Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrops View Post
    In my eyes it is lazy developers "hey why spend money on content when we can make the people do that, they pay to play, then they make stuff to make others pay us to play our game that other players made"
    This is what we saw until now when any game tried to do it. But I keep hope that one day, one will do it in a good way (but I still wonder what way this is ).

There's a huge limit to what developers can create, while a community has virtually unlimited options. I'm pretty sure the "good way" to do this would in fact involve even more work on Blizzard side than currently (well, mostly validating / testing / idontknowwhating).

What I'd like to see is a game that doesn't involve players in content creation just to be lazy, but to offer real expandable (and quality) content, and that's where all the challenge is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloun View Post
    2. Not gonna happen. Stop hoping.
    What? Graphics have been getting better and better every expansion. Your expecting it to turn from WoW to say, guild wars 2 style? No not going to happen but if you look at the panderian models, compared to the old human models, are you seriously telling me that they are the same?

What I want, is something to do outside of raiding. That is it. Sick of WoW been just about raiding. PvP is always been messed up in 1 way or another, the small zones they add "isle of thunder/timeless isle" have no real exploration to them anymore, and farming old content for stuff just is not fun anymore.

They removed flight for anyone not level 90. It made no difference at all to the experience. You just felt limited. After you have seen a zone, you become bored of it. I won't level another level 90+ until they nerf it more just because I have seen so much of the island it's becoming embedded into my memory.

For a new island/big xpac zone to be sucessful. They need to learn from previous content patches. Take isle of thunder with it's unlocking progression system. You might argue it was boring, long winded and tedious, what you can't argue about if you went back every week after it had been unlocked, to explore the new zone, see what new rares where in there, world bosses etc. While it only kept you entertained for a few hours every week, it was more then is offered now. It just wasn't done to a good scale. You could normally get into the zones that were previously unlocked, and some of the zones did not contain that much.

This idea could be made MUCH bigger. Why not make a whole continent this way. Quests are completed to push a progression meter up. While leveling you would be helping to unlock new zones in the area. If anyone has played firefall, you will know what i mean. It adds that little excitement of seeing something new every week, not what we have now atm. Login > Spend 1 hour LF Flex > Wait till raid time > Do raid > logoff.
    Last edited by mmoca8c3a8c487; 2013-09-26 at 02:41 PM.

@ Wintersin
    You're allowed to agree, but I would love to see more minigames for players to play around with when they get tired of current teir, or have full conquest gear and only do arenas 10 times a week, then have nothing to do but beat up people in bg's. Minigames are good for the game, they are optional fun, and I'm sure they don't affect what ever it is that you do in game. Pet Battles was a huge success imo.

Why would you not like more classes and races? Are you scared of change or something? You want the game to be interesting? I needs to bring back that feeling that it's so vast and big, and you're just a small ant inside of it, not the master of all and sage of all knowledge! That was most of the charm of this game, that you would start playing and not know plenty of things and learning and discovering them made it interesting and fun. Throwing more stuff at us will only be good for the game, I'm not saying over complicate it, but I'm saying just add new features and classes that make players want to try them out to try different things.

Last point I want to make is about atonement style healing, and why it needs to be for all healers. It's an unfair advantage that Disc and Mistweavers have, that they can add to the damage while putting out small healing. It's in game now, so you can't really complain about it, now can you? If all healers had this it would make it an even playing field, but it really needs a nerf, the healing they put out with it is too high imo, I want it reduced by I dunno 50% so it's not viable option in raiding, but is in a 5 man where damage is small, or everyone is topped off and no healing is needed. If you played a healer, and I have 7 of them, you will see that you will be very very bored at times during the leveling process or at end game, when no damage is going out! That's why I say put this in it will add some fun to the role of healing. Also, if you ever played other MMO's like Neverwinter, you'll see that all the healers ever do is dps and heal the party via their damage. It's fun at first but feels helpless as you can't target players directly and dump heals into them.

1. Completely separate PVE and PVP, and then balance PVP by giving everything the same number of CC and counter-CC abilities. WoW's PVP has always been broken because certain classes have an arsenal of CC, while others barely have any. Everyone should have an equivalent toolkit. PVE and PVP should be separated for obvious reasons.

2. Tower defense, DotA, and RTS style BGs/Scenarios. I loved Wintergrasp, and would have liked Isle of Conquest if not for the vehicle imbalance. As a fan of the Warcraft RTS series, I would love to see more RTS elements in WoW.

3. Rework the leveling experience. I think the leveling experience should feature an epic story, with major usage of the lore figures we have faced in the past. In 1-60 content you should deal with Onyxia, C'Thun, etc either through quests, Scenarios, or 5 mans. Things like the Wrathgate should not have been taken out. While the Cataclysm rework was a definite improvement, they still leave some of the cooler elements of WoW's past collecting dust.