How can do my best damage in a single target boss fight just like malkorok?

I have switched from my monk to my prot war for two weeks. But I found my DPS is lower than my monk even than my teammate - a prot paladin. Do i have some mistakes on my control? My ilvl is 557. Who can teach me about the attack loop and tell me about the advantage of the protection warrior in a 10 man heroic raid. I am confused about whether I use the monk or the warrior to have the raid. Please help me, thanks a lot.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Use Dragon´s Roar + Bloodbath. Macro them. Use Thunderclap Glyph. Glyphed Thunderclap > Devestate as a filler. Hold the Line and Heavy Repurcussion are mandatory. Intervene the other tank ~ 3 seconds before Riposte runs out and be sure not to catch a debuff. Hold Shieldblock up even if you are not tanking for Heavy Repurcussion. Not sure about the mechanics in heroic, but if there is still a purple zone near the melees which needs to be soaked, be sure to soak it to maintaine vengeance. If you don´t start tanking (and probably even if you are starting) pop a str pot. Pool rage if boss > 20% health and go full execute mode if you are not tanking. Also, Leap on cd. It´s off gcd and still adds a bit of damage. just don´t fuck up your other buttons meanwhile.

The tricky part is to maintaine Riposte and vengeance.

Edit: Wrote revenge, meant vengeance. Fix´d.
    Last edited by Valech; 2013-09-26 at 10:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

I was always under the impression that if you were offtanking, using the 60 rage on heroic strikes instead of spending it on shield block to maintain heavy repercussions was higher dps. Is this wrong?

Angelicat is right afaik and Valech means Vengeance not Revenge (I assume).

sorry guys, valech is right on that one, i can see how you'd think that, but most prot tanks heroic strikes are ussually crits because of free ultimatum procs, using heroic strike without ultimatum is barely any damage at all, like sub 100k. heavy repercussions however turns 450k hits into 675k hits.

But it's definitely 2 HS vs 1 maybe 2 shield slams depending on proc during SB. Also with riposte up assuming that at least 1 HS is a crit is not actually that far fetched, even w/o ultimatum.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelicat View Post
    I was always under the impression that if you were offtanking, using the 60 rage on heroic strikes instead of spending it on shield block to maintain heavy repercussions was higher dps. Is this wrong?
    Definitely a loss to be doing heroic strikes even while offtanking, do you have any logs at all so I can browse them and check for anything you could improve on?

At low level of Vengeance, it's rather equivalent, IIRC.
    I'd still recommend SB, slightly ahead because of the possibility to use SS several times during one SB window and since it's easier to stick to the same gameplay.
    Last edited by Senen; 2013-09-26 at 10:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by eddytheone View Post
    Definitely a loss to be doing heroic strikes even while offtanking, do you have any logs at all so I can browse them and check for anything you could improve on?
    No logs, my warrior is my alt and all I do is pug normals with him so I don't play him a lot but when I play him I like to be doing the best I can, which is why I try to keep up on warrior stuff.

My post wasn't a, "oh you are wrong and you should be doing HS instead" but more of a "Oh have I been doing it wrong this entire time?".
    Last edited by Angelicat; 2013-09-26 at 11:04 AM.

Deleted
    No logs, my warrior is my alt and all I do is pug normals with him so I don't play him a lot but when I play him I like to be doing the best I can, which is why I try to keep up on warrior stuff.

My post wasn't a, "oh you are wrong and you should be doing HS instead" but more of a "Oh have I been doing it wrong this entire time?".
    Ah after re-reading what I posted I failed with the second part and the logs bit was intended for the OP *facepalm* Sorry ^^

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes i mean vengeance. A bit confusing since I´m german, and vengeance is called "Rache" in german. Sadfully, the ability revenge is called "Rache" as well.

Regarding the SS/HS thingy... I think it was SBlock + SS + no SnB proccs = HS spam on low vengeance levels and SBlock + SS + no SnB proccs > HS spam on higher veangeance levels. Since you never can plan SnB proccs I´d always go for SBlock + SS
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.