;
    Druids got stampading roar/bress/innervate/tranquility/symbiosys;
    Shamans got totem and healing rain;

mages, hunters, ww mongs got nothing.. Sorry, but cc is NOT raid CD.
    Everyone must have 1 - right now some classes got 5, while others have NOTHING.

Leave healing/absorb CDs for hybrids and Dps/utility cds for pure classes.
    Blizzard should make complete overhoul, but that is not gonna happen.

Why should i take hunter/mage/monk over equally skilled moonkin/shaman/spriest? There is NO reason.
    Even warlock is must have in 10man RG.
    Our RG have 1 hunter(pet) for buff if someone gets sick, but if everyone had 100% attendance i would NEVER take hunter over another moonkin/spriest.

/3/
    Mechanisms that give dps/hps boosts for doing tactic(skill awards) - players who have tunel vison should NEVER rank:
    Standing in fire should do damage AND reduce damage/healing for some time;
    Killings adds gives small dps buff for short time - NOT reduce dps for switching;
    Interrupting/dispeling right abilities must give dps/hps boost for short time;
    More mechanisms like dancing in MSV - which you can ignore, but by doing right you can do a LOT more dps.

There are so many high skilled players who cares ONLY about recount and ranking - they don't care about dispels or interrupts, adds..
    That is NOT right.
    Raiding must award skill - more carrots for doing tactics(adds/interupts/avoiding damage).. more sticks for ignoring mechanisms(FIRE)..
    ---

Only thing i do in wow - i raid.

More engaging/rewarding raiding would make me very happy.
    More carrots for skill, more sticks for laziness.

But most important - niche for melle on EVERY bossfight.. Raid CD for everyone.
    1) If you don't take atleast one melee to raids, you are losing more than you gain. There is too much shit Ranged have to move out of vs melee so blizzard is doing it right.
    2) warrior hps banner? what the hell is that?
    mages have time warp? hunters as BM can have time warp
    as a hunter I find your statement offensive, traps on dark shamans, for example? traps on immersus? maybe you have some really BAAAD hunters. Hunter is my favorite class and they have so much potential and utility. Just a loveable class you WANT to have in raid. ToT Animus, I md animus golem on my turtle and I can now run around freely killing the other adds. Put traps to slow down adds. MD is just too good to not make your life easier. Hunters can move and freely DPS like no other ranged? They don't have to "stop casting" on Animus, for example. When you wipe a hunter can FD and Mass Res saving you precious time :P hunter/mage can soak a lot of dmg through deterrance/ice block (IB is better) on some fights (I guess Sp can also do that). I just feel you have personal bias towards hunters or you never played with a good one Warlocks are too loved by Blizz this Exp, so
    3)
    a) you don't account for lag or for something that hits instantly. Besides when you stand in fire you die and that gives 100% damage/healing 'debuff' remember, dead DPS does 0 DPS.
    b) then everyone would compete who will kill the add, potentially wasting cooldowns
    c) everyone competing to interupt/dispel, bad idea.
    e) not sure what you mean here ? the only dancing I know is from Naxx

You yourself listed how to make people care more for DPS Perhaps your b suggestion could be "killing adds in x amount of time would damage/debuff bosses"
    Like I said, you probably raid with baddies, I always care about interupts on my hunter (Yey baseline interupt on 24s cd)
    Raiding DOES award skill, if you have no skill you get no loot

Melee already have niches, you must not know them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    1) Remove every fucking knockback from the game
    2) Remove PVP entirely
    2) Remove heroic raids and let LFR, Flex and Normal dropa the exact same gear.
    Remove tetris from WoW!
    I mean, make WoW into tetris!
    I mean, stop feeding the trolls!

Quote Originally Posted by iadamson View Post
    Player Housing
    - Phased but if your a leader of a group all those people enter your phased housing area.
    - Able to choose where your house is, each race will have a certain housing theme located near a starting area or zone. (so 7 phased areas to choose from)
    (So if you want a bloodelf themed house you'd go to the designated phased area near the bloodelf starting zone, and if you wanted orc youd go to the orc area)
    - Plot of land surrounding your house can be used to farm crops for cooking, and herbs for alchemy.
    - A fishing pond, so you can catch fish and maybe a bonus rare spawn fish on a daily cooldown.
    - A tunnel or mound for harvesting minerals and ores.
    - Some farm animals that respawn regularly that you can kill and loot cooking mats from with a better than average drop rate.
    - A Mail box
    - If your a hunter then a stable displaying 1-3 of your pets possibly.

Inside player housing
    - Inside your house you could display your Legendary Items, if you have them.
    - A Storage chest, that allows you to access your bank.
    - One of your battle pets/ companions to be able to run around freely.
    - Able to design and decorate your house with various furniture such as tables, chairs, and beds.
    - Furniture would be made from the secondary profession "wood working"
    - Each race has their own style of furniture you can mix and match your house or stick to a theme.
    - You would need to level wood working in order to build/ expand your home.
    In other words, they could just remove the entire world except raids and the 7 starting zones.

Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    There's a difference between graphical fidelity and artstyle, Blizzard's artstyle is beautiful, but the graphics capabilities of their engine limit that style greatly now. It could use a small overhaul at the very least, or at best, a whole new engine; but that wont happen unless they release a WoW 2, which I kinda hope happens at some point.

- - - Updated - - -

Many a time Blizzard has said "it will never happen". Many times they have broken their word...

As the adage goes, never say never.
    The fun thing about Blizzard saying "never" is that it means the idea was discussed by a large enough section of their managerial creative body and an answer was formed and passed down. Since most ideas never make it to that level of discussion, it may be more likely that something that has been determined to never happen may be more likely to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    In other words, they could just remove the entire world except raids and the 7 starting zones.
    I never understood this you still need to use the auction house, badge vendors etc.
    Go meet people for enchants, or trades.
    To use certain portals.
    You can't quest in player housing, or level, should only be available to end gamers.
    the mats you get from your house/farm aren't sufficient enough to meet any demand or high profit, it would just be like a bonus.
    You could also put Q'ing restrictions in that area.

Honestly, with the prevention of sitting in que while in that area, would make it a place to visit daily, not live in.

In the very least ppl would still go to the major cities for the AH, Class trainers, profession trainers.

World bosses, world pvp, rare spawns, dailies etc.
    Last edited by iadamson; 2013-09-26 at 11:07 PM.

A guildwars 2 lover trying to make wow into guildwars2. sorry but that game isn't good at all. and yes i've played it.

1. Compartmentalisation of classes/roles. Pure dps/tank/healing classes.
    2. less homogenisation.
    3. Rock,paper,scissors pvp depending on talents chosen by revamping old style talent tree. Not fixed per class vs class.
    4. Upgraded importance of racials.
    5. Item squish
    6. Removal of 25 and 10 men raids. Introduction of 15 men as fixed.
    7. Removal of hc versions. Less instances, attunements comeback. 5 men necessary before raid. Catch up mech by solo scenarios.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by catablitz View Post
    1. Compartmentalisation of classes/roles. Pure dps/tank/healing classes.
    2. less homogenisation.
    3. Rock,paper,scissors pvp depending on talents chosen by revamping old style talent tree. Not fixed per class vs class.
    4. Upgraded importance of racials.
    5. Item squish
    6. Removal of 25 and 10 men raids. Introduction of 15 men as fixed.
    7. Removal of hc versions. Less instances, attunements comeback. 5 men necessary before raid. Catch up mech by solo scenarios.
    1. No, such a bad idea. People enjoy playing cetain class that can do several roles. Why put more restrictions on how people play the game?
    2. Homogenisation happened in part due to 'bring the player not the class' policy.
    3. Couldn't care less, but it was like that in Vanilla, until tier 2.
    4. Oh no, no no. Keep racials only as cool little things you can do, that have no impact on gameplay.
    5. Yea, need that.
    6. No. Current model is good and it works. Flex is the thing you have in mind.
    7. No. The HC versions should be made even harder, in my opinion. More instances, no attunements. 5 men not necessary before raid. Catch up by solo scenarios, meh, Isle model is good for me, personaly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Adding in a whole extra spec (I.E Third spec) that is completely for PvP skills and traits so they can stop fiddling with the PvE stuff because this class kills that one faster and needs more balance.

Deleted
    DYNAMIC EVENTS

Solo driven quests are so boring.

Correct

GW2 did it right with dynamic events.

Wrong, they're just quests, without a questgiver, are repeatable "dynamic events" - they aren't really dynamic, Everquest Next will be dynamic.

2. GRAPHICAL UPDATE

I agree.

3. TRAITS AND SKILLS THAT CATER BOTH FOR RAID VS. AI AND PVP.

Hmm, I would like that classes would have more animations using their weapons (mages using staves for example to cast) but I don't like the overall GW2 skill system.

Quote Originally Posted by mesmeallo View Post
    1. DYNAMIC EVENTS

Solo driven quests are so boring. GW2 did it right with dynamic events and so did Rift, but they are not that warhammer lore we all like. Imagine having both solo quests and dynamic events in WoW, making the player choose to join a dynamic farm group or solo in the world by themselves. I bet ya that most players queue in dungeons anyway because they are sick and tired of questing.

2. GRAPHICAL UPDATE

WoW is old and have a good amount of fans under it's belt. They can not make a new WoW without killing their own customers that paid monthly to get a good character, only to see that they have to roll over again in a new game, that can't be made without erasing the big WoW titan history along with the players in the game that partook it and got several memories from it. Let there be an option to choose next-gen graphics or stay old school without deleting characters.

3. TRAITS AND SKILLS THAT CATER BOTH FOR RAID VS. AI AND PVP.

I think they can upgrade their engine to use weapon skills + traits instead of talents. This has been proven by GW2 to be efficient in PvP as they were looking to make it esportic from the start. Without interfering with PvE, I think this is a good option. Right now there are only cookie-cutter classes in WoW PvP, Blizzard should look into making WoW esports instead of making a Blizzard All-Stars game.

Now, I think GW2 is an okay game, but it is not for me. I like many of their stuff, but the world and lore, coupled with what I would call only transmog gear instead of beneficial upgrades, make it not a favourable game for me. But they got many things right, and EQNext knows this.

Also, Blizzard will never make a class change system like FFXIV has and EQNext will have, if we look at it from a business point of view.
    While these ideas are nice, there are some glaring issues.

1) Dynamic events are little more than mini-dungeons that repeat constantly. Even if you have a lot of them, imagine doing the same 5 minute dungeon 100 times throughout leveling. It gets old, I loved rift for the leveling system and customization, but the rifts got boring quickly.

2) Graphics, I don't think anyone disagrees with you here. We'd all love better graphics, but it won't happen. It took blizzard what, like 7 years to get WoW where it is today? Every little tiny piece of art, models, textures, spell effects would all have to be completely redone. It's a from the ground up procedure, it's not just flipping a switch and everything is prettier. We will probably continue to get higher res textures on character models and objects over time (like with the pandaren and water changes of wrath-now), but a real overhaul will never happen in the future of WoW at any point.

3) Traits and skill for pve/pvp. There's two ways to look at this, the first, the way you are talking about is essentially rewriting how the entire game is played. While I agree that GW2's weapons have the skills, not the player system was kinda cool, you can't expect another game to change the fundamentals of how their game is played for something that many players would hate. While you might not like the current system, most players love the abilities they have and how they work. The other way of looking at this is to ask for a separate pvp tree for each class. Personally, I love the idea. It would be SO much easier to balance in pvp and never again would pve players have to worry about pvp problems messing with their abilities. The main argument you hear against this is that many loudly vocal pvp's want variety in their class/spec choice... which sounds reasonable... but when you consider that 90% of serious pvp'ers change their class to fit the FotM so they can stomp faces more easily, the argument that diversity is good seems a bit halfhearted.

Long story short, your ideas aren't bad, but they are basically asking for a game completely different from WoW.... most people wouldn't like that. WoW isn't doing great, but it's still much better than any other game out there. At least for now.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrops View Post
    It would be cool if 10 and 25 normal and heroic will be replaced with normal flex and heroic flex.

1. No, such a bad idea. People enjoy playing cetain class that can do several roles. Why put more restrictions on how people play the game?
    2. Homogenisation happened in part due to 'bring the player not the class' policy.
    3. Couldn't care less, but it was like that in Vanilla, until tier 2.
    4. Oh no, no no. Keep racials only as cool little things you can do, that have no impact on gameplay.
    5. Yea, need that.
    7. No. The HC versions should be made even harder, in my opinion. More instances, no attunements. 5 men not necessary before raid. Catch up by solo scenarios, meh, Isle model is good for me, personaly.
    1. Pure roles fix one and for all balance issues.
    2. Homogenisation failed.
    3. No it wasn't.
    4. Why shouldn't the race choice have impact on game play? It fits lore and it counts toward the profile of the hero you want to be. Racials should feel unique and serve a purpose. If visuals are all that matters, then just implement a free transmog on skins. Oops, less money for Blizz.
    5. yes , we do.
    6. 15 is less than 25 and more than 10. More people get to raid while logistics are more convenient.
    7. Progression to a certain spot means I start and I try to finish. I don't skip stuff. I am born naked, I improve my abilities and I put them to the test untill I kill every bad guy. It is a trip. The promised feeling of accomplishement is the best drive.

15+ Year Old Account
    Something related to user-created content.

I'm pretty sure that's how the next biggest MMO will attract subscribers. Very hard to handle as a company, especially at first (ie: how to be sure that content is interesting and respect world's guidelines, what content can be submitted, etc. ?), but then the world would most likely be much more diversified.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeror View Post
    It would be cool if 10 and 25 normal and heroic will be replaced with normal flex and heroic flex.
    Flex is a stepping stone from LFR to Normal.
    ToT normal vs LFR plays a MILE differently.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ysilla View Post
    Something related to user-created content.

I'm pretty sure that's how the next biggest MMO will attract subscribers. Very hard to handle as a company, especially at first (ie: how to be sure that content is interesting and respect world's guidelines, what content can be submitted, etc. ?), but then the world would most likely be much more diversified.
    In my eyes it is lazy developers "hey why spend money on content when we can make the people do that, they pay to play, then they make stuff to make others pay us to play our game that other players made"

Flex is a stepping stone from LFR to Normal.
    ToT normal vs LFR plays a MILE differently.
    I personally dislike the idea of having like 4+ difficulties for 1 dungeons. Blizzard surely knows how to utilize the max out of something... Where is the time that a dungeon had only 1 difficulty and when you want something harder you needed to progress to the next dungeon.
    I can live with 2 difficulties (3 is bad, but still acceptable), but 4 is already too much. More difficulties means also more gear levels per tier. you have have: LFR gear, FLex gear, normal gear, normal warforged gear, heroic gear and heroic warforged gear. 6 gear levels for 1 dungeon. That's ridiculous way too much.
    That number needs to be pushed down a bit if you ask me. And Flex mode replacing normal and heroic mode to flex normal and flex heroic seems to be a good decision if you ask me.
    Last edited by Z3ROR; 2013-09-26 at 10:15 AM.